Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2022, 07:58 AM   #1341
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
Excellent, thanks. Will definitely watch Rebels then.

rebels is a fantastic show - the first season takes a bit to "grab you", but once it does you'll love it.

what i really enjoyed is you'll notice things/creatures in rebels that show up in other star wars shows. the main ship "the ghost" shows up in the rise of skywalker. there are references to rebels characters in rogue one. more stuff shows up in the mandalorian. i think that kind of stuff is pretty neat.
Old 01-21-2022, 09:34 AM   #1342
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Just finished binge watching The Clone Wars. It was a but of a slog at times, lots of filler episodes and mini story lines that didn't really pull me in, but overall I really enjoyed it, especially the meaty parts that involved some of the more prominent characters. I wish I'd have known before I started watching though, that the order of the episodes was out of sequence for the first few seasons.

I'm really looking forward to the two series coming out now. Ahsoka was a very likable character, and it was neat to watch her go from young Padawan, to a Jedi powerful enough to get the best of Maul and also survive order 66. I actually went back and watched her episode on The Mandolorian after I was finished The Clone Wars.

Speaking of Maul, is there a series that covers the conclusion of the Maul/Obi-wan story arc that I can watch? Or is that what they're going to cover in the upcoming live action mini series?

I think I will give Rebels a go now too.
Clone Wars is one of the best pieces of Star Wars media ever made IMO. I'd agree there were some filler episodes, but the way they told the story in every episode was interesting.

It's funny. I feel like the Clone Wars made the prequels better movies. The sequels just got worse with every new piece of Star Wars that came out.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2022, 10:02 AM   #1343
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc-chris View Post
rebels is a fantastic show - the first season takes a bit to "grab you", but once it does you'll love it.

what i really enjoyed is you'll notice things/creatures in rebels that show up in other star wars shows. the main ship "the ghost" shows up in the rise of skywalker. there are references to rebels characters in rogue one. more stuff shows up in the mandalorian. i think that kind of stuff is pretty neat.

The Ghost was in the battle in Rogue one, and Chopper had a cameo.

Also there was a call for General Syndulla.

I really didn't think I'd like Rebels in the first year, but it hooked me in the last three episodes.

The one amazing thing about Rebels, was they always had this last 2 or 3 minutes of the season that were amazing. Don't watch if you don't want to be spoiled though.

Spoiler!

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 11:27 AM   #1344
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Rebels is generally a strong show. I liked all the characters in the main cast.
Ezra has a bit of a darker side, which I found to be interesting. Like Clone Wars, the filler episodes can be a drag, but the important episodes were great. Rebels had more filler than Clone Wars. I'd say that the final few episodes of Clone Wars were some of the best Star Wars content ever.

Admiral Thrawn was fantastic in Rebels.
It'll be interesting to see if he's in the Ahsoka series.
1qqaaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 10:32 PM   #1345
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I honestly thought that Ezra was going to fall to the dark side in season 3 and turn against his friends out of anger.

Old 01-21-2022, 10:38 PM   #1346
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Mary Elizabeth Winstead has joined the cast of the Ahsoka series: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...ka-1235078843/

No word yet on her role, although some are speculating she could be playing Hera. I wouldn't be surprised to see her in a villain role, possibly working for/with Thrawn.
Old 01-22-2022, 12:34 AM   #1347
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

They in post production on Obi-Wan yet?
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 07:45 PM   #1348
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I've decided to start watching Rebels again. While the first few episodes a fairly child friendly, the episode Rise of the Old Masters is very dark and sad. We get the introduction of the Grand Inquisitor who is actually really awesome. We see that a jedi that we're familiar with in Luminari was executed by the Empire and her corpse used to draw other Jedi to their death.

I forgot how good the scenary and animations were in this series. I remember when it first came out I didn't like it because it was different then the Clone Wars.

I've also gained a lot of appreciation for the Ghost which to me looks like a freighter that can fight, and its thick and bulky and over gunned and makes sense.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2022, 07:58 PM   #1349
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^^ i always read with my son (he's 6) when it's his bedtime and over the last few weeks he's been on a bit of a 'rebels run' with the books we've gone thru and i've been thinking about starting to go thru rebels again (this will be the 4th? time).

i still remember the first time i saw rebels and kanan put his light sabre together for the first time to fight agent kallus - i think i squealed a little! ha!
Old 01-25-2022, 07:59 PM   #1350
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Every time this thread is bumped I'm anticipating the Obi-Wan trailer.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 08:07 PM   #1351
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
^^^ i always read with my son (he's 6) when it's his bedtime and over the last few weeks he's been on a bit of a 'rebels run' with the books we've gone thru and i've been thinking about starting to go thru rebels again (this will be the 4th? time).

i still remember the first time i saw rebels and kanan put his light sabre together for the first time to fight agent kallus - i think i squealed a little! ha!

Yeah, I still had that reaction when Kanan tells Ezra that he's about to let everyone in on his secret, and calmly walks into fire dodging blaster fire and then igniting his lightsaber.

Old 01-26-2022, 01:58 PM   #1352
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

What age did you introduce your kids to SW?

I want the Vader reveal to knock their socks off one day, but it would useless I think if they are too young.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 03:12 PM   #1353
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
What age did you introduce your kids to SW?

I want the Vader reveal to knock their socks off one day, but it would useless I think if they are too young.

i introduced them to star wars early. they've had my old action figures to play with forever. (my thought process was that i was 4 when starwars came out and still remember going to both a theater and drive-in to see it... first movie i remember seeing).

my son really likes star wars lego too! he has a bunch of his own sets and he also enjoys my sets from the late 90s (i think that's when mine are from... the first generation of star wars lego sets that came out after the prequels)

my son is 6 and daughter is 8. they've seen bits of the movies but have never sat down and watched them from beginning to end (usually it's on tv and happens to be on when they come into a room). i think it's still a little too scary for them. both kids enjoyed the early seasons of rebels, but once it started getting a little darker i would watch it without them.
Old 01-26-2022, 09:05 PM   #1354
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

The Vader reveal is such a big moment. That's why I encourage people not to watch the movies in their intended order.

Its always Rogue One, The original trilogy, followed by the first two prequels, then the Clone Wars up episode 7.10, then ROTS followed by Clone Wars 7.11 and 7.12 (The last scene becomes a real gut punch and a half, followed by Rebels and then the Mandalorian. Then ignore the ST.

Old 01-28-2022, 12:12 PM   #1355
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

There.

Finished both The Clone Wars and Rebels.

Nice to fill in all that empty space, and see how things tie together in some ways.

Spoiler!
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 12:35 PM   #1356
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
There.

Nice to fill in all that empty space, and see how things tie together in some ways.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Old 01-28-2022, 12:35 PM   #1357
sleepingmoose
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
There.

Spoiler!
That's the speculation - it's public knowledge that an actress has been cast as Sabine, but no confirmation on the storyline or other roles.
sleepingmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sleepingmoose For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2022, 02:55 PM   #1358
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
The Ghost was in the battle in Rogue one, and Chopper had a cameo.

Also there was a call for General Syndulla.

I really didn't think I'd like Rebels in the first year, but it hooked me in the last three episodes.

The one amazing thing about Rebels, was they always had this last 2 or 3 minutes of the season that were amazing. Don't watch if you don't want to be spoiled though.

Spoiler!

I was hooked right here in episode 1, epic part.

Old 01-30-2022, 05:08 PM   #1359
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Got to the end of the first season. The last 3 episodes where Kanan was a prisoner of Tarkin and the Inquisitor was great. Even the death of the Inquisitor when he let himself fall after saying

"You have no idea of what you've unleashed here, some things are more frightening then death". Then at the end of the Episode we see the arrival of Vader.

I then watched the first 4 episodes of season 2 with the Seige of Lothal, We see a Vader at his height of power and anger. We see Ashoka connecting with him which starts a whole sad chapter. Then the next two episode about bringing in Captain Rex.

Rebel's becomes decidedly adult after Tarkin and Vader arrive and keeps getting darker after that. The brutal execution of the two Imperial officers on Lothal by the Inquisitor even though its not shown is brutal.

Old 01-30-2022, 05:13 PM   #1360
Ashartus
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
I was hooked right here in episode 1, epic part.

I wish they hadn't given that part away in the trailers for the show, it would have been a huge moment if it came unexpected.
Ashartus is offline   Reply With Quote