Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-21-2019, 10:56 PM   #941
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

People don't like Drake because he is a fraud...started on the bottom, as a wealthy child actor from the suburbs.

Not a big deal...its just dumb to act like he is part of the team. Massaging the coaches shoulders ffs. Also, spending 750k on a jacket is just a bad look IMO

You are all rich as #### do something positive with that money

Lets get Joey Jeremiah court side
Old 05-21-2019, 11:54 PM   #942
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:
Icon46

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
People don't like Drake because he is a fraud...started on the bottom, as a wealthy child actor from the suburbs.

Not a big deal...its just dumb to act like he is part of the team. Massaging the coaches shoulders ffs. Also, spending 750k on a jacket is just a bad look IMO

You are all rich as #### do something positive with that money

Lets get Joey Jeremiah court side
I don't know the figures but I don't think the actors on degrassi were getting millions. Definitely not enough to set themselves up for life.

Not sure where you got the info about his younger life. I'm not a big fan of his music so I didn't know his background very well. But according to his wikipedia page:

Quote:
Drake was raised in two polarizing Toronto neighbourhoods; he lived on Weston Road in the city's working-class west end,[44] until grade six. In his youth, he played minor hockey with the Weston Red Wings.[47] Drake then moved to one of the city's affluent neighbourhoods, Forest Hill, in 2000.[48][49] When asked about the move, Drake replied, "[We had] a half of a house we could live in. The other people had the top half, we had the bottom half. I lived in the basement, my mom lived on the first floor. It was not big, it was not luxurious. It was what we could afford."

"My mother was very sick. We were very poor, like broke. The only money I had coming in was off of Canadian TV"
savemedrzaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 06:34 AM   #943
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wish people would focus less on hating Drake, and live and let live. He's earned what he's made, he's enjoying himself, and loves his city. What's to hate?
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Joborule For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2019, 07:07 AM   #944
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is Drake really the "Nickelback of rap"? I'm no fan by any stretch, but he is nowhere close to as bad as Nickelback. People seem to have forgotten now that it's been more than a decade of Nickelback being irrelevant just how monumentally awful prime Nickelback really was (and Imagine Dragons coming along as the even worse version of Nickelback also makes you forget). As others have mentioned like him or not, Drake at least gives the Raps profile and yeah we all know original Degrassi ####s on the new gen one, but Zit Remedy ain't getting the Raps no profile.

As for the past two games, Gasol deserves big credit for stepping up after an awful start to the series. His passing in particular has been a big asset for getting other guys easy buckets. Bucks looked a little rattled last night, good to put them under pressure to at least see how they react.
Old 05-22-2019, 10:24 AM   #945
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingred89 View Post
Also. The Bucks have a lot of punchable faces on their team.
The Bucks are the perfect team for Khris Middleton's teeth to play for.
SebC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 11:22 AM   #946
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

The defense on Giannis in the halfcourt has been superb. He's got his long euro-step and about one 3 per game, and that's it so far. And they've done it by throwing a number of different defenders on him.

This is what I think Boston screwed up on: they went with Horford on Giannis at every opportunity, and Horford is a superb defender... but Giannis was able to eventually figure out little things he could do to gain an edge. Kawhi is the Raptors' best defender on Giannis. But they're limiting the number of times Kawhi is the primary defender, so he doesn't have a sample size to learn how to attack Kawhi like he did with Horford... plus he seems so uninterested in trying to attack Kawhi, he's not going to figure it out.

As well, the team defense approach of sitting off Giannis, daring him to drive, and then bringing the double at the first sign of a spin move has been brilliant. Giannis is at 21 turnovers so far this series, compared to just 11 and 14 in the first two series.

There's a counter that Giannis can employ, and that's passing it to the open guy as soon as the double comes. But when you're in the midst of a spin-move, you can't usually see the double coming because your back is away and you're spinning into it. Maybe better communication from teammates here, or maybe it's just using the spin move less and the euro-step more.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to octothorp For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2019, 01:13 PM   #947
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's also a matter of some of the Bucks making those shots. If they have a good shooting night it's pretty damned tough to keep up, and you're going to have a cold stretch at some point in the game.

Anyway, underdog in the ECF, lose two games on the road, come home and win two in front of the TO fans, but looking a little the worse for wear coming out of those games? This is familiar. Hopefully they can flip the script from 2016 in game 5. Going to take a heck of a performance from Lowry and the Bench.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 03:28 PM   #948
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule View Post
Wish people would focus less on hating Drake, and live and let live. He's earned what he's made, he's enjoying himself, and loves his city. What's to hate?
Ha Sid nailed it on Tim and Sid.

Drake only sticks out because everyone else sitting courtside doesn't want to be there and is on their phones. Having passion sticks out like a sore thumb.

Last edited by Weitz; 05-22-2019 at 03:39 PM.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 03:33 PM   #949
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Ha Sid nailed it on Tim and Sid.

Drake only sticks out because everyone else sitting courtside doesn't want to be there and is on their phones. Having passion sticks out like a sour thumb.
Old 05-22-2019, 07:44 PM   #950
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm not a Drake "fan" or anything but I like some of his songs and listen to him sometimes, and I like the "brand" and awareness increase he gives the Raptors that they need. I like when he's at the games.

That said, yesterday seemed a bit over the top, I found it a little embarrassing at times frankly. He's literally walking up and down the sidelines of the court like he's a mascot or something, mingling with coach/the announcers mid-game..it's impossible not to notice him. It's just a little weird and gives the Raps a bit of an amateur feel with that stuff going on. Be like other celeb super fans and go mingle with the team after the game, not during it.

Ibaka was so locked in yesterday, that was impressive..finally Kawhi got some help. So impressed this series is tied, now they just have to learn how to win in Milwaukee.

Last edited by Sainters7; 05-22-2019 at 07:51 PM.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2019, 08:26 PM   #951
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

NM...I'm just being angry for no reason.

Hope the Raptors can pull off a road win

Last edited by dino7c; 05-22-2019 at 09:12 PM.
dino7c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 09:15 PM   #952
Magnum PEI
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Nickelback at least write their own songs.
I'm not really sure how Drake became so famous. He's not a good singer, his rapping and lyrics are below average, he's not particularly handsome. But he's been around for over a decade now. It's really mind boggling to me.
Magnum PEI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 09:20 PM   #953
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just like Taylor Swift, with catchy songs
Old 05-22-2019, 10:35 PM   #954
Flamenspiel
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Not a fan of his music, but I like him as a character and his heckling of the other teams. Spike Lee and other celebs have done that before, maybe not as effectively though. There was a TSN movie about Spike Lee and Reggie Williams, they had quite a battle going when the Knicks played the Pacers one year.

The fans are so close to the action in the NBA, it’s a big part of the home game advantage.
Flamenspiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 11:17 PM   #955
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamenspiel View Post
Not a fan of his music, but I like him as a character and his heckling of the other teams. Spike Lee and other celebs have done that before, maybe not as effectively though. There was a TSN movie about Spike Lee and Reggie Williams, they had quite a battle going when the Knicks played the Pacers one year.

The fans are so close to the action in the NBA, it’s a big part of the home game advantage.
Reggie Williams... hahahaha and maybe you should rewatch that special because Miller owned Spike Lee's ass.

Drake needs to go home and watch the game on TV and wear bucks shorts so he doesn't curse the Raps. no talent hack.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:41 PM   #956
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

He has a talent for making insanely popular albums and selling out a worldwide arena tour every two years.

Seems like those are pretty valuable talents.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 05:52 PM   #957
flamingred89
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cautiously optimistic about the game tonight. Hoping they can carry the momentum from game 4. I’m calling for another solid game from Gasol and Vanvleet. Raps by 5.
flamingred89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 06:35 PM   #958
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Admittedly in a casual fan so I don't watch them enough...but does Denny Green EVER make baskets?? Feels like he always misses 3s
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 06:37 PM   #959
flamingred89
Franchise Player

Exp:

Less than 2 mins in and Matt and Jack are already questioning the calls.
flamingred89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 06:38 PM   #960
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

It’s going to be one of these reffed games I see
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote