Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-12-2016, 10:03 AM   #1401
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

FP's can be soloed now on tactical mode, but to meet the DvsL criteria, you have to do them on hardmode, which is still group content. I'm a day one player and have yet to do all of the operations, too much of a hassle and can't commit the time.
Luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 10:09 AM   #1402
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

why I love the smuggler

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 12:30 PM   #1403
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Bump, I haven't been playing this much since work and coaching are taking a lot of my time.

But I finally logged back on and played the bonus chapter involving HK-55 as the main character.

I have to admit, I went in with low hopes of this as a gimmick. But this chapter was spectacular and hilarious and had a lot of twists and turns in it going to spoilers

Spoiler!

Old 10-07-2016, 01:29 PM   #1404
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Trailer for the new expansion set to come out in December (end of November if you have early access)

Details here:

http://dulfy.net/2016/10/07/swtor-kn...xpansion-info/

Last edited by Luder; 10-07-2016 at 01:37 PM.
Old 10-07-2016, 01:42 PM   #1405
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yeah, I feel bad for Senya, but I'm still going to kill her for betraying me.

Then I'm going to chop her daughter into pieces, take the eternal throne and crush the republic.

Old 10-07-2016, 01:46 PM   #1406
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Yeah, I feel bad for Senya, but I'm still going to kill her for betraying me.

Then I'm going to chop her daughter into pieces, take the eternal throne and crush the republic.
I let her go, some Sith I am lol
Old 10-07-2016, 01:59 PM   #1407
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I let her go as my good hearted smuggler. My Imperial Agent tried to kill her.

I do think this is a big decision on whether Arcanne comes back to help us or kill us, against Vaylin.

Old 10-18-2016, 09:25 AM   #1408
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Some big changes coming to the game, I'm not 100% sure, but I think crystals awarded to "gear up" are going away...now kind of an XP system and you get crates with gear at certain levels. The harder the content (Nightmare Ops etc) the more "XP" you get.

http://dulfy.net/2016/10/17/swtor-ga...mand-overview/
Old 10-18-2016, 09:59 AM   #1409
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Its interesting but my experience with the whole random gear/reward thing hasn't been great so far when I played a DVL character.

I don't care much about the PVP content, but I liked the ability to use crystals to gear my character get a look I liked and then augment it.

Old 10-18-2016, 02:17 PM   #1410
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Reading through that, I would assume that you can or will still get crystals that can be used on gear below level 70.

So right now the max gear I think you can get is 220 with crystals. So you'll probably still be able to get to that level with crystals, but once you hit 70, it all becomes about command points, and crystals either will become useless or will be usable to purchase non gear items like decorations, or companion gifts or the boxes for heroic missions.

I like the Dark vs Light idea, though it would piss me off if I'm fighting a elite enemy and a bunch of random generated Sith jumped into the battle and killed me.

Old 10-23-2016, 04:15 PM   #1411
Badgers Nose
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm revisiting this game - starting anew character. I never got far the first time.

What's the most fun character to pick?

I'm playing the free version.
Badgers Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 09:14 PM   #1412
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I've ranked the stories before

In terms of story line

Imperial Agent - Just an amazing story that can end a lot of different ways depending on your choices. Plus the actual play choices between Stealth and Sniper are great
Sith Warrior _ I played this guy as a fairly neutral character. But there's something about striding onto the battlefield and hacking a bunch of people up, and force choke. On top of it I liked the story it showed the true nature of the Sith
Sith Inquisitor - Ok the story isn't stunningly great, but its all about a slaves rise to power. Plus when you shoot lightning you want to yell "Power unlimited power"
Smuggler - The universe's ultimate rogue on a treasure hunt, which is great. Plus his character righting is great
Bounty Hunter - Just a man making his way in the universe. Being a bounty hunter is fun, plus you get the armor and a ton of weapons.
Jedi Knight- Don't get me wrong, its a good story, but it just feels like the Jedi Council treats you like a moron half the time, but this is the central story in the game that links to all others.
Jedi Consulor - I wasn't a fan of this one, mainly because the voice acting was so dry, and everyone treats you like the golden child.
Republic Trooper - This could have been so much better, the story was ok, but if you play light side your a soft soldier, if you play darkside you are literally a murderous psychopath with a license to kill

In terms of fun to play

Imperial Agent - Just so much fun for me as your almost like Jason Borne and there is something gratifying about sneaking up behind someone and sticking a knife in his back
Smuggler - Just great character writing and voice acting. He has hilarious lines throughout the story and is a bit of a a%%
Sith Inqusitor - This one screams for you to let out your inner evil, I played this one completely darkside and this is a story about the Sith Code.
Peace is a lie there is only passion
Through Passion I gain strength
Through Strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through Victory my chains are broken
The force shall free me
Bounty Hunter - Its fun to play the role of scum and villany but there is a nobleness to the character as well
Sith Warrior - When I first started playing the description was that the Sith Warrior was going to be like Vader, the Inquisitor Palpatine. But there's a lot of Palpatine in the Sith Warrior as well as Vader. Its a great character to play
Jedi Knight - I wanted to so play this dark side, but in the end even though clearly I had fallen to the Darkside and slaughtered thousands the Jedi Council decide that it was sorta ok
Republic Soldier - The mechanics are fun, but the character is kind of blah unless you play a completely merciless killing machine where the ends justify the means and orders mean nothings
Jedi Consulor- The voice acting wrecked this for me, it was so fricken dry. I didn't even think much of the fighting options and the main story line was kind of silly.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2016, 12:44 PM   #1413
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've always wanted to get into this game, is it too late for a brand new player to jump right in?

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 04:49 PM   #1414
PowerPlayoffs06
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I picked it up again a couple weeks ago and started a character from scratch.

The leveling has been quick. I'm already 61 and haven't been going hard-at-it by any means. Don't see a lot of other players around though. Even in the old main hubs on the HUD it says there's only a handful of people in the zone and they're usually just standing AFK. Not sure if there's a new main hub or something where everybody hangs out. Or maybe just 99% of people play the Empire and I'm the lonely fool on the Republic side.

Tried queueing up to try some starfighter battles to see what that's like but nothing ever popped.

Strongholds - wtf. Kinda just glanced at that because it gave me a Strongholds quest but looked pretty overwhelming so I left it alone to work on storyline quests.

I don't get the Cartel thing where you have to pay to unlock things for your character, then pay additional amounts to unlock them for your Legacy. Makes me laugh that I have a special pet tauntaun for being a player when the Legacy system went live, but since I used it on a character back then it says I can't use it on any more... You'd think a Legacy pet would be usable by my Legacy but I guess not?
PowerPlayoffs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 02:15 PM   #1415
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPlayoffs06 View Post
I picked it up again a couple weeks ago and started a character from scratch.

The leveling has been quick. I'm already 61 and haven't been going hard-at-it by any means. Don't see a lot of other players around though. Even in the old main hubs on the HUD it says there's only a handful of people in the zone and they're usually just standing AFK. Not sure if there's a new main hub or something where everybody hangs out. Or maybe just 99% of people play the Empire and I'm the lonely fool on the Republic side.

Tried queueing up to try some starfighter battles to see what that's like but nothing ever popped.

Strongholds - wtf. Kinda just glanced at that because it gave me a Strongholds quest but looked pretty overwhelming so I left it alone to work on storyline quests.

I don't get the Cartel thing where you have to pay to unlock things for your character, then pay additional amounts to unlock them for your Legacy. Makes me laugh that I have a special pet tauntaun for being a player when the Legacy system went live, but since I used it on a character back then it says I can't use it on any more... You'd think a Legacy pet would be usable by my Legacy but I guess not?
Some servers have heavy populations and some don't, I expect there will be another consolidation soon, probably after the next major upgrade.

I rarely use the Cartel Market, there are enough ways to gear up with you get to Odessan using daily quests. I usually use my cartel coins to do legacy locks. I found a unstable lightsabre which is a rare drop and I unlocked it for my force characters.

I've never played Starfighter, but I understand its not really being used much. Strongholds, I've got them all and decorated to 100% I kind of enjoyed it, especially my sex palace on Tatooine.

Old 11-30-2016, 09:24 AM   #1416
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

V 5.0 was released yesterday to subscribers and included the Knights of the Eternal Throne Expansion

I just started playing it last night and there are lots of fundamental changes to the game itself. Crystals are gone, so when you want to buy mods it via credits. Armor is given through rewards from the look of it or buying sets on the cartel market.

Crafting has also changed, in order to craft to the higher gear you are forced into PVP or operations.

Speaking of crafting you can now craft to level 600 and your character can now level to 70 which is nice because it makes heroics meaningful.

Once you hit 70 you can get access to a personal command console which allows you to quickly access and teleport to heroics and operations and to other things, it also lets you replay chapters of the previous expansion if you wish. this is a great way to shorten travel time.

As for the expansion itself when they talked about choices mattering at the start of Fallen Empire we saw a little bit of that with the deaths of some characters. But the full weights of your decisions hit you in this one

Spoiler!

The other thing is that they've improved the graphics and facial software int he game and it looks gorgeous and runs a lot faster.

Old 11-30-2016, 09:30 AM   #1417
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm trying to get into this game since ESO turned into a steaming turd with the One Tamriel update. I'm playing with a couple buddies, but considering the only Star Wars movies I've ever seen were the original three, you can imagine I somewhat lack the passion that they have for the franchise, and that makes it hard to get into it at first. And as it turns out, that was also exactly the case with ESO for me, since I had little interest in playing Skyrim when I found out it was single player only.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 12:29 PM   #1418
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Even if your not a star wars buff the story lines are pretty incredible and stand alone by themselves.

The only thing that really upset me last night was my Sith Inquisitor Assassin can no longer use Force Lightning. Part of the reason why I liked playing him so much was that I could fry people from a distance.

Old 01-03-2017, 09:59 AM   #1419
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

So I took some time over the holidays to run two of my 10 characters through the last expansion with is Knights of the Eternal throne.

There are lots of spoilers here so I'll spoiler tag them.

In terms of story line I thought it was amazingly well written, there were basically 9 chapters. Overall it took me about 12 hours of game play to run them through.

Spoiler!

Thats the story. the game play itself was actually a sharp improvement you also got to do things like control a maintenance droid and take command of a walker during the invasions of Voss and the defense of your base.

The engine has undergone some really strong graphical improvements and nowhere was it clearer then on the new worlds. Also the characters faces were sharply improved.

In terms of outside of the story game play the crystals that you used to upgrade your armor and weapons are gone. Everything is done through command boxes that you gain by gathering command points. This means that the game is a bit grindier as you have to participate in flashpoints, heroic missions, Galactic starfighter missions and the new Uprisings. Also it means that the contents of the box can be somewhat random which can be frustrating.

I don't know where this game can go storywise, the main villain the Emperor is clearly dead and you are either the Emperor or the head of a peacekeeping fleet. I guess the next story line will be a war between the Sith and Republic with you as a third faction.

But I really enjoyed it.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:51 AM   #1420
RinkRat
Backup Goalie

Exp:

They killed all interest for me with no new raid content.

I've been playing mmo since the launch of dark age of Camelot so I'm accustomed to the gear treadmill. Unfortunately instead of gearing for "new" content and encounters I have to re-gear for the same encounters I've already cleared dozens of times.

I did notice some shader improvements with 5.0 though, I'm trying to finish off the chapters so I can cancel my sub.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
RinkRat is offline   Reply With Quote