Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2009, 05:42 PM   #201
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Only thing I noticed that might be a hint as to who took Bill was that I think it was another Vampire.

The person who put the silver around his neck was wearing gloves so the silver didn't touch his/her skin

And I agree I think Eric is too obvious
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:00 PM   #202
chid
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Everyone seems to think it was Eric and yes the gloves totally gives me the impression it was another vampire, but I agree its way too obvious to be Eric after his conversation with the Queen.

Does this mean next season we won't see much of Bill Compton?
chid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:00 PM   #203
Clever_Iggy
Franchise Player

Exp:

What a terrible finale and terrible final 5-7 episodes. The finale didn't sink to the levels that the previous episode did, but overall it was just horrible.

Jason's character is so terrible. I know he's supposed to play the dumb red neck, but screwing up phrases like that over and over is just such weak dialogue.

Thankfully Maryanne has been eliminated and won't have to be on the show anymore. If the writers bring in another lame super-natural character that creates 14 lame storylines, I'll be done with the show. Concentrate on developing the better characters - ie. Lafayette, Eric, Jessica, etc... Sookie, Bill, Tara, Sam, etc... have taken their terrible characters to their limits. Relegate them to supporting roles for awhile. In fact, go ahead and eliminate Sookie - the most lame, unbelieveable character in the series. Considering that the series involves shape-shifters, vampires and other mystical creatures, that's saying something.

/end rant

re Eric as the gloved kidnapper of Bill. I think the fact that Bill did not hear/react to someone else in the room would suggest that the person was a vampire and able to move quickly, or whatever. Perhaps it's not Eric, but it is as simple as another vampire doing Eric's bidding? Eric is the sheriff after all.
Clever_Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:01 PM   #204
GreenTeaFrapp
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane_phaneuf View Post
Only thing I noticed that might be a hint as to who took Bill was that I think it was another Vampire.

The person who put the silver around his neck was wearing gloves so the silver didn't touch his/her skin
The face that someone was strong enough to take Bill, means it wasn't a human that took him.

Quote:
And I agree I think Eric is too obvious
Could it be his maker? The Vampire Queen herself?
GreenTeaFrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:06 PM   #205
Clever_Iggy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTeaFrapp View Post
The face that someone was strong enough to take Bill, means it wasn't a human that took him.

Could it be his maker? The Vampire Queen herself?
Remember when Jason and that chick kidnapped that other vampire to steal his blood in season 1? It would suggest that the use of silver would allow a human to control a vampire... ?

The maker angle is interesting. Maybe she's in bed with Eric to get him back (she won't kill him, but will take him as a prisoner away from Sookie allowing Eric to save face with the Queen and have Sookie to himself).
Clever_Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:36 PM   #206
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

ya the maker would make sense, but she wouldn't need silver would she?

she overpowered him easily in the hotel earlier this season

But I think its more likely her than Eric
Old 09-15-2009, 01:42 AM   #207
Five-hole
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm just glad the Maryanne storyline is over. God did that drag on too long. It felt like nothing happened for at least 3 episodes.

I'm hoping it's out of its slump and will be back with a force to start next season.
Five-hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 08:10 AM   #208
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hope the preachers wife is back next season somehow. She's hot.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:29 AM   #209
burn_baby_burn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone could have taken Bill. The gloves indicate that it could be a vampire. Allthough a vampire such as Eric wouldn't need silver to over power Bill. Could be fang bangers working on behalf of Eric or the Queen.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:53 AM   #210
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just finished the 9th book (most recent) in the series True Blood is based on and I highly recommend them. Pretty easy reading but I could not put them down. I am really excited to see how they convert to TV.

Some writers teasers for the next season:

http://truebloodnet.com/true-blood-s.../#comment-9645

Books:

http://www.amazon.ca/Sookie-Stackhou...8642262&sr=8-2

http://www.amazon.ca/Dead-Gone-Charl...d_bxgy_b_img_b
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:54 PM   #211
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Trailer for Season 3, 20 days away

Old 05-24-2010, 11:01 PM   #212
CRXguy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

oh snap!!!
CRXguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:02 PM   #213
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Damn. This season looks good!

Bring in the werewolves baby! w00t w00t!
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:19 AM   #214
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

NO SPOILERS

Just finished watching the first 3 episodes of Season 3. Working in media has its benefits. You get to be put on mailing lists for different tv stations and plenty of other stuff. I'm on HBO Canada's list and they sent me a 3 episode screener.

So far, so good. I really enjoyed it.

To those who liked Season 1 but were turned off by Season 2 like myself, don't give up on the show. There's no more weird Maryanne storyline dominating the show. There's no more long drawn out orgies going on. I really disliked Season 2. It was just too messed up. I know that's a hard thing to say seeing as how its a show about vampires, but in the world of True Blood, the crap in Season 2 was a bit much.

The first episode of Season 3 is great and kinda sets the tone for what we will see throughout. Werewolves look pretty cool so far but I fear people are going to start comparing Twilight to True Blood and that would just drive me nuts. There's a cool storyline involving Bill early in the season. Look out for a few laughs when he's dining with some uber rich and important vampires. Eric still kicks ass and Jason is being back to his stupid self, which is all good in my books.

So like I said, if you didn't like Season 2 and were going to stop watching, do yourself a favor and tune into the premiere on June 13th, you won't be disappointed. Now I'm just upset that I have to wait more than a month to see a new episode.

Also, if you haven't seen the finale of Season 2 recently and don't really remember, try to find a way to watch it. Be it on DVD(comes out tomorrow) or On Demand. There were a couple things I totally forgot about.

True Blood kicks ass again!!

Last edited by VANFLAMESFAN; 05-25-2010 at 12:27 AM.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VANFLAMESFAN For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2010, 01:02 AM   #215
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Glad to hear that, I really liked season 2 outside of the Maryanne stuff which just went on too long

Sookie, Bill and Eric in Texas was great
Jason with the fellowship was really good as well
Old 06-09-2010, 03:28 PM   #216
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just a reminder True Blood fans, Season 3 gets going this Sunday. And to re-iterate my above post, if you liked Season 1, but didn't like Season 2, don't give up on the show. Season 3 starts off great!
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:34 PM   #217
Traditional_Ale
Franchise Player

Exp:

True Blood is the only mainstream TV show I have liked in about 10 years. Un-freaking-believable.

Actually it pisses me off. I wanted to be the one to make that show...

So far, this is the oldest I've been.
Traditional_Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:48 PM   #218
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm so excited! Werewolves!!
Old 06-09-2010, 03:57 PM   #219
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANFLAMESFAN View Post
The first episode of Season 3 is great and kinda sets the tone for what we will see throughout. Werewolves look pretty cool so far but I fear people are going to start comparing Twilight to True Blood and that would just drive me nuts. There's a cool storyline involving Bill early in the season. Look out for a few laughs when he's dining with some uber rich and important vampires. Eric still kicks ass and Jason is being back to his stupid self, which is all good in my books.
Especially since the book True Blood is based on was written in May 2003 and Twilight was published in 2005. When I first saw the trailer for Twilight I was so pissed because that is exactly how the True Blood author portrays Werewolves.
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:05 PM   #220
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Location: In a land without pants, or war, or want. But mostly we care about the pants.
Exp:

Just watched episode 1 - no spoilers here, just felt like saying although it was certainly better than anything in Season 2, it was still rather blah. As I said before, they need to FOCUS instead of trying to tell 5 different stories at the same time. Maybe some characters need to be killed off...