Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-21-2019, 02:17 PM   #321
Enoch Root
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: May 2012
Exp:
Default

Talbot was fantastic, which is great to see. I want to see more than one game from him before I start changing the gameplan for the season, but it was certainly encouraging.

At the very least, we have a goalie who can win in ANA - he is worth a roster spot just for that alone. I think his lifetime record there is 7-2-1 or something like that.

And his comment on it was hilarious. He said he heard about the Flames' struggles there and he was like - "what's the problem? I win there all the time"
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2019, 02:21 PM   #322
GioforPM
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Springbank
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
Talbot was fantastic, which is great to see. I want to see more than one game from him before I start changing the gameplan for the season, but it was certainly encouraging.

At the very least, we have a goalie who can win in ANA - he is worth a roster spot just for that alone. I think his lifetime record there is 7-2-1 or something like that.

And his comment on it was hilarious. He said he heard about the Flames' struggles there and he was like - "what's the problem? I win there all the time"
Ummm - I put that in the PGT as a joke. I didn't hear him actually say that.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2019, 02:26 PM   #323
DeluxeMoustache
 
DeluxeMoustache's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Exp:
Default

It’s tribal knowledge now
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeluxeMoustache For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2019, 02:29 PM   #324
Enoch Root
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: May 2012
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gioforpm View Post
ummm - i put that in the pgt as a joke. I didn't hear him actually say that.
doh!

Nonetheless, I choose to believe that he actually said it!
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2019, 02:32 PM   #325
GioforPM
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Springbank
Exp:
Default

I feel bad - I went back and looked at it and I have a ton of likes. I hope they were for my witty humour and not because it was thought I reported a neat comment by Talbot. I was watching the post game interview with him and they mentioned his record and I just thought of a line that would be hilarious if he actually said it.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 02:33 PM   #326
Enoch Root
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: May 2012
Exp:
Default

It's now been 'said', and can't be unsaid
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 02:36 PM   #327
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully
 
Textcritic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: back in Chilliwack
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
I feel bad - I went back and looked at it and I have a ton of likes. I hope they were for my witty humour and not because it was thought I reported a neat comment by Talbot. I was watching the post game interview with him and they mentioned his record and I just thought of a line that would be hilarious if he actually said it.
Nope. I thanked your post because I thought is was something said by Talbot. I am tempted to rescind it now in my disillusionment.
__________________
Dealing with Everything from Dead Sea Scrolls to Red C Trolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2019, 02:39 PM   #328
GioforPM
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Springbank
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
Nope. I thanked your post because I thought is was something said by Talbot. I am tempted to rescind it now in my disillusionment.
I am sorry for bursting your bubble.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 03:36 PM   #329
BloodFetish
First Line Centre
 
BloodFetish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Coquitlam, BC
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
Nope. I thanked your post because I thought is was something said by Talbot. I am tempted to rescind it now in my disillusionment.
Aren't you supposed to be good at spotting fakes?
BloodFetish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BloodFetish For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:17 AM.

Calgary Flames
2019-20




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2016