Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2020, 08:27 PM   #1
Scooter
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Default Covid 19 test results

Calgarians whining on news tonight about it taking up to a week to get test results where the NHL privileged players are getting results in 24 hrs. Maybe they should consider the fact that these player results are very costly to the league as they probably are done in private labs which the whiners can't afford or wouldn't pay for anyways! Start wearing masks and you won't worry so much!
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 08:29 PM   #2
AustinL_NHL
First Line Centre

Exp:

Oh kay.
AustinL_NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 08:35 PM   #3
442scotty
First Line Centre

Exp:

Only took me 36 hours for my results a couple of weeks ago (negative)
442scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 10:21 PM   #4
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

2 weeks ago, I was swabbed at 1:00 on Thursday afternoon and got the results around 10:30 Saturday morning. That was for an asymptomatic test (I don't know if people with symptoms are faster, slower, or the same).
Old 07-29-2020, 10:23 PM   #5
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

Well they’re using and paying for a private lab. This same lab is capable of producing the same turn around time for anyone willing to pay.
Old 07-29-2020, 10:25 PM   #6
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

The news should be better than that. Seems like an easy fact check to shut up the people complaining.

People complaining shouldn’t be enough to qualify as news
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 10:49 PM   #7
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

My pregnant wife went for a Dr. appointment and they did a urine test for covid that only took ~30-40 minutes to get results back.
Not sure if that method is as effective or what, but if it is, it seems crazy that is not being used more.
I guess it would be difficult to do large-scale testing like the drive-thru test sites though.
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 10:58 PM   #8
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Drive through urine tests sound messy
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DeluxeMoustache For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2020, 11:32 PM   #9
FBI
Franchise Player

Exp:

I had a drive thru swab about a month ago and got results in 24 hours.
Old 07-30-2020, 01:52 AM   #10
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

Yes and they can also get an MRI the day after a game injury. Money talks.

Sk test results are 24-48 hrs, I had to wait for a call from Sk health, around 48 hrs after. In Germany I got one done and results were online the next day, a much better set up.
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 02:26 AM   #11
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

I got mine in 48 hrs
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 04:14 AM   #12
Ryan Coke
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I did a completely asymptomatic test Friday afternoon, Dr called with results Monday midday. Dr may have had the results even earlier for that matter and I believe if you do have symptoms you are prioritized and get results even faster. Nothing to complain about there.

In most provinces you can’t even get asymptomatic testing. We have a very robust testing program in Alberta.
Ryan Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 05:21 AM   #13
Aarongavey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
Calgarians whining on news tonight about it taking up to a week to get test results where the NHL privileged players are getting results in 24 hrs. Maybe they should consider the fact that these player results are very costly to the league as they probably are done in private labs which the whiners can't afford or wouldn't pay for anyways! Start wearing masks and you won't worry so much!
I guess people are upset that rich peoples health is more important than poorer peoples. I understand that you are upset that some people feel that way. Perhaps a good compromise would be to have all NHL players wearing cloth masks throughout the game so that they would not have to worry so much and maybe test less.
Aarongavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 06:11 AM   #14
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarongavey View Post
I guess people are upset that rich peoples health is more important than poorer peoples. I understand that you are upset that some people feel that way. Perhaps a good compromise would be to have all NHL players wearing cloth masks throughout the game so that they would not have to worry so much and maybe test less.
Old 07-31-2020, 05:51 AM   #15
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Coke View Post
I did a completely asymptomatic test Friday afternoon, Dr called with results Monday midday. Dr may have had the results even earlier for that matter and I believe if you do have symptoms you are prioritized and get results even faster. Nothing to complain about there.

In most provinces you can’t even get asymptomatic testing. We have a very robust testing program in Alberta.
I only know that you can in Ontario as well. So, where both hub cities are. Nothing to complain about.
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 06:22 AM   #16
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

The silly thing about those complaining about this is that the labs in question would not be doing the testing other wise. They were hired to work on this and agreed. It actually helps the public in that none of those being tested are in the que with everyone else. Speeding things up/allowing access for everyone else, even if in just a small dose.

Then again there are those who think that everyone should have to go through the public system only for some reason.
Old 07-31-2020, 07:46 AM   #17
Aarongavey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
The silly thing about those complaining about this is that the labs in question would not be doing the testing other wise. They were hired to work on this and agreed. It actually helps the public in that none of those being tested are in the que with everyone else. Speeding things up/allowing access for everyone else, even if in just a small dose.

Then again there are those who think that everyone should have to go through the public system only for some reason.
You think these tests are going to labs that the Alberta Government refused to use for the last 4 months but now are allowing the NHL to use? Just want to make sure I understand, you think when provinces like Ontario in particular were struggling to get lab results back in less than 10 days they had labs that could process the test results but did not? I strongly suspect there is a one for one displacement ratio between NHL tests and average person tests at these facilities.
Aarongavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 08:21 AM   #18
Geeoff
Franchise Player

Exp:

I suppose this could be problematic if people went to get tested while asymptomatic and died from covid-19 before they got the results
Geeoff is offline   Reply With Quote