Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-10-2020, 02:08 PM   #1501
Superfraggle
First Line Centre

Exp:

About to subscribe again and check out what has changed in the last while. Anybody still playing this?
Superfraggle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 03:24 PM   #1502
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfraggle View Post
About to subscribe again and check out what has changed in the last while. Anybody still playing this?

Yeah, a lot has really changed depending on when you played it last. Including the Onslaught expansion that takes you to Onderon, it also expands on your ability to sabotage your allies.

The one thing that's really changed is the end game gearing system as they've gone to a common currency, but it does create a bit of a grind because the gear can be expensive.

I like the saboteur feature, I completely screwed over someone that I really shouldn't have screwed over.

One thing to add, they really have upped the graphic quality on the expansion areas.

If you let me know when you last played, I can lay out the expansions that have happened.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2020, 09:44 AM   #1503
Superfraggle
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Yeah, a lot has really changed depending on when you played it last. Including the Onslaught expansion that takes you to Onderon, it also expands on your ability to sabotage your allies.

The one thing that's really changed is the end game gearing system as they've gone to a common currency, but it does create a bit of a grind because the gear can be expensive.

I like the saboteur feature, I completely screwed over someone that I really shouldn't have screwed over.

One thing to add, they really have upped the graphic quality on the expansion areas.

If you let me know when you last played, I can lay out the expansions that have happened.
i picked it up again a couple years ago long enough to play through the Knights of the Eternal Throne storyline before I got bored. I think that was the last expansion before this one. Gonna play a character through from the start again this time.
Old 04-11-2020, 10:01 AM   #1504
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
i picked it up again a couple years ago long enough to play through the Knights of the Eternal Throne storyline before I got bored. I think that was the last expansion before this one. Gonna play a character through from the start again this time.

There have been a ton of mini expansions, and then the one big expansion which is onslaught.

There was the Iokath that lead to the Traitor in your alliance storyline which lead to onslaught. A bunch of new flashspoints and some operations as well.

Old 04-11-2020, 10:46 AM   #1505
Superfraggle
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
There have been a ton of mini expansions, and then the one big expansion which is onslaught.

There was the Iokath that lead to the Traitor in your alliance storyline which lead to onslaught. A bunch of new flashspoints and some operations as well.
Nice! Should be lots to do then.
Old 04-11-2020, 11:36 AM   #1506
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

A ton.

There's still some bugs in the game, but a lot have been cleaned up. Some people are frustrated by the new gearing system and the crafting overhaul but it works for me.

I still like playing mostly solo stuff, one other huge change that might have come into play are that on flashpoints, there's now a story mode that you can play on most which means the content can be done solo, the rewards aren't as huge but it lets you play the content.

In terms for me of ranking the solo stories best to worst

Imperial Agent
Bounty Hunter
Sith Warrior
Smuggler
Jedi Knight
Sith Inq
Republic Soldier
Jedi Counselor

Old 04-11-2020, 11:38 AM   #1507
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Here's a good video, she's a really good SWTOR source

Old 04-12-2020, 10:34 PM   #1508
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Just an add on, I have 9 characters that I've played all the way through to the end, or at least where it is now, except for some gear grinding.

I have 3 characters a soldier, a smuggler, and a Agent. I decided to bring the character up to the end, I noticed that a lot of the missions have gotten harder especially Iokath, and the first two flashpoints of the traitor storyline.

In one they dropped three champion walkers on my one walker and they pretty much kicked my butt quick fast and in a hurry.

Still a fun game for me.

Old 04-13-2020, 07:39 AM   #1509
Superfraggle
First Line Centre

Exp:

I had 5 of the class storylines done previously, so started from the beginning on one of the other ones. Looking forward to getting past the point I already know. They seem to have gotten rid of a lot of the random side quests, which is nice. Got disconnected from the server twice randomly. Hopefully that's not going to be an ongoing thing.
Old 04-13-2020, 10:02 AM   #1510
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

My server has been fine, yeah because of how experience points work now, you don't really need a lot of the side quests, as well if you're armored up you can do the heroics by yourself. Usually I was at level 70 by the end of the main storyline, but they've bumped the exp cap to 74 now. But on some planets if your armored up and over experienced your pretty much a force of nature.

Old 04-17-2020, 07:08 AM   #1511
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Double XP starts on the 21st as well!
Luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 11:32 AM   #1512
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yeah, I'm debating creating another new character.

I've got doubles on the Sith Warrior, Inquisitor, Agent, Soldier, Smuggler.

I might do a Ranged Bounty Hunter.

Old 04-22-2020, 06:54 AM   #1513
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

So after yesterday's patch, Conquest is hilariously easy now. Placing decos in your stronghold, giving gifts to companions, sending your companion to vendor your trash loot all get points now? I wonder how long this will last. I was on for 5 minutes and already got 35K/50K for the weekly objective, and that was without leaving my stronghold.
Old 04-22-2020, 12:11 PM   #1514
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

lol, I noticed that too, mainly I think they did it because people weren't doing conquests and planet takeovers. Also if you do it right it really speeds up end game gearing a lot.

Suddenly yesterday after running characters through the Onderon dailies I was getting two gold boxes, two purple boxes and a bunch of reknown boost boxes.

I don't mind it at all. I want to get all my characters into the gold armor sets with bonuses, and increase their stats.

I was amazed at the difference a 2% increase in mastery and some other poison bonuses made in my agent when I got him golded up.

Old 04-22-2020, 10:12 PM   #1515
Superfraggle
First Line Centre

Exp:

Just finished the main Jedi Knight storyline tonight. Liked it a lot. Really don't like any of the companions except for Kira, although I'm interested in seeing what happens in the rest of Scourge's conversations.
Old 04-22-2020, 10:47 PM   #1516
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Just finished the main Jedi Knight storyline tonight. Liked it a lot. Really don't like any of the companions except for Kira, although I'm interested in seeing what happens in the rest of Scourge's conversations.

The Jedi Knight Story was pretty decent.

Its funny because if you play the Councilor story line and then the Jedi Knight story, all you can think is WTF in terms of how badly the council treats you.

They really had to gank the final battle with the emperor. When I first got the game and got to him, and he split into like 20 versions of himself, it was insta death unless you had found the upgrades for T-7.

The best group of Companions in the game are the Sith Warrior companions and the Sith Agent companions, especially Scorpio.

Who I totally tried to cheat on my wife with to hilarious results.

Old 04-23-2020, 06:54 AM   #1517
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Jedi Knight was the only character I finished on the Republic side, I don't think I'll ever get my "Legendary" title, the other Pub classes seem boring.
Old 04-23-2020, 07:45 AM   #1518
Superfraggle
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
The Jedi Knight Story was pretty decent.

Its funny because if you play the Councilor story line and then the Jedi Knight story, all you can think is WTF in terms of how badly the council treats you.

They really had to gank the final battle with the emperor. When I first got the game and got to him, and he split into like 20 versions of himself, it was insta death unless you had found the upgrades for T-7.

The best group of Companions in the game are the Sith Warrior companions and the Sith Agent companions, especially Scorpio.

Who I totally tried to cheat on my wife with to hilarious results.
OH! I did find those upgrades and was wondering what the point of them was. That makes a lot of sense that it was for T-7 originally. It's too bad that companion gear doesn't matter anymore. Would have been more interesting.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:53 AM   #1519
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luder View Post
Jedi Knight was the only character I finished on the Republic side, I don't think I'll ever get my "Legendary" title, the other Pub classes seem boring.

The Imperial Agent storyline is the best one in the game, and its incredible and the choices you make, can make a huge difference.

The Smuggler storyline is the best of the good guy storylines and some of his lines are hilarious.

The most boring storylines are Jedi Councilor, maybe its because the voice acting is dull, and the Republic Soldier as he pretty much runs around screaming "For the Republic"

Old 04-24-2020, 01:22 AM   #1520
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
OH! I did find those upgrades and was wondering what the point of them was. That makes a lot of sense that it was for T-7 originally. It's too bad that companion gear doesn't matter anymore. Would have been more interesting.

There have been a lot of changes since 2011 when the game came out, but a couple stand out.

I remember prior to release when I was an early invite to testing, you could kill a companions. When I was a Sith Warrior, Quinn betrayed you to Baras and when you caught up to him you could kill him. Of course there was also a bug in that segment that Quinn was walking around in his underwear.

The biggest change is that Companions used to be specialized, unlike today where they can do small damage and heel, or just deal damage. When the game came out you would get a tank companion, a damage dealer or a dedicated healer. On some storylines you wouldn't get a healer companion until the end so you had to be really on the ball with your med pack usage, shields and cool downs and Mastery was split into a lot of different specialties.

With T-7 and the Jedi Knight story, if you didn't get those upgrades the fight with the Emperor was almost impossible, because T-7 who was a healing companion, would literally get slaughtered by the Emperor, and you'd be screwed.

Oh and I finally figured out how that conquest solo works, the one thing that's great is it really accelerates you in terms of getting end game gear. Instead of getting one gold box a week per legacy, I'm getting two plus extra tech fragments to buy new gear. Its a good change.