Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2020, 08:11 AM   #2021
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

https://nbcnews.to/38tf3LC

Jeffrey Epstein confidante Ghislaine Maxwell was arrested by FBI and will face charges that she conspired to sexually abuse underage girls.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 08:56 AM   #2022
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
https://nbcnews.to/38tf3LC

Jeffrey Epstein confidante Ghislaine Maxwell was arrested by FBI and will face charges that she conspired to sexually abuse underage girls.
This is huge. Being Epstein's ex-girlfriend and his alleged pimp, she'll have a ton of information to provide. Let's see if authorities have learned from the Epstein suicide and can manage to keep her alive until her trial. If true, she deserves everything coming to her X 100 and needs to be held accountable.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to activeStick For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 10:12 AM   #2023
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hopefully she takes all the scumbags that participated in Epstein's disgusting behavior down too. Prince Andrew!!!
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 10:14 AM   #2024
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hopefully she doesn't "hang herself" in jail, too...
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 10:16 AM   #2025
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Oh you guys didn’t hear about her heart condition? Unfortunately the stress of the arrest may be too much for her to handle and she’ll pass away peacefully in her sleep. Happens sometimes.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 10:22 AM   #2026
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Oh you guys didn’t hear about her heart condition? Unfortunately the stress of the arrest may be too much for her to handle and she’ll pass away peacefully in her sleep. Happens sometimes.
I've heard of it. Atrial Snapitis. If she doesn't take a strictly regimented group of medications, her neck is broken while she sleeps in her cell.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 10:29 AM   #2027
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
This is huge. Being Epstein's ex-girlfriend and his alleged pimp, she'll have a ton of information to provide. Let's see if authorities have learned from the Epstein suicide and can manage to keep her alive until her trial. If true, she deserves everything coming to her X 100 and needs to be held accountable.
She also seems like a rat, whose only priority in life is to preserve her own standard of living. She does not seem like the kind of person who has genuine friendships, and I can see her providing any and all information the authorities ask for, if it's in her best interests.

I do worry about the timing of this, with regards to the American election. Are we going to finally see the anti-Clinton facts, that will only support Trump's bid at re-election?
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 10:39 AM   #2028
wwkayaker
First Line Centre

Exp:

I don’t follow your logic with the arrest of Maxwell impacting Trump via the Clintons. Why would that matter? Trump may be exposed given his relationship with Epstein and Maxwell which seems like a more likely scenario unless of course she suddenly dies.
wwkayaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 10:43 AM   #2029
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Trump told New York Magazine that he’d known Epstein for 15 years. “Terrific guy,” said Trump. “He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side.”
Yeah guys, the Clintons are the only ones who need to worry about the Epstein case.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 10:45 AM   #2030
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Trump is more worried here given the SDNY situation. I think he had Barr try and fire the USDA because wanted to install a lackey that would drop the case. Didn't work, and now I imagine Maxwell will not be alive much longer, with Trump and Barr trying to put an end to her. For her sake I hope she has evidence just waiting to be released once she dies.
Old 07-02-2020, 10:49 AM   #2031
robbie111
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
Hopefully she doesn't "hang herself" in jail, too...
No she is going to trip and fall on a knife 37 times.

There is no way she is going to testify or live to testify when the names involved are that powerful.
robbie111 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robbie111 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 10:50 AM   #2032
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
I think Trump is more worried here given the SDNY situation. I think he had Barr try and fire the USDA because wanted to install a lackey that would drop the case. Didn't work, and now I imagine Maxwell will not be alive much longer, with Trump and Barr trying to put an end to her. For her sake I hope she has evidence just waiting to be released once she dies.
That seems kinda unlikely, doesn't it? Isn't it more plausible that the lackey is charging her under Barr's direction and they will control the narrative that gets out and protect Trump?

edit: I guess the replacement wasn't a lackey, but Berman's anti-Trump deputy. This all plays out a lot like it does on Billions!

Last edited by nfotiu; 07-02-2020 at 10:56 AM.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 10:56 AM   #2033
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
That seems kinda unlikely, doesn't it? Isn't it more plausible that the lackey is charging her under Barr's direction and they will control the narrative that gets out and protect Trump?
The lackey didn't get put in though, Berman's assistant US Attorney is now the acting one.
Old 07-02-2020, 11:05 AM   #2034
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
She also seems like a rat, whose only priority in life is to preserve her own standard of living. She does not seem like the kind of person who has genuine friendships, and I can see her providing any and all information the authorities ask for, if it's in her best interests.

I do worry about the timing of this, with regards to the American election. Are we going to finally see the anti-Clinton facts, that will only support Trump's bid at re-election?
There's a good chance Trump will be exposed given his relationship with Epstein if she decides to sing.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 12:38 PM   #2035
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Maxwell has had several months to sell her silence to the rich and powerful, I have no doubt she has a few million in various offshore banks and a promise of never having to worry about money again if she just does her relatively comfortable time in a minimum security setting quietly
afc wimbledon is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 01:19 PM   #2036
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

The DoJ said in court that the cameras for entry into the secured facility show no one entered or exited and that the guards were on the Internet while Epstein committed suicide.

So either the DoJ is lying and is willing to doctor security footage to protect someone or Epstein committed suicide.. Or I guess there could be a secret entrance that the DoJ isn't aware of.
Old 07-02-2020, 01:27 PM   #2037
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
The DoJ said in court that the cameras for entry into the secured facility show no one entered or exited and that the guards were on the Internet while Epstein committed suicide.

So either the DoJ is lying and is willing to doctor security footage to protect someone or Epstein committed suicide.. Or I guess there could be a secret entrance that the DoJ isn't aware of.
Sorry pal but the conspiracy thread convinced me to open my third eye and think about the truth. Plus the DoJ and Barr would lie at the drop of a hat.

So not jokingly when she dies under mysterious circumstances what then?
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 01:31 PM   #2038
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post

I mean, I'm not a conspiracy guy, but if there was ever going to be a cover up, this seems like the exact opportunity.
Old 07-02-2020, 01:51 PM   #2039
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Yeah guys, the Clintons are the only ones who need to worry about the Epstein case.
Trump was never on the island. Trump also distanced himself from Epstein earlier than a lot of other people. Not because he's a good guy, but because they butted heads. Specifically the quote you are talking about is from 2002. Trump and Epstein fell out in 2004, after competing for the same piece of real estate. Epstein wasn't arrested, for his first set of crimes, until 2005:

Quote:
When the allegations against Epstein became national news in 2019, Trump distanced himself from the convicted sex offender, saying that he “was not a fan” of the disgraced financier and eventually banned him from Mar-a-Lago.

And it does seem to be true that the two had a falling out in the years following that now-infamous New York Magazine quote. The Washington Post reported that in 2004 the two men each tried to buy the same Palm Beach mansion. Trump eventually won the auction, and later sold the home for more than twice the $41.35 million he spent on it. But the Post reported that the competition over the beachfront property spelled the end of Trump and Epstein’s friendship.
https://www.esquire.com/entertainmen...hip-explained/

Epstein was the kind of guy who rolled in big enough circles, anyone who was rich had interactions with him. Trump posing for a few pictures with him in the 90s, isn't going to be all that damaging.

If Clinton is actually placed on the island engaging in something questionable, it will be very damaging to the Democratic party.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 02:42 PM   #2040
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
So not jokingly when she dies under mysterious circumstances what then?
Then like anything else it would have to be evaluated with the available evidence.

Sometimes that just means we can't know for sure.

If she doesn't die under mysterious circumstances I guess that means the conspiracy was fake all along?
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post: