Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum

Old 05-20-2020, 09:29 AM   #201
Smartcar
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
Then what happens to games that I have sold on NHL ticket exchange? That's going to be some effort to sort all of that out as well. Probably easier to sort that out once they know for sure what is happening with the season.
You're getting credit for 8 games at full season cost divided by 45 games. Any money owing for unplayed games sold on Ticket Exchange gets deducted from your credit. If you sold all 8 remaining games you will likely owe the Flames money
Smartcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 09:43 AM   #202
Iggy_12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

So any word on when these refunds will be handed out? I dont plan on renewing so I took option 3, full refund
Iggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 09:43 AM   #203
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Yeah, that was meant rhetorically- to answer the previous poster about why they weren't just doing refunds right away. However you are right, it would be unfortunate if somebody had sold most or all of the games, and be losing money.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 01:02 PM   #204
the-rasta-masta
First Line Centre

Exp:

Sad day today. My dad decided not to renew his tickets of 25 years. Unfortunately he's developed some health issues over the last few years and he hasn't been able to enjoy them as much as he used to. Lots of good family memories in those seats over the years. Wish I could afford to jump in and keep them in the family, but unfortunately with a young family of my own now its more difficult to make use of all the games. Fortunate to have had the opportunity to see many big events in Flames history over the years, so I'm grateful to have been so lucky.
the-rasta-masta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 01:30 PM   #205
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-rasta-masta View Post
Sad day today. My dad decided not to renew his tickets of 25 years. Unfortunately he's developed some health issues over the last few years and he hasn't been able to enjoy them as much as he used to. Lots of good family memories in those seats over the years. Wish I could afford to jump in and keep them in the family, but unfortunately with a young family of my own now its more difficult to make use of all the games. Fortunate to have had the opportunity to see many big events in Flames history over the years, so I'm grateful to have been so lucky.
That sucks man, sorry to hear that.
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 01:43 PM   #206
flamesfever
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-rasta-masta View Post
Sorry to hear, but you are not alone. Our family have had season tickets for the same length of time, and we are doing the same thing.

I'm sure in the future, if you decide to renew, you won't have any problem. Although one of the downsides is missing the people who sat next to us.
flamesfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 03:43 PM   #207
Flamenspiel
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
Yeah, that was meant rhetorically- to answer the previous poster about why they weren't just doing refunds right away. However you are right, it would be unfortunate if somebody had sold most or all of the games, and be losing money.
Well I suppose that may qualify as a small business loss of revenue, it probably is covered by one of these Trudeau handouts.
Flamenspiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 05:12 PM   #208
SeanCharles
First Line Centre

Exp:

Anyone who is unable to renew, I will be offering tickets throughout the season(s) whenever things get back to normal.

If anyone is interested they can add me as a friend and PM me if there are any specific games they want or if they are interested in game offers in the future.

Like many of you, my tickets were my dad and grandma’s who originally bought them to save the team from leaving all those years ago and they are now passed down to me and my brother.

We can’t go to all the games so I’m always looking for people to buy some.

We mostly care about making our money back on games we don’t go to so the prices will be fair and near our cost (high demand games might be a little different)..

Anyways just throwing that out there for whenever we are able to attend games again for anyone interested.

GFG!
SeanCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SeanCharles For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2020, 06:11 PM   #209
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

I found it next to impossible to get even close to my cost back when trying to sell tickets the past couple of years so good luck to you Sean
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2020, 06:36 PM   #210
SeanCharles
First Line Centre

Exp:

Hahaha I said try.

I’ve had them for years so I know, as well as you, it’s not possible.

I used to sell 5 game packs to 4 friends and me and my bro would take the other 21.

That dried up so I give a lot away for free or go to more myself.

I try not to let them go to waste, but it happens.
SeanCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 01:45 PM   #211
Iggy_12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

So any update on when we see our refunds?
Old 05-25-2020, 04:52 PM   #212
Sec218
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy_12 View Post
So any update on when we see our refunds?

Two to three weeks according to my Rep.
Sec218 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sec218 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2020, 09:44 AM   #213
Iggy_12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Anyone get an update on their refund if you chose that option? I checked my flames account and it looks like they have adjusted the 19-20 invoice by the difference of the remaining 8 games which shows owing for a balance now, i assume thats the start?
The Following User Says Thank You to Iggy_12 For This Useful Post:
KPJ
Old 06-12-2020, 03:16 PM   #214
MrCallahan
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I noticed that my credit card has been refunded the last 8 games, I imagine everyone else should be seeing theirs now!
MrCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 11:27 PM   #215
burn_baby_burn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Will there be a mass exodus from STH’s in the morning?
Old 08-20-2020, 11:28 PM   #216
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hope you STHs speak with your wallets. It's the only thing that will bring meaningful change to this team.
Winsor_Pilates is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Winsor_Pilates For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2020, 11:29 PM   #217
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

There was a mass exodus well before tonight ...
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 11:44 PM   #218
Reggie28
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
I hope you STHs speak with your wallets. It's the only thing that will bring meaningful change to this team.
I thought we renewed in February and were committed to the 20-21 season (if there is one). Has anyone talked to their rep lately, are they letting people give up their seats for next year?

Considering the economy is in the tank and demand will be low, we may want to drop two seats.
Reggie28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 02:26 AM   #219
united
First Line Centre

Exp:

I, too, hope my fellow season ticket holders speak with their wallets. Unfortunately I am exactly the sucker the Flames - and other NHL teams - love. First or last, bright or bleak future, I'm there cash in hand every season as a complete sucker. Plus a couple grand on food and beverage as I like to get #inone of course.

I know it's a dumb decision, one that ultimatly leads to very expensive disappointment, but I can't help but be pulled in. Now add the fact I'm indifferent on the GM and bearish on the roster and I'm even more of a dumbass.

A big part is I despite watching hockey on TV due to the camera angles they employ. Any angle in which you can't see both bluelines at all times is too close. At closest the centre ice line should always be visible. Instead, we get in-zone close-ups - or worse yet their "creative" other views that are brutal for analyzing player positioning, team tactics, and player body language. Another mandatory function should be a permanent camera focused behind each bench, displayed as picture-in-picture instead of the ticker, so you can routinely check who's on the bench and in-game tactical roster changes, e.g., who's the grocery stick of the period. If a TV network ever offered a production from centre ice, at a 45- to 90-degree angle, with centre ice or both bluelines in view at all times, and with no play-by-play or colour commentary, I would cancel my tickets instantly. Unfortunately for my wallet that will never happen so here I am.

"You ain't gotta like me. You're just mad 'cause I tell it how it is and you tell it how it might be."

Last edited by united; 08-21-2020 at 09:43 AM.
united is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to united For This Useful Post: