Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2012, 05:06 PM   #61
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
It could be some kind of atmospheric change that permanently disrupts the flow of electricity. In which case, there'd be no way to turn the power back on.

That being said, I still don't get why the engines are stopping too. The show seems to be suggesting that not just electronics but engines are stopping too.
Which would indicate that some extraterrestrial force is involved, which then means the show will be crap because they'll do everything to keep you thinking but in the end it'll just be stupid aliens.

That or a government conspiracy. Yay.
Azure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:25 AM   #62
Roast Beef
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
It could be some kind of atmospheric change that permanently disrupts the flow of electricity. In which case, there'd be no way to turn the power back on.

That being said, I still don't get why the engines are stopping too. The show seems to be suggesting that not just electronics but engines are stopping too.
What about all the electrical impulses in our bodies? Is there still lightning? The entire concept sounds silly. I'll probably end up watching the first few episodes though.
Roast Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:09 AM   #63
Lt.Spears
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Cant believe the office got Renewed, its an awful show now.
Lt.Spears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:40 PM   #64
To Be Quite Honest
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
ABC announced its fall schedule on Tuesday: http://cdn.media.abc.go.com/m/pdf/sh...2012_print.pdf

Previews of the new shows: http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/new-sho...pfronts_201213

None of the new shows really grab me. Most of the dramas seem pretty soapy, except for Last Resort, which I'm not sure about yet.

I like this summary of Last Resort from tv.com: "it's the only show on ABC geared toward humans with a penis."

By putting Last Man Standing and Malibu Country on Friday nights, it looks like ABC is trying to bring back the TGIF Friday night comedy block, but it appears that they're targeting the parents of the kids who used to watch Full House and Family Matters. Their kids are now grown up and out of the house, and the parents are old and boring and have nothing better to do on a Friday night than watch crappy sitcoms.

Sadly, Malibu Country will probably crush Community in the ratings.
The shows that I watched on the ABC website seem geared to women... Every freaking one of them. I didn't make it to "last resort" however.
To Be Quite Honest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:44 PM   #65
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by To Be Quite Honest View Post
The shows that I watched on the ABC website seem geared to women... Every freaking one of them. I didn't make it to "last resort" however.
Isn't that kind of how ABC has always geared though? At least in recent years. Although I must admit Last Man Standing was okay. Not a big departure from Home Improvement, but still good for a few laughs.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:54 PM   #66
To Be Quite Honest
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunkstyle View Post
Isn't that kind of how ABC has always geared though? At least in recent years. Although I must admit Last Man Standing was okay. Not a big departure from Home Improvement, but still good for a few laughs.
You may be correct! The only show I ever gave the time of day was Modern Family of which was, in fact, recorded for this evening.

ABC's top shows...
To Be Quite Honest is offline   Reply With Quote