Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2022, 02:13 PM   #1
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Flames payment issue

Just wondering what you guys think of what the Flames are trying to do, it feels like a rip off to me

I've decided to cancel my flames season tick, and I also bought and paid for wranglers season tickets with the season ticket holder deal, they are now saying because i'm cancelling my season tickets that they have to go back and charge me $15 extra per each wranglers game for the whole season because i'm no longer a flames season ticket holder.

I bought and paid in full for the wranglers at the beginning of the season, as i was a flames season ticket holder at the time of purchase.

So that would mean if someone bought the wranglers season tickets with the STH discount, and 5 years later they cancel their flames season tickets they will have to pay back the difference on 5 years of wranglers tickets?

Is it just me or does this seem wrong? how can they make me pay more for something i already purchased?

Last edited by Flames_Gimp; 12-20-2022 at 04:27 PM.
Flames_Gimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 02:16 PM   #2
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Do you have a contract of some sort you can refer to?
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 02:17 PM   #3
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Do you mean that
- You purchased Flames season tickets for the 2022/2023 season AND also purchased Wrangler tickets for 2022/2023 using that reduced price offered as a season ticket holder
- You are now telling the Flames that you don't intend to renew for the 2023/2024 season
- And they want to now charge you MORE for your 2022/2023 Wrangler tickets?

Just trying to understand the situation.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 02:17 PM   #4
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Someone else will likely have the definitive answer in about 10 seconds, but my guess is the terms will state that you need to maintain the flames ST for the duration of the season in order to qualify for the discount on the Wranglers tickets- for the same parallel season.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Flabbibulin For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2022, 02:22 PM   #5
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
Do you mean that
- You purchased Flames season tickets for the 2022/2023 season AND also purchased Wrangler tickets for 2022/2023 using that reduced price offered as a season ticket holder
- You are now telling the Flames that you don't intend to renew for the 2023/2024 season
- And they want to now charge you MORE for your 2022/2023 Wrangler tickets?

Just trying to understand the situation.
i purchased flames season tickets last season, 2021/22, and I renewed for this season.

Beginning of this season i bought wranglers season tickets at the flames STH deal.

I have asked to cancel my season tickets and refund the remaining flames games that i have already paid for.
Old 12-20-2022, 02:23 PM   #6
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames_Gimp View Post
So that would mean if someone bought the wranglers season tickets with the STH discount, and 5 years later they cancel their flames season tickets they will have to pay back the difference on 5 years of wranglers tickets?
Why on earth would it mean this?
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 02:25 PM   #7
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flabbibulin View Post
Someone else will likely have the definitive answer in about 10 seconds, but my guess is the terms will state that you need to maintain the flames ST for the duration of the season in order to qualify for the discount on the Wranglers tickets- for the same parallel season.
if there is that in the fine print, then i agreed when I purchased and they are right. It just sounds wrong that they can do this
Old 12-20-2022, 02:26 PM   #8
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
i purchased flames season tickets last season, 2021/22, and I renewed for this season.

Beginning of this season i bought wranglers season tickets at the flames STH deal.

I have asked to cancel my season tickets and refund the remaining flames games that i have already paid for.
Ah. Well in that case I understand the Flames position as the discounted Wrangler tickets were a benefit of being a subscriber for the full year.

Doesn't mean I agree with it, but I can also see why they would take that stance.

I didn't know you could cancel seasons tickets mid-stream at all.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2022, 02:27 PM   #9
rohara66
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

Good luck with that.
rohara66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 02:28 PM   #10
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:

If I'm understanding this correctly, you were given a discount on the 22/23 Wranglers season tickets because you had committed to being a 22/23 Flames season ticket holder. With several months left in the season, you are now cancelling your Flames tickets. Now they want to charge you full price for the 22/23 Wranglers tickets because you no longer qualify for the discount they extend to Flames season ticket holders since you are no longer a Flames season ticket owner.

This seems fair. You no longer qualify for the discount. I don't understand the manner in which you believe you aren't being treated fairly.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2022, 02:29 PM   #11
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
Why on earth would it mean this?
you're right, i guess it year by year basis and if you cancel flames tickets only that year than that year of the wranglers you pay the difference
Old 12-20-2022, 02:30 PM   #12
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
if there is that in the fine print, then i agreed when I purchased and they are right. It just sounds wrong that they can do this
I would imagine this is in the fine print. You are asking for a (partial) refund for the item you purchased (Flames tickets). It was the purchase of the Flames tickets that got you a certain price for the Wranglers tickets. So if you cancel that purchase, you don't qualify for the special price anymore.
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Amethyst For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2022, 02:30 PM   #13
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohara66 View Post
Good luck with that.
i asked to cancel and they said they would refund, i actually didn't really ask. I can't go due to medical reasons.
Old 12-20-2022, 02:31 PM   #14
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

I’m pretty sure if you’re breaking your contract of Being a Flames STH, that they can break the contract they are giving you for a discounted price because of your prior contract that you are now breaking of being a STH.
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 02:32 PM   #15
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

thanks guys for the input, consensus is it sounds reasonable, just felt off to me. They probably don't have to refund me so the small fee isn't that bad considering
Old 12-20-2022, 02:32 PM   #16
butterfly
First Line Centre

Exp:

Seems fair to me. Otherwise if someone just wanted Wranglers tickets they could buy the Flames ones and cancel the whole thing before the season even started.
butterfly is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to butterfly For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2022, 02:35 PM   #17
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
If I'm understanding this correctly, you were given a discount on the 22/23 Wranglers season tickets because you had committed to being a 22/23 Flames season ticket holder. With several months left in the season, you are now cancelling your Flames tickets. Now they want to charge you full price for the 22/23 Wranglers tickets because you no longer qualify for the discount they extend to Flames season ticket holders since you are no longer a Flames season ticket owner.

This seems fair. You no longer qualify for the discount. I don't understand the manner in which you believe you aren't being treated fairly.
My opinion is i bought and paid in full, it's a done deal and they can go back and charge more on a product i've already bought.

i doubt the fine print says anything about the deal hingiing on finishing the season as a STH
Old 12-20-2022, 02:37 PM   #18
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I'm somewhat surprised by the flames stance, because I would have thought it's a huge organizational priority to get some butts in the seats for the Wranglers, and they'd write off the lost revenue opportunity for a situation like this.

But I agree, it's very easy to take the prospective that you are the one playing games with the agreement.

I think it's subway that offers the free 6" with a $25 gift card in December?
imagine buying/eating the 6" then asking to return the gift card. it's essentially the same thing. They are just saying we'll take the gift card back if you pay for the 6", seems pretty reasonable.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to #-3 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2022, 02:41 PM   #19
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by #-3 View Post
I'm somewhat surprised by the flames stance, because I would have thought it's a huge organizational priority to get some butts in the seats for the Wranglers, and they'd write off the lost revenue opportunity for a situation like this.

But I agree, it's very easy to take the prospective that you are the one playing games with the agreement.

I think it's subway that offers the free 6" with a $25 gift card in December?
imagine buying/eating the 6" then asking to return the gift card. it's essentially the same thing. They are just saying we'll take the gift card back if you pay for the 6", seems pretty reasonable.
I can see if i bought the wranglers and imediately cancelled my flames ST bought i was a STH for half the season so i think it's reasonable to charge the difference from cancellation date on, but not charge the 1st half of the season that I was still a STH. They want to charge every wranglers game from the start

Last edited by Flames_Gimp; 12-20-2022 at 02:44 PM.
Flames_Gimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 02:43 PM   #20
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Are they wanting to backcharge you as well, like for the Wranglers games you've already attended this season? That would be a little scummy.

If it's just for upcoming games for the rest of the season I don't see a problem.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post: