Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2018, 09:58 AM   #81
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

last four or five days have been a bit frustrating to say the least. I guess our teams not finishing their series off means more games, but we need to push a few teams through. well chiefly the Bruins. sitting middle of pack now but I think we realized we weren't loaded up on high end scorers so it was more about the teams going through to the next round than 'winning' round one. 2 or 3 teams already have half of their players eliminated.

our Preds are producing but come on guys
looooob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 10:03 AM   #82
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, we didn't land Marchand or Pastrnak, so Bergeron was really our only top end player, and he missed last game. But playoff pools are never won in the first round. If the Bruins go all the way, we win, IMO. There's no other team with as many Bruins - a couple thought about loading up but backed off after we got Rask.

If the Bruins don't go through, we lose, but that was always the risk. We had to pick a winner. At the moment I still think they along with Pittsburgh, look the strongest. None of the western teams are real favourites at this point. They've all shown some weakness.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 10:06 AM   #83
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

As the series stand now only three of the 14 pool teams are projected to have all 12 players left when the dust settles after the first round.

Teams ahead of us are projected to have 9 7 4 6 9 players left.

Things are pretty much on plan.

Bergeron is back tonight.
Bingo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 10:06 AM   #84
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

PB is a source of worry right now.

But yeah, we still are in solid shape with Boston and Nashville likely moving through.

At this point we're 9 points back.

But the teams ahead of us the short sticks are loaded with Caps, so if that series goes as we predicted we're in good shape with them.

The machine gun lannys are loaded with Pens including Sid who's really the guy that's put them in the lead.

The Hellybuyks are predictably loaded with Jets, and the main shooters for Leafs.

The Luckypuckers are San Jose and Flyers

The Rhettzkys are loaded with Columbus and Vegas

We're looking to get almost our whole team through to the second round, most of the teams above us are going to lose half their rosters

I'm still trusting the process.

Everything is proceeding as planned.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2018, 10:14 AM   #85
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post

But yeah, we still are in solid shape with Boston and Nashville likely moving through.

Brad, is that you?
Old 04-21-2018, 10:16 AM   #86
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Hey man, that's what I was told at the table.

Captain we're not talking that guy on page 300 of the game plan because you like his hair, trust the system, now go get us a coffee while the real Hockey minds do the work here

Old 04-21-2018, 10:34 AM   #87
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Should have picked Scissons like Bingo was pushing for.
Overall though if we have all our guys through to the 2nd round things are going as planned.
Need more production from some guys, but we've had great production from others. Ekholm has been a great pick.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 10:47 AM   #88
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

For our team is was always going to be a marathon not a sprint as if the Bruins play in low scoring games we are not going to do well on a nightly basis but it's a matter of them getting into the finals as if that happens we should be able to reel in any teams that may be ahead of us by then.

I used Bingo's list as a template for the KidSport YYC with a few tweaks and I'm first place there and things are looking good but the Sharks may throw a wrench into things as there's a guy with a small handful of Sharks and if they get through another round it's going to be tough as Ellis, Subban, and Josi have kind of been disappointing in the first round in regards to production. Bingo what team are you? I assume it's a team close since we were using similar template.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 10:50 AM   #89
tkflames
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Brad, is that you?
If CC was BT, that would be the ultimate fan troll in the history. I am going to assume it to be true until proven otherwise.
Old 04-21-2018, 10:55 AM   #90
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post

At this point we're 9 points back.

But the teams ahead of us the short sticks are loaded with Caps, so if that series goes as we predicted we're in good shape with them.

The machine gun lannys are loaded with Pens including Sid who's really the guy that's put them in the lead.

The Hellybuyks are predictably loaded with Jets, and the main shooters for Leafs.

The Luckypuckers are San Jose and Flyers

The Rhettzkys are loaded with Columbus and Vegas

We're looking to get almost our whole team through to the second round, most of the teams above us are going to lose half their rosters

the janhrdinas are interesting...100% tampa and vegas
Old 04-21-2018, 11:29 AM   #91
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Yeah, we didn't land Marchand or Pastrnak, so Bergeron was really our only top end player, and he missed last game. But playoff pools are never won in the first round. If the Bruins go all the way, we win, IMO. There's no other team with as many Bruins - a couple thought about loading up but backed off after we got Rask.

If the Bruins don't go through, we lose, but that was always the risk. We had to pick a winner. At the moment I still think they along with Pittsburgh, look the strongest. None of the western teams are real favourites at this point. They've all shown some weakness.
Unles it’s 2012 and you do a full Philly stack haha. That was a fun year.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 03:59 PM   #92
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

well we push our first two ( not sure Hagelin's status) guys onto round 2, but didn't really reap much benefit from that ridiculous Philly-Pitt scorefest
Old 04-23-2018, 08:41 AM   #93
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Calgarypuck.com just got a mention on Fan 960
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 08:44 AM   #94
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Injuries aside we could easily go into round two with all our players. I'm starting to feel like it's us versus whoever took a bunch of Penguins.
Old 04-23-2018, 08:53 AM   #95
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jake Guentzel is going to make some people money this playoff season in playoff pools across the nation. Just a ridiculous first round showing.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:46 AM   #96
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
Calgarypuck.com just got a mention on Fan 960
What did they say?
Bingo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:51 AM   #97
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
What did they say?
They were basically recapping some of the bizarre picks some teams made, and suggested Glenmore Audi stick to selling Q7s. They went heavy with LA picks haha.

Then they kinda ran down the standings thus far and I think they said something along the lines of "they guys over at Calgarypuck.com are sitting in Xth place and have a good team".

I felt so proud. It was about 8:30-8:40AM today.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:56 AM   #98
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm second guessing our Bergeron pick over Pastranak which is easy to do, but knowing that Bergeron carries more of the defensive responsibilities I can see that being the rationale for picking the scorer first.
However, if we get our entire team through to the 2nd round, which I think will happen, I like where we sit.
It's gonna come down to who comes out of the East: Boston or Pitt (or the Lightning I suppose)
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 12:01 PM   #99
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
They were basically recapping some of the bizarre picks some teams made, and suggested Glenmore Audi stick to selling Q7s. They went heavy with LA picks haha.

Then they kinda ran down the standings thus far and I think they said something along the lines of "they guys over at Calgarypuck.com are sitting in Xth place and have a good team".

I felt so proud. It was about 8:30-8:40AM today.
of course the Kings were on our short list but other team's stupidity saved us from that bullet
The Following User Says Thank You to looooob For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2018, 12:20 PM   #100
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
I'm second guessing our Bergeron pick over Pastranak which is easy to do, but knowing that Bergeron carries more of the defensive responsibilities I can see that being the rationale for picking the scorer first.
However, if we get our entire team through to the 2nd round, which I think will happen, I like where we sit.
It's gonna come down to who comes out of the East: Boston or Pitt (or the Lightning I suppose)
After Marchand was lifted, I really thought that Bergeron was probably going to be the better pick. I think as we go later in the playoffs with Boston a player like him really pays dividends.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: