Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2016, 11:53 AM   #861
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Welp, they sold out in 15 minutes. I had 2 in my cart and was unable to get through the online ordering process due to server issues kept timing out on me.

Bugger!
Old 12-20-2016, 03:46 PM   #862
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post

What I have been able to find out about these balls is they are Korean in origin. They are a four piece, which makes them a little unique. Based on that I think they are probably manufactured by Volvik and equivalent to the Volvik S4 or Vista iV. These are a great ball from an underrated manufacturer.
The manufacturer is Nassau Golf Co Ltd from Korea. They are not Volvik balls.
Old 12-20-2016, 07:54 PM   #863
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
^ do you just care about length - what about touch and feel around the greens? pure roll on putts?
They spin on well struck shots. I like how they play around the green they grab when you want them too and release nicely when you are playing a bump and run.

I can't stand balls that are clicky off the putter (NXT, I'm looking at you) and these are nice and soft.
DoubleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 08:53 AM   #864
AltaGuy
AltaGuy has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
I'm playing them and really like them. I mean, really like them. I take a lot of #### from some of the other players but these things are awesome. I get the same performance out of the Kirkland as so do out of the Pro-V1. I can squeeze a little more performance out of the Pro-V1x but not enough to get excited about. The Kirkland is explosive off the tee and has great feel around the greens. Stopping performance is every bit as good as the Pro-V series. These are a four piece ball, so guys with slow swing speeds will not be able to work them effectively.

What I have been able to find out about these balls is they are Korean in origin. They are a four piece, which makes them a little unique. Based on that I think they are probably manufactured by Volvik and equivalent to the Volvik S4 or Vista iV. These are a great ball from an underrated manufacturer.

Oh, and only available online.
I gotta try these. Been playing the Chromesofts, and while they're cheaper than ProVs, not by a heck of a lot.

I do love that mushy feel of the Chromesofts though!
AltaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 09:34 AM   #865
Gravitykillr
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltaGuy View Post
I gotta try these. Been playing the Chromesofts, and while they're cheaper than ProVs, not by a heck of a lot.

I used to play the Chromesofts and went to the Wilson Duo Spin, they are just as soft, and I find my irons I hit them a little further and get a firmer feel off the irons. Putter is just as mushy. Oh and $30 for 12 as opposed to $50, but the Kirkland ones I'm intrigued by mostly because of the reviews.
Gravitykillr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gravitykillr For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2016, 09:35 AM   #866
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

seems like these things have gotten a bit too popular, I'll have to hope to find some in the desert.

this is from wrx

Quote:
Costco’s Kirkland Signature golf ball is arguably the hottest new product in the golf world, and so far the company has been unable to meet demand — so much so that Costco issued an apology to its members who unsuccessfully tried to purchase Kirkland Signature golf balls yesterday.

After being sold out for weeks, the golf balls were restocked on Costco’s website on Dec. 20 at 11 a.m. EST, but were sold out again within 30 minutes. Widespread slow site speeds and errors were reported on Costco’s website by shoppers trying to purchase the golf balls, including me.
Old 12-23-2016, 01:31 AM   #867
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Reposting for people who might be interested....

Taylormade M1 / M2 Price Drops!

Hey Folks! I hope all of your holiday plans are going well so far! Over here at Golf Traders we keep an eye on the market and we noticed that the guys across the street lowered their prices a bit on the M1's and M2's. I just wanted to let you all know we've got you covered because you know we always have the best prices in town!

Here are the starting prices in each category:

Taylormade M1/M2 Demo Drivers Starting at Only $239!
Taylormade M1/M2 Demo Fairway Woods Starting at $139!
Taylormade M1/M2 Demo Hybrids Starting at $109!
Taylormade M2 Irons Starting at $549!

We're open normal hours Monday-Friday this week and Monday-Friday next week so drop by and pickup that club you're looking for!

Have an AWESOME holiday and we will see you soon!
Cheers,

Stephen Leavitt
Golf Traders
587-224-4653

445 Avenida Village
12445 Lake Fraser Dr
Calgary, AB T2J7A4

Last edited by Dion; 12-23-2016 at 01:34 AM.
Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dion For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2016, 05:45 AM   #868
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltaGuy View Post

You'll hate them if you like Chromesofts. A regular playing partner of mine plays Chromesofts and I gave him a Kirkland to try. He gave up after six holes and went back to the Chromesoft. Said he couldn't get used to the hardness of the Kirkland.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 02:52 PM   #869
EverfresH15
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Default Finally

Golftown sent me my wedge after ordering it about 3 months ago

EverfresH15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 11:13 PM   #870
I-Hate-Hulse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thoughts on laser range finder? Worth it? I was toying with the idea of getting one, and wasn't sure if slope adjustment was worth the extra money. Bushnell's seem to be the market leader but would love to hear if the Nikons are any good.

Do these come up on Kijiji much? Golftown seems like a bust this year for boxing day regardless.
I-Hate-Hulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 11:18 PM   #871
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love my Bushnell. It doesn't have slope so I can't comment on the value of the upcharge.

The only issue with them vs a GPS device is you need to have line of sight to your target.
Old 12-26-2016, 08:24 AM   #872
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

I got this one from air miles.

http://www.nikon.com/products/sporto...ot20/index.htm

I don't use it a whole lot if I'm firmilliar with a course, but it's been very handy when I've been somewhere that I'm not firmilliar with. It doesn't have any bells and whistles, pretty much just point at something you want the yardage for. My buddy has a fancy Bushnell and the yardage is just as accurate as his, but his counts for revelation changes.

I have no complaints with it so far.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 01:43 AM   #873
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Golftown is running it's annual regrip event. All grips are 40% off with 20% on shafts.

http://www.golftown.com/Category_LIS...A4MDk0NjEwNgS2
Old 01-13-2017, 09:22 AM   #874
EverfresH15
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
Golftown is running it's annual regrip event. All grips are 40% off with 20% on shafts.

Thank you sir!
EverfresH15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 01:11 PM   #875
RussianSpy
Draft Pick

Anyone know why Elks is now called The Winston? I noticed it is changed on their Facebook page and their Twitter profile is now @thewinstongc. I assume they have separated from Elks Lodge and can't use that name anymore so they chose the area the course is in, but curious as to why. I believe they had plans for a new clubhouse but not sure where that's at.
RussianSpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 01:52 PM   #876
united
First Line Centre

Exp:

They came, they shook the industry, and now it looks like they're done:

Costco Suspends Production of the Kirkland Signature Golf Ball
https://www.mygolfspy.com/costco-sus...ig-production/
A representative of Nassau Golf (originally listed as the manufacturer of the Kirkland Signature Ball on the USGA conforming list) has told MyGolfSpy that Costco purchased overruns of Nassau's European-market-exclusive Quattro ball. There is some indication the sale was made through a third party, and that Nassau may not have been directly involved in the deal. The same source confirms that while the Costco balls have a different core color, the material composition and layer thickness are absolutely identical to the Quattro.

With the initial supply of overruns exhausted, Costco effectively has nothing left to sell.

With Costco selling its version of the Quattro at its cost ($15/dozen), it appears that Nassau is not particularly interested in selling Costco any additional inventory. As you can imagine, there's little interest in allowing Costco to undercut the Quattro with the Quattro, nor is there any desire to see the ball market (including direct-to-consumer brands like Snell, and OEMs such as TaylorMade) undercut either.

I mention TaylorMade in particular because the company's tour balls are produced at the same factory as the Costco/Nassau balls, and there are some indications that production of new TP5 has pushed smaller companies to the back of the production line. Even if Costco otherwise had the capability to produce balls immediately, which it appears it doesn’t, the K-Sig wouldn’t be given priority over larger brands and long-term customers.

"You ain't gotta like me. You're just mad 'cause I tell it how it is and you tell it how it might be."
united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 03:52 PM   #877
EuKnoLikeMonny
Backup Goalie

Exp:

With the warm-ish weather we are seeing, I am getting the urge to try and figure out my golf plan for 2017 and wanted to get some feedback.

The backstory: I had never had a golf membership before last year, but signed up at Inglewood as I live downtown. It was approx. 2K for a membership, and it was great given that the course opened up earlier than normal (late April/early May)?

During the early months I probably played 15-17 rounds a month, it was excellent. As the summer wore on, I found I was having an increasingly harder time getting on at the course due to corporate events, mens night/ladies night/juniors etc. I understand most courses will have all of these nights for their members, but it just made it tough to get on and get out as the only times available during the week were 330 PM or 745 PM.

Any sugguestions for a week night twilight golfer? I play a couple of weekends a month too. Just trying to figure out what will give me a) maximum golf at the right times, and b) cost efficient. I see some great deals on groupon for Douglasdale etc that might be worth a look at.

Thanks!
EuKnoLikeMonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 08:46 PM   #878
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post

Grip event ends tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 10:43 AM   #879
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

K-Sig not dead.

http://www.golf.com/tour-news/2017/0...t-gone-forever
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2017, 09:01 AM   #880
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuKnoLikeMonny View Post

Any sugguestions for a week night twilight golfer? I play a couple of weekends a month too. Just trying to figure out what will give me a) maximum golf at the right times, and b) cost efficient. I see some great deals on groupon for Douglasdale etc that might be worth a look at.

Thanks!
Several of us have joined a program called VIP golf. You pay a membership fee in exchange for better access (in some cases tee times open before the general public) to semi private courses, access to some private courses, and a discounted rate.

Tags
net5 , punch out , royal boulder , tpc fox hollow