Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2008, 11:23 PM   #1
PowerPlayoffs06
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default Lost Odyssey

Anybody else playing this? I've never liked the turn based RPGs like Final Fantasy, but for some reason I picked this game up and I totally love it. The story is spectacular, the characters are great and I love the way they did the Dreams. At first I was like "What? Why text? Why not a cut scene?" but then realized that cut scenes wouldn't do half as good a job as the tales do. They were a really creative idea.

It's FOUR discs. Totally crazy. I'm not even done the first one yet and Im so hooked.

If you enjoy story driven RPGs and like (or can get past) the turn based system, I highly recommend this game.

Last edited by PowerPlayoffs06; 02-18-2008 at 08:01 AM.
PowerPlayoffs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 11:42 PM   #2
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Yeah probably going to check it out, they say it's not innovative or anything, but if you want a true JRPG on the 360 this is the one to get.

Eternal Sonata is the other one I want to try.

I've hardly even started Mass Effect yet. I may sell it now though since it's coming for the PC and I would prefer that.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:34 PM   #3
RyZ
First Line Centre

Exp:

Great RPG so far. I've got about 5 hrs or so on it so far and am having fun. The 1st 2 bosses are very difficult. Espacially the Worms.
RyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:14 PM   #4
Mr. Ski
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Just picked up both this and Mass Effect on the weekend. Played about 3 hours of each... now to pick which one to play through first...
Old 02-20-2008, 06:22 AM   #5
PowerPlayoffs06
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Jensen makes me laugh so often.

I missed a few of the first dreams so I hope I can go back and get them later.

One thing I'm not liking is that so far, all the debuff and status spells I cast *always* miss. It's like impossible to stick them, but every one that gets cast on my party by an enemy hits. So like, half the rings I have (poison, sleep, paralyze, etc.) are essentially useless because the effect never procs. Hopefully later in the game that'll change, otherwise all these things are just useless filler to make your inventory and spell book look bigger.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:37 PM   #6
RyZ
First Line Centre

Exp:

I just got to the Sorceress' Mansion (about 14-15 hrs in) and so far I'd give it an 8. Looks and sounds great but not near the top of the RPG heap in terms of gameplay.

Anybody know what the Crystal Fragments (I got 19 of them) you found in the Crimson Forrest are for?
RyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:41 PM   #7
PowerPlayoffs06
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

There's an artist guy in a house in the city of Nebara (or whatever, can't remember extactly atm) who asks you to collect 19 Crystal Fragments so he can make a sculpture or something. I only found 17 and then got chased out of town before I could go back to find the other 2, so I'll have to wait until later in the game to find out what the reward is.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:22 PM   #8
theJuice
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Gonna pick this one up as well, I'm a huge J-RPG fan, and also a big fan of the Gooch.
theJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:10 PM   #9
Human Torch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Anyone play Blue Dragon? Any good?...it's made by the same people I think. I'm thinking of picking it up along with Lost Odyssey next week.
Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote