Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-26-2009, 08:06 AM   #121
megatron
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Haven't gone through the entire thread yet, but that was pretty sloppy game. Missed passed, hardly any sustained pressure and Phoenix was trapping from the start. I guess that's how Phoenix has to play though to win.

Positives for the Flames include Kipper playing great again -- he made the timely saves. Someone other than Iggy scoring -- kudos to Langkow who has strung together a few really good games. Dawes and Moss also looked good on the 2nd line. Johnson and Pardy looked good as well. So much so, I didn't even notice them.

Some negatives, Iggy didn't score (joking), and the PP couldn't get going again. The PK was pretty good even though the let a PP goal though.

Overall, pretty ugly win, but a W is a W.

Go Flames Go!
megatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 08:23 AM   #122
keenan87
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't think losing sarich would be that bad anymore especially when we can pick up a d-man probably for really cheap at the deadline...

Sarich for Whitney.. Get it done today Sutter
keenan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 08:29 AM   #123
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have never seen an exciting Phoenix-Calgary game at the Dome. It was always a doozer... like I mentioned yesterday that is the reason why I turned down my friend's ticket. Phoenix game is BORING! Heck I fell asleep in my couch comfortably watching the game. I did see all 3 goals though (2 by the Flames and 1 by Coyotes) It might have been tough to sleep comfortably at the Dome.

Anyways, it doesn't matter how they win on the game....it's a win and 2 points so I'll take it.
OzSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 08:36 AM   #124
flamesrule_kipper34
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

One thing I did notice and was happy about were the fans. Compared to the last few games (not even taking into account the Hawks blowout), the chants, the support and the intensity level (I mean for a Wed night Phoenix game) it was remarkable. I'm glad that they got back to being the C of Red we're used to seeing.
flamesrule_kipper34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 08:55 AM   #125
Stanley
First Line Centre

Exp:

Ugly game, yes. But I don't look at it as ugly from a Flames standpoint, it was just ugly all around for both teams, with the lack of flow, neutral zone play, pucks bouncing, shots wide, just a weird non-flowing game all in all.

The positive I take out of it is that in such a snooze-fest the Flames came out with the 2pts and at the end of the day that's all that matters. The 2 PK's at the end of the 1st stood out to me. And they didn't panic, just went to work and got the W.
Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 08:58 AM   #126
Gare Bear
Backup Goalie

Exp:

First game I've been to since Montreal at the beginning of the season. I was surprised by all the CFL supporters there who find the need to sport their colours wherever they see fit. Quite a few old Jets jerseys too.

Onto the game: I thought they played decent overall. It certainly wasn't the most exciting game I have ever seen, but the third had a bit more action and the Flames played a good shut down game. Kipper made a couple nice stops and the team played well in front of him.
I think the main thing I noticed is how well Gio played up with Bouw tonight. Sarich was not missed (although I am officially on the 'do not trade Sarich' bandwagon), and surprisingly Pardy + Johnson was not an awful pairing. Phaneuf still never skates hard, that guy drives me nuts. I don't know how many times the opposing player beat him to the puck because he just coasted instead of actually putting some effort into it.
Glad to see Langkow and Dawes each pop one, that second line is still rolling with Bork out, and Moss fits in pretty nice.
Lundmark was bad. He needs to go. Bring up Backlund and give him a chance. I want to see what he can do with the big boys.

Other than that, nice to see a home win! Go Flames Go!
Gare Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:14 AM   #127
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Pretty unexciting game, but once in awhile you're going to come accross a team like Phoenix and you have to be able to be patient enough to get your chances and win a game like this. For a team coming home for a one game home stand it's not always the easiest thing mentally to go through a game like that. I figured Phoenix would come out ready to play a tight game considering what happened to them last game.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:03 PM   #128
0reo
Voluntary Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesrule_kipper34 View Post
One thing I did notice and was happy about were the fans. Compared to the last few games (not even taking into account the Hawks blowout), the chants, the support and the intensity level (I mean for a Wed night Phoenix game) it was remarkable. I'm glad that they got back to being the C of Red we're used to seeing.
I was part of the crowd last night, and I don't know about others but I was pretty drained after seeing the team tamed in the first period. The 2nd and 3rd were nail biters & gave me an uneasy feeling, I'm pretty sure I shared the same feeling with a few others.
0reo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 0reo For This Useful Post:

Tags
canucks suck , coyote ugly , did lombardi play , flames , phoenix