Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-07-2007, 03:37 PM   #81
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANFLAMESFAN View Post
Punchout is my all time favorite game, the characters, the music, the gameplay, all top notch. Beating Tyson was tough, but do-able.
that game is a classic..tyson isn't that hard..i've finished the game soooooooooooooo many times.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:55 PM   #82
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caged Great View Post
I beat that game the on the first try in 15 minutes. Stupid game. The only game that I had difficulty with growing up was last battle. You die, you're done no matter where you are in the game. No Continues, nothing. It takes about 3 hours to get to the last boss.....
Guess I just sucked at games as a kid. I really thought that game was impossible. Weak.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 07:46 PM   #83
Shnabdabber
Account Disabled at User's Request

Exp:

Double Dragon was awesome. There was a trick (at least for the mastersystem) where you did 10 roundhouse kicks at the start of the last level, and you would get unlimited lives for the level.
Also, the last boss was a hell of a lot easier if you stayed to one side of the screen and beat down all his cronies. He couldnt come out of the door when it wasnt visible.
There was also a glitch where you could walk "on the roof" in two player mode of all the levels. You get the bottom of a corner of a wall, get your other player to the other side of the screen so you are kinda stuck at the corner. Then when you do roundhouse kicks, your player kinda climbs the wall, and you can get to the top and simply walk your way across the top while your partner has to fight hookers with whips and so on and so forth.
Shnabdabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 08:23 PM   #84
DAN0383
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Some on that list I agree with, some I disagree with.
Like someone else said in this thread, beating Tyson wasn't that hard once you had his pattern down, personally I had more trouble beating the Macho Man. The first Ninja Turtles game was a bitch, especially that seaweed level, but it was beatable. I completely agree with Megaman though, I could never beat that damn game, I think the reason they made Megaman 2 so pathetically easy was because of how hard the first one was, in most of the Megaman's you kind of had to go after the bosses in a certain order to beat the game, but in Megaman 2 you could go after them in any order and be fine. One old NES game that gave me tons of trouble was Faxanadu, maybe it was because it was 1990 and I was 7 or something but I found that game infuriatingly hard. Speaking of the Turtles games though, the 2nd one was so much fun, especially in multiplayer.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:52 PM   #85
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shnabdabber View Post
Double Dragon was awesome. There was a trick (at least for the mastersystem) where you did 10 roundhouse kicks at the start of the last level, and you would get unlimited lives for the level.
Also, the last boss was a hell of a lot easier if you stayed to one side of the screen and beat down all his cronies. He couldnt come out of the door when it wasnt visible.
There was also a glitch where you could walk "on the roof" in two player mode of all the levels. You get the bottom of a corner of a wall, get your other player to the other side of the screen so you are kinda stuck at the corner. Then when you do roundhouse kicks, your player kinda climbs the wall, and you can get to the top and simply walk your way across the top while your partner has to fight hookers with whips and so on and so forth.
Sad thing is that as I'm reading this post, I'm going, yeah, yeah, I remember those tricks.

I just had a chuckle about the hookers with whips. Grand Theft Auto got into all kinds of rating trouble because of the whole hooker killing thing. Double Dragon would have been banned once the raters got a load of the main character being able to pick up a bat to bash their heads in.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 10:47 PM   #86
BlackEleven
Redundant Minister of Redundancy

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Sad thing is that as I'm reading this post, I'm going, yeah, yeah, I remember those tricks.

I just had a chuckle about the hookers with whips. Grand Theft Auto got into all kinds of rating trouble because of the whole hooker killing thing. Double Dragon would have been banned once the raters got a load of the main character being able to pick up a bat to bash their heads in.
But in the old days you couldn't really tell for sure if they were hookers or red-headed stepchildren out for revenge on the non-ginger world. So you could get away with anything just blaming it on the bad graphics.
BlackEleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 11:59 PM   #87
CrispyGriz
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackEleven View Post

But in the old days you couldn't really tell for sure if they were hookers or red-headed stepchildren out for revenge on the non-ginger world. So you could get away with anything just blaming it on the bad graphics.
And you know that violence wasn't a problem for kids then, Its a recent development that is only being faced by kids in the new millennium.
CrispyGriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 12:13 AM   #88
Shnabdabber
Account Disabled at User's Request

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
That sweet red trans am parked in the garage at the start of the game could have lured many, many hookers.

Would have helped if you could have drove over those green giant pricks that hurled boulders too.

Last edited by Shnabdabber; 12-08-2007 at 12:15 AM.
Shnabdabber is offline   Reply With Quote