Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Agholor for the Saints' kickoff tee.
Ouch.
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 02:40 PM   #44
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

If New Orleans would take our 2018 1st instead of the 2017, I'd probably be more inclined to make the deal. Hell even two seconds would be okay in my books.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 01:13 PM   #45
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Okay, after that John Ross 40, I really don't want the Eagles to trade for Cooks.
Old 03-04-2017, 01:52 PM   #46
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

After seeing the list of guys with the top 40 times, I'd be weary of drafting Ross. Pretty much a list of busts, and then Chris Johnson. Suffice to say though if Al Davis were still alive he'd trade five first round picks to the Browns for the #1 pick to take Ross.
Old 03-04-2017, 02:59 PM   #47
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah Al would be doing everything he could to maneuver into position to take Ross. Thing is if he was still running the team they are probably picking top 5 in the draft anyway.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2017, 03:22 PM   #48
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
After seeing the list of guys with the top 40 times, I'd be weary of drafting Ross. Pretty much a list of busts, and then Chris Johnson. Suffice to say though if Al Davis were still alive he'd trade five first round picks to the Browns for the #1 pick to take Ross.
Yeah, except Ross has produced at the college level, can catch, and run routes. It's not like he's a Heyward-Bey clone. He's a Cooks or Desean Jackson type with a higher ceiling, IMO.
Old 03-04-2017, 06:34 PM   #49
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Heyward Bey isn't even on the list. Ross might end up great, but he's apparently a pretty big injury risk. If you want a receiver, Mike Williams is easily the best guy, and I'd probably rather trade for Cooks since the Eagles have no cap issues and he's an established NFL asset with no injury concerns.

Old 03-04-2017, 06:59 PM   #50
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Heyward Bey isn't even on the list. Ross might end up great, but he's apparently a pretty big injury risk. If you want a receiver, Mike Williams is easily the best guy, and I'd probably rather trade for Cooks since the Eagles have no cap issues and he's an established NFL asset with no injury concerns.

Not Corey Davis?
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 07:59 PM   #51
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
What are you talking about? The Eagles have a bunch of cap issues right now and next year it gets even worse. They'll release or trade Barwin, Mathews and a couple others but they won't exactly be swimming in cap space after free agent signings and rookie contracts are accounted for.

Disagree on Williams. I have both Ross and Davis ahead of him. The guy is a big dude but there are major concerns about his ability to get separation and run a full route tree at the pro level. I'd also add that his vertical jump at the combine wasnt exactly inspiring. I think his ceiling is a poor man's Kelvin Benjamin.
Old 03-07-2017, 01:38 PM   #52
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Surprised to not see this posted but Chad Greenway retired yesterday. Always thought he was tremendously underrated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2017, 01:52 PM   #53
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
What are you talking about? The Eagles have a bunch of cap issues right now and next year it gets even worse. They'll release or trade Barwin, Mathews and a couple others but they won't exactly be swimming in cap space after free agent signings and rookie contracts are accounted for.

Disagree on Williams. I have both Ross and Davis ahead of him. The guy is a big dude but there are major concerns about his ability to get separation and run a full route tree at the pro level. I'd also add that his vertical jump at the combine wasnt exactly inspiring. I think his ceiling is a poor man's Kelvin Benjamin.
Don't forget releasing Chase Daniel. They are kind of up against the cap, but that's with like 50 guys signed. They won't be in a cap nightmare situation I guess is what I mean.. As far as FA signings, isn't that what getting Cooks is essentially? The fact New England came calling for Cooks is a pretty strong endorsement that he's really good and worth acquiring.

Now with regards to Williams vs. Ross, well, look at the last games of the season for both. Went up against the only defense in America that is close to NFL level in Alabama. Ross put up 5 catches for 28 yards and a fumble. Williams put up 8 for 94 yards and a touchdown, and as we remember he made several big time plays down the stretch. I wouldn't quite call him Mike Evans level, but he can be just a level below that which is mighty good.
Old 03-07-2017, 04:54 PM   #54
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Apparently Mark Davis has found himself a new sugar daddy for a Las Vegas move: Bank of America. Good to know that the US Government will at some point be technically bailing out the Raiders.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:19 PM   #55
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Now with regards to Williams vs. Ross, well, look at the last games of the season for both. Went up against the only defense in America that is close to NFL level in Alabama. Ross put up 5 catches for 28 yards and a fumble. Williams put up 8 for 94 yards and a touchdown, and as we remember he made several big time plays down the stretch. I wouldn't quite call him Mike Evans level, but he can be just a level below that which is mighty good.
You realize how bad of an argument this is, right? I'm not going to say that Ross is a guaranteed franchise player or anything but you'll find numerous scouts and draft "experts" who are worried about Williams at the next level. He's nowhere near Mike Evans. Like I said, most have Kelvin Benjamin as his NFL comparable. The big knock against him is that the reason he makes so many difficult catches is because he has trouble getting separation and is therefore forced to make those types of catches.

He might be a dependable redzone or third down possession guy, like Benjamin is, but just don't think he's all that explosive.
Old 03-08-2017, 12:29 PM   #56
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Mike Evans isn't remotely explosive, he's not a guy who gets separation very well, and you would trade a bevy of picks to get him on the Eagles. Evans is great at making halo catches (throws that are near him that he simply snags), but he's not running by anybody. In fact he'd probably have at least five more career TDs if he could get away from guys. Williams, like Evans, is big and can high point the ball very well. That makes him a downfield threat (and perhaps as importantly, a PI magnet). I get that "Mike Williams" as a namesake hasn't exactly been great in the NFL, but he's the consensus best receiver in the draft.

Also, Cowboys will release Romo. Gotta think it's Denver or Houston for him, since he'd make them instant Super Bowl contenders.

Last edited by Senator Clay Davis; 03-08-2017 at 12:32 PM.
Senator Clay Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 12:37 PM   #57
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm worried about a sophomore slump for Dak. I know Romo wouldn't want to finish his career as a backup, but he would be a hell of an insurance policy.
Old 03-08-2017, 02:27 PM   #58
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

I want no part of Romo in Denver but all indications here are they'll go after him hard. Hopefully Lynch is ready to start after Romo's inevitable season ending injury after a couple of games.

PS: he won't be. Lynch is a four year project at best and was a waste of a draft pick at worst. He's basically Jankowski.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 02:34 PM   #59
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

With Bennett set to cashing in somewhere ...

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
Source: The #Patriots are trading for #Colts TE Dwayne Allen. Wow.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 03:14 PM   #60
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gotta keep their 2 TE system in tact.
Joborule is online now   Reply With Quote