Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2018, 11:37 AM   #2021
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
The smoke doesn’t stick to anything. If you smell it, you’re smelling fresh product. It’s not like cigarette smoke.
Not really true. If you just ripped a doobie doesn’t matter if you were in the widest open space, you’re going wreak. After a while your clothes won’t stink but the joint smell will stick to your hands.
Old 04-20-2018, 12:19 PM   #2022
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Public consultation on cannabis

The City of Airdrie can determine:

• retail locations and operating rules
  • rules around public consumption
  • and land use/zoning bylaws
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 12:21 PM   #2023
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
Not really true. If you just ripped a doobie doesn’t matter if you were in the widest open space, you’re going wreak. After a while your clothes won’t stink but the joint smell will stick to your hands.
That last part is very accurate and a pain. But you could walk 60 paces and your clothes don’t smell anymore. Or use any other method where you aren’t using a joint.

Ps: edibles and smoking aren’t even remotely similar, and shouldn’t be compared. Demanding only that in public is like saying: I’ll allow people to drink in public, but not sipping a beer. You are only allowed to do 5oz shots of grain alcohol.

Last edited by Scroopy Noopers; 04-20-2018 at 12:25 PM.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 01:08 PM   #2024
Tacopuck
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I'm just going to continue to smoke cannabis in Calgary's public spaces. I've never had an issue, cant imagine it changing.

I think the public ban is stupid, although I am all for rental units / multi family dwelling bans if they should so choose as its private property
Old 04-20-2018, 01:52 PM   #2025
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

We can smell our shinny goalie from a block away when he arrives at the Arena.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 02:05 PM   #2026
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

Pro tip: baby wipes.
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 02:20 PM   #2027
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron_fdc View Post
Pro tip: baby wipes.
Is that wall all the kids these days are rolling their joints with?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 02:59 PM   #2028
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Is that wall all the kids these days are rolling their joints with?
lol no, that's what is making fatbergs.

But if they can clean a poopy baby's arse, they can surely clean off the smell of weed. Especially the scented ones.
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 03:29 PM   #2029
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron_fdc View Post
lol no, that's what is making fatbergs.

But if they can clean a poopy baby's arse, they can surely clean off the smell of weed. Especially the scented ones.
For anyone not interested in carrying baby wipes around with them hand sanitizer does the trick as well
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iggy_oi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2018, 09:10 PM   #2030
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks like I'm not the only one who thinks Terry will be in a business for quite a while yet.

Quote:
The red flags ahead of Canada’s marijuana legalization

...Unless the government is operating under the quixotic assumption that minors will simply stop consuming the drug, their access to it will still largely come from the illegal sources that they are presently using to procure it. Sure, the fact that their older brothers and sisters (and perhaps even their parents) may have access to legal pot may mean that some of them will be able to access the drug by raiding family members’ stashes. But by and large, the people most at risk will still be dealing with suppliers operating in the illegal market.

A related concern is the fact that the government has decided to limit the supply of legal marijuana to a small number of big, licensed providers, rather than inviting erstwhile illegal providers into the market subject to rigorous controls. This means that there will still be quite a bit of illegal marijuana out there, and those peddling the illegal product will be more than happy to continue supplying our kids...

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opin...-legalization/
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 09:22 PM   #2031
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think they make a poor assumption that going after Terry is relaunching a disaterous war on drugs. It was always going to take criminal enforcement to remove the Terry's.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 09:53 PM   #2032
Poster
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

If Terry is not only going to sell weed to our kids but also the damaging stuff like Molly, meth and otherwise than I hope with our freed up police resources, we bring the hammer down on him.

Secondly, if you buy your weed from Terry knowing he is feeding meth and drugs to our kids just so you can save a few bucks, shame on you and I hope you also get busted hard.
Poster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 10:41 PM   #2033
Reaper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poster View Post
If Terry is not only going to sell weed to our kids but also the damaging stuff like Molly, meth and otherwise than I hope with our freed up police resources, we bring the hammer down on him.

Secondly, if you buy your weed from Terry knowing he is feeding meth and drugs to our kids just so you can save a few bucks, shame on you and I hope you also get busted hard.
Believe it or not, most weed dealers leave it at that and are not a one stop drug smorgasbord that you think they are.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:52 AM   #2034
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

As we all know the illegal alcohol bootlegging industry has been kept in business for years by minors.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2018, 10:25 AM   #2035
Reaper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
As we all know the illegal alcohol bootlegging industry has been kept in business for years by minors.
There actually is a bit of a moonshine industry operating under the radar in the remote rural prairies. That operates mainly on access and lower prices than above board hooch. I imagine that black market cannabis will still be a thing in those places too.
Old 08-12-2020, 11:54 AM   #2036
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Remember when some were saying that "Terry" would be put out to pasture with the legalization of weed and I along with others said they were out to lunch on that idea?

Quote:
By the end of 2020, the legal cannabis industry is expected to surpass US$15 billion. But the money that weed generates on the illicit market far exceeds that amount.

Tracking exact figures is tricky because anonymous dealers and criminal networks aren’t exactly sharing sales data with the media. But estimates approximate the illicit market is more than four times the size of its legal market.

More specifically, New Frontier Data values the U.S. illicit Per Statistics Canada, less than 30 per cent of Canadian cannabis users acquire their goods exclusively from licensed retailers.
All this after a huge uptick for legal users to to the pandemic turning to their local stores.

It was pure folly to believe behaviour would change in great numbers to pay way more for something that is available for cheaper under the guise of being legitimate.

Obviously there is still room for both sides to make oodles of money, but with what the government started out charging, they just hurt themselves and emboldened the black market.

https://www.thegrowthop.com/cannabis...aign=tgo_promo
Old 08-12-2020, 11:57 AM   #2037
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Remember when some were saying that "Terry" would be put out to pasture with the legalization of weed and I along with others said they were out to lunch on that idea?

All this after a huge uptick for legal users to to the pandemic turning to their local stores.

It was pure folly to believe behaviour would change in great numbers to pay way more for something that is available for cheaper under the guise of being legitimate.

Obviously there is still room for both sides to make oodles of money, but with what the government started out charging, they just hurt themselves and emboldened the black market.

https://www.thegrowthop.com/cannabis...aign=tgo_promo

I would interested to know the breakdown by region. Policies and Cannabis delivery have been far from unilateral. Alberta for example has dozens if not hundreds of more stores than other provinces.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 12:06 PM   #2038
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
I would interested to know the breakdown by region. Policies and Cannabis delivery have been far from unilateral. Alberta for example has dozens if not hundreds of more stores than other provinces.

I suppose that lack of availability of legal weed in some areas could be part of that equation, but not so much as to see the balance that far off?

When I read that article i was stunned. I figured it would be at least 60-70% the other way.
Old 08-12-2020, 12:11 PM   #2039
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
I suppose that lack of availability of legal weed in some areas could be part of that equation, but not so much as to see the balance that far off?

When I read that article i was stunned. I figured it would be at least 60-70% the other way.
These are 2019 summer numbers from stats can but to put it in perspective

Ab has 176 stores
On - 24
Qc - 18
BC- 57
https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/pub/...g.htm#tbl03n_2

Sure price is a sticking point, but the black/gray market will drop your grass off at your door step.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 12:14 PM   #2040
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

The illegal market was never going to disappear overnight. I don't think legislators expected that. It's legal to grow a few plants, so there will always be some people selling on the black market. There is pretty much a "black market" for any good or service. Have you ever had a mechanic do work on your car under the table? Congrats, because you used the "black market".

Tags
better than crack , bureaucracy , duuuuuude , funions , gateway , high drivers