Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2022, 03:08 PM   #361
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
The big final battle of the series and I was utterly bored watching it. Nothing made sense (yes, let's gather all our fighters to the same spot instead of flanking anyone), the droids were supposed to be menacing but couldn't hit ####, and the emo biker gang is the stupidest group to ever grace Star Wars (and that's a high bar to clear in a universe with Ewoks and Gungans). The only good episodes in this series were the ones that didn't have any of the main characters involved, the rest felt like Star Wars presented by The CW

Hope they just let Boba retire, he's a #### character with #### friends (save Mando) on a #### planet. Enough
Yeah....it was outright silly. The battle droids should have been able to blow away whatever people were hiding behind. Fett's army was kind a lame, Vespa kids and the townspeople?

I don't know why they didn't just bring in more sand people to save the day. That one group was wiped out, but surely there must be some kind of interconnected tribal system between groups on the planet. Otherwise, how would they all share the same culture, language, religion, clothes, etc... Sand people were supposed to be the indigenous people of Tatooine, so, theoretically, there are tens of millions of them on the planet.

A better arc may have been that Boba Fett tries to set up his organized crime ring, gets into conflict, but then realizes that the planet really belongs to the sand people and hands the planet over to them and goes back to being a wanderer.

They never really explained what Boba Fett's operation was even. He's not into spice/drugs, slavery, human trafficking, smuggling weapons, etc... what exactly is he doing? Are the townspeople paying him tribute to protect them?
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2022, 03:12 PM   #362
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Yeah....it was outright silly. The battle droids should have been able to blow away whatever people were hiding behind. Fett's army was kind a lame, Vespa kids and the townspeople?

I don't know why they didn't just bring in more sand people to save the day. That one group was wiped out, but surely there must be some kind of interconnected tribal system between groups on the planet. Otherwise, how would they all share the same culture, language, religion, clothes, etc... Sand people were supposed to be the indigenous people of Tatooine, so, theoretically, there are tens of millions of them on the planet.

A better arc may have been that Boba Fett tries to set up his organized crime ring, gets into conflict, but then realizes that the planet really belongs to the sand people and hands the planet over to them and goes back to being a wanderer.

They never really explained what Boba Fett's operation was even. He's not into spice/drugs, slavery, human trafficking, smuggling weapons, etc... what exactly is he doing? Are the townspeople paying him tribute to protect them?
I completely giggled when they all crowded behind the vehicle. What the hell people, spread out, watch your arcs, simple simple stuff.

And don't even get me started on two experienced fighters standing in a kill zone getting shot.

That show was pretty crap to be honest.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2022, 04:42 PM   #363
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
I completely giggled when they all crowded behind the vehicle. What the hell people, spread out, watch your arcs, simple simple stuff.

And don't even get me started on two experienced fighters standing in a kill zone getting shot.

That show was pretty crap to be honest.
That final battle heavily reminded me of the Battle of Winterfell in GoT, which is NOT a comparison any writer or director should want. Just endless stupidity with zero thought given to actual tactics
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 05:14 PM   #364
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Boba is the worst fictional crime lord of all time

Boba: The Pyke Syndicate is coming and we must combine our strength to stop them!

Alien Godfathers: ...nah

Boba: ok, well at the very least please don't interfere when I battle them all by myself

Aliens: ...uh sure

Next Day: instant betrayal

Boba (nervously pulling antenna): I don't get no respect...

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Mando: we have the power of flight and can jump to any separate rooftop for maximum cover and higher ground advantage

Boba: nah mate let's stand still really close together in the middle of the street and go down slowly while shots continuously plink off our armour

Mando: this is the way
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 05:43 PM   #365
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Jack View Post
Boba is the worst fictional crime lord of all time

Boba: The Pyke Syndicate is coming and we must combine our strength to stop them!

Alien Godfathers: ...nah

Boba: ok, well at the very least please don't interfere when I battle them all by myself

Aliens: ...uh sure

Next Day: instant betrayal

Boba (nervously pulling antenna): I don't get no respect...

Mando: we have the power of flight and can jump to any separate rooftop for maximum cover and higher ground advantage

Boba: nah mate let's stand still really close together in the middle of the street and go down slowly while shots continuously plink off our armour

Mando: this is the way
It's the fundamental problem from the beginning. Being a nice guy and being a crime lord don't really jive. Particularly in the Star Wars universe where the crime lords are doing particularly nasty stuff like replacing people's brains with computers so they can turn them into mindless slaves.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 08:21 PM   #366
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Definitely things to nitpick with this show.

I also found it amusing that Boba and Djin used their jet packs effectively for about 10 seconds and then decided to abandon that plan to become easy targets on the ground for reasons I can't comprehend.

I still enjoyed the show though.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 07:18 AM   #367
FormerPresJamesTaylor
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

That was a fun series but the strength was Mando and Baby Yoda, that storyline was by far the most compelling. Baby Yoda might be my favourite Star Wars character of all time, that f'n puppet has some incredible personality, my partner held her mouth and went "awwhh!!" as he slept next to the Rancor and I laughed out loud a she's tapping the glass on the new ship.

Was going to wait to watch this but Disney+ and their recent commercials really spoiled some things, annoying.

CGI Luke is unreal.
FormerPresJamesTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 12:48 PM   #368
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

I only finished episode 4 last night, so i'm flying past all the comments for now - but damn does this show have severe pacing problems
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 12:56 PM   #369
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Mints View Post
I only finished episode 4 last night, so i'm flying past all the comments for now - but damn does this show have severe pacing problems
Good news - you're at the point where it turns into a decent show!
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote