Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-29-2008, 09:09 AM   #1
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Calling for Tech Support

I just need to rant.

We have a rugged wireless modem which we purchased through Bell. The speeds on it recently became rather slow so I'm calling for tech support. Their phone system is rather ambiguous and I chose the wrong option the first time through. So the person I first talked to was clueless and sent me to another department. That person, also clueless, sent me to yet another department. That person knew what I was talking about, but I was sent to the wrong department, and was transferred again. This time the person also knew what I was talking about but I was transferred to the wrong department... again! This person, while knowing what I am talking about, doesn't know how to work their phone system because I was sent into phone system oblivion. Now I have to hang up and go through the stinking process again, and I still don't have an answer on which number to call or which department to talk to.

Frustrating.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:13 AM   #2
BlackArcher101
Such a pretty girl!

Exp:

Reminds me of calling Dell for support on our server at work. For some reason, upon seeing that I was in Canada, the woman kept transferring me to the spanish line. The worst part is, it seemed she was our allocated rep since I kept getting her whenever I called back. I had to put a wrong case number into the phone so it assigned me someone else who knew not to transfer me to spanish. Who knew getting someone on the phone that could help would take 5 attempts and 45 minutes.