Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 09:09 PM   #461
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

I was in the supporters section tonight! Lost my voice and probably sent Farago home with tears and sadness!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2019, 09:13 PM   #462
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

OneSoccer is awesome as far as I'm concerned. The league nailed the live stream and CBC contracts.
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2019, 09:36 PM   #463
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
I took the game off to recover from a bad cold. I agree, the group sounded incredible on the stream.
We missed you!
The Following User Says Thank You to CofR For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2019, 09:39 PM   #464
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
OneSoccer is awesome as far as I'm concerned. The league nailed the live stream and CBC contracts.
Yup, well worth the $75 a year IMO.

Old 05-08-2019, 09:48 PM   #465
Eagle Eye
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Why is it that there is no mention of the CPL on TSN.ca? Nothing no scores, standings or stats. Am I missing something or completely blind?

Pretty ridiculous if you ask me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle Eye For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2019, 09:51 PM   #466
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Man that was fun.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cam_wmh For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2019, 09:58 PM   #467
Howie_16
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Just bought tickets to see Cavalry away in Halifax in July! Much more reasonable pricing, including the opportunity to purchase "Youth Tickets" for my sons. No roof in Halifax, but also no posts obstructing the view from my seat!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Howie_16 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2019, 10:10 PM   #468
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh boy that was fun, section 109 is a great time. Glad Escalante got the winner, made up for him missing that sitter at the start of the second half.

Two games in and I’m ready to say it’s a easily a better atmosphere than Stanps games (with the possible exception of Labour Day and Riders games).

Valour sure spent a lot of time rolling around on the ground...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M*A*S*H 4077 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2019, 10:16 PM   #469
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Lost my voice in the supporters section again tonight. Some really fun people in that crew.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Big Chill For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2019, 10:57 PM   #470
2ArmBands
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I am really intrigued by this. I think the venue is terrific and although I’m sure there are some logistic issues I envision this being an awesome day out on a nice summer day.

I’m a very casual soccer fan at best but always willing to support local sport. I see myself as the demographic that this kind of initiative should be targeting.

I am going to have to echo a lot of the sentiments already in this thread. Personally, I would love for this to be an event I can take my kids to. However, the pricing simply isn’t feasible for a family of 4. If I am understanding correctly the cheapest seat for public purchase is north of $50. $200 to walk in the door is an absolute deal breaker...

If you consider that the surrounding area to Spruce Meadows is very much a suburban type demographic with lots of families and children it makes no sense to not target it. Hoping next year they can be more competitive so we can embrace it!
The Following User Says Thank You to 2ArmBands For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2019, 11:15 PM   #471
RM14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ArmBands View Post
I am really intrigued by this. I think the venue is terrific and although I’m sure there are some logistic issues I envision this being an awesome day out on a nice summer day.

I’m a very casual soccer fan at best but always willing to support local sport. I see myself as the demographic that this kind of initiative should be targeting.

I am going to have to echo a lot of the sentiments already in this thread. Personally, I would love for this to be an event I can take my kids to. However, the pricing simply isn’t feasible for a family of 4. If I am understanding correctly the cheapest seat for public purchase is north of $50. $200 to walk in the door is an absolute deal breaker...

If you consider that the surrounding area to Spruce Meadows is very much a suburban type demographic with lots of families and children it makes no sense to not target it. Hoping next year they can be more competitive so we can embrace it!
On Ticketmaster, they have added $20 general admission seats. And there a number of great places for families to just settle in on the North end of the stadium.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RM14 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2019, 11:35 PM   #472
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Iwas there and it was hella fun!! I've never had so much fun at a soccer game... I'm also drunk, so I am sorry. GO CAVS!!!!!!!!

#### FC EDmonton too, just cause... lil ####s
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2019, 12:59 AM   #473
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

I'm just buzzing after that game. That was awesome!
It
Old 05-09-2019, 07:57 AM   #474
MillerTime GFG
First Line Centre

Exp:

First game for me last night as well. My thoughts:

- Fairly sloppy game overall - I think a lot of that was to do with the pitch. Looked slick and is still choppy, though I think it'll be really nice in a few weeks.
- Cavalry clearly the superior team
- Escalante the best player on the pitch. Should be taking guys one on one every chance he gets, though it does look like he does the same move every time (stepover with right foot and goes to his left - want to see if he'll go to his right as well). Great finish on his free kick, though the keeper looked mad at himself afterwards so I wonder if it bounced over him? Hard to tell in real time. Regardless, nice goal.
- Finishing could use some work...a lot of shots from just outside the box that missed, though again, I think that's partly to do with the pitch
- Ledgerwood plays so simple, in a good way. You can tell he's played at a much higher level. Crisp passes, very intelligent.
- Back line is solid. Jay and Zats looked great...possibly susceptible to through balls to strikers with speed
- Carducci has great hands - no rebounds on any shots. Real calming presence
- My man Deano (Northover) looked solid. Some great crosses, though tried to do a little too much one on one, which isn't really his game
- Valour knew they were outmatched and spent a lot of time on the ground. They just wanted to leave with a point
- Referee was letting EVERYTHING go
- Venue looks really good, though the walk from lot 2 was insanely long. Those pillars are a real pain for sightlines

Two games in, it looks like the Cavs could be a favourite in this league, as they've clearly been the better side in both.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MillerTime GFG For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2019, 08:36 AM   #475
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

There's no excuse to not pack the place against Edmonton next weekend. I know the Edmonton supporters have section 401 sold out, and are now buying in 402 and 403. So put down your keyboards, get out your wallets, and drop a few (or way too many) bucks to watch Cavalry assert their dominance over those overhyped POS from up North.

Also, how bad ass is this photo? The FOMO of missing last night's game is getting to me today.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2019, 09:01 AM   #476
Howie_16
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
There's no excuse to not pack the place against Edmonton next weekend. I know the Edmonton supporters have section 401 sold out, and are now buying in 402 and 403. So put down your keyboards, get out your wallets, and drop a few (or way too many) bucks to watch Cavalry assert their dominance over those overhyped POS from up North.
I purchased 4 tickets to the FC Edmonton game immediately after reading this plea! Or maybe it was last night, not that it matters... UP THE CAVS!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Howie_16 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2019, 09:13 AM   #477
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Announced crowd of 2055 last night. That's better than what I expected.

For the Edmonton game, nearly everything $40 and less is gone. Yet another example of how they goofed the ticket prices. But, should be a decent atmosphere.
Old 05-09-2019, 09:21 AM   #478
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't make the FC Edmonton game, but I'm hopeful it sells out as it's still over a week away. I'm actually happy there's a contingent of FCE fans coming as it'll just add to the loudness and experience of the game. Then, they can #### right off back to Dumpsville / PotHoleParadise up north.

One thing I will be purchasing today is the One Soccer subscription. This league is just fantastic so far and the Canadian Championship should be fun too.
Old 05-09-2019, 09:22 AM   #479
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

I was at Children's Emergency last night with my son (he is ok), and there were half a dozen kids there with soccer injuries. One boy (about 16-17) had a full Cavalry uniform on. Do they have a junior team?
Old 05-09-2019, 09:32 AM   #480
Mccree
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

outside of this thread I am not even sure I would have known about this league and this team.

Closed Thread

Tags
2xchamps , canadian premier league , canpl , cavalry fc , fc edmonton is no good , fuforge