Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2019, 06:07 PM   #2081
Love
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beninho View Post
GOD YOU REALLY ARE THE ABSOLUTE WORST POSTER ON CP.

Please do not derail this thread with your BS, it’s been great talking basketball all year with people who actually care about the raptors and this sport , especially during this magical run. Please take your BS somewhere else.

Also you are wrong, from a neutral perspective the 2015 finals and last year’s finals were much worse. Have you just started watching basketball? If you want to go back even further the Lakers-Magic final was also worse. The Spurs dismantling the Heat in 5 games in 2014 also was not super entertaining.

Your views on this sport are like a 12 year olds who just recently started casually observing. Just be quite and let the adults talk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ew. Holier than thou
Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 06:12 PM   #2082
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Wow, so 9.65mil Americans watched game 4. We might be pretty close to that in Canada, lol.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2019, 06:21 PM   #2083
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default 2018-19 NBA and Raptors thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love View Post
Ew. Holier than thou

I’m honestly surprised you got un-banned. You come on here to troll and do nothing else. Like am I reading your posts correctly? You are blaming Lowry for getting pushed by an entitled A-hole billionaire? Are you that daft?

Last edited by Beninho; 06-08-2019 at 06:25 PM.
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 06:33 PM   #2084
Love
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The 2015 finals and last years were better strictly from a heroics standpoint. Game 1 Lebron had the greatest individuals finals performance oat and averaged 37 on over 50% shooting. The series as a whole was boring though and uncompetitive. This year feels like that also 2015 finals but with worse talent and storylines. Happy for Kawhi but as a whole the series has been pretty one sided and ravished with injuries. It's the finals, I want to see want to see KD vs. Kawhi not Alfonzo Mckinnie vs FVV
Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 06:55 PM   #2085
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default 2018-19 NBA and Raptors thread

Quote:
The 2015 finals and last years were better strictly from a heroics standpoint. Game 1 Lebron had the greatest individuals finals performance oat and averaged 37 on over 50% shooting. The series as a whole was boring though and uncompetitive. This year feels like that also 2015 finals but with worse talent and storylines. Happy for Kawhi but as a whole the series has been pretty one sided and ravished with injuries. It's the finals, I want to see want to see KD vs. Kawhi not Alfonzo Mckinnie vs FVV

Maybe you missed the other preceding series but the raptors defeated a stacked Sixers team and a 60+ win Bucks team and are currently beating the warriors with Steph and Klay in the lineup. Injuries happen pretty much every year. Sorry the finals isn’t living up to your expectations, the warriors destroyed their depth to have KD on their team and they are now paying the price. That’s the risk they took. Raptors have had multiple guys step up big time and it’s been beautiful to see, not to mention Kawhi having a legendary playoff run and possibly ending the warriors dynasty and that makes these finals very interesting.

Last edited by Beninho; 06-08-2019 at 06:58 PM.
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beninho For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2019, 08:38 PM   #2086
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Quote:
This year feels like that also 2015 finals but with worse talent and storylines.
A Canadian team might win the NBA championship for the first time ever isn't a good story line? Everyone across the country is talking about basketball. My extended family doesn't watch or care about basketball, yet last weekend we were sitting together watching the game and they were getting into it.

Yes, the Warriors are banged up, but the Raptors have Kawhi and a very deep team. Just because they're deserving of the lead doesn't mean it's boring.

If what the Raptors have done so far to get to the finals, and they are doing now in the finals with an entire country cheering them on isn't a great story line, then I have no idea what to say.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2019, 08:42 PM   #2087
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Figured it out... $200 for peace of mind.

If the Raptors win, I'm happy because the Raptors won.

If Durant comes back and the Warriors win, and Durant wins MVP, I can console myself with $10,000.

... Seems reasonable.
You bet $200 on a guy with a torn achilles? jesus
Old 06-08-2019, 08:47 PM   #2088
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Oh look at you try to type your way out of the crap you posted earlier.
Old 06-08-2019, 09:11 PM   #2089
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
You bet $200 on a guy with a torn achilles? jesus
You're a conspiracy theorist. He has a partially torn calf muscle. Which isn't to say he will be back, I would say he probably won't. But they haven't been lying and pretending he could be back.

Anyway, $200 bucks stake for a payout of $10,000 seems like a fair bet to me, considering if he comes back and the Warriors do win, I have a hard time imagining anyone else winning MVP (although I hedged with a small additional bet on Steph Curry that would see me do slightly better than break even).
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 09:16 PM   #2090
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Jalen Rose said he watched Durant practice today and he said there’s no way he’s playing this series
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 09:18 PM   #2091
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
Jalen Rose said he watched Durant practice today and he said there’s no way he’s playing this series
That's great news. Durant (even if not fully healthy) was the only way I could see the Warriors winning three straight.
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2019, 09:18 PM   #2092
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was actually yesterday. And at this point I've pretty much concluded that the basketball media is pure sensationalism and no one knows what they're talking about. Again, he's probably right, but I think there's a better than 2% chance he's wrong, so.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 06-08-2019, 09:28 PM   #2093
jayswin

Exp:

Yeah, don't get me wrong if I had the disposable income that's a fun bet to make. And your line of thinking is completely right - If Durant comes back and they win in seven, almost guaranteed it's going to Durant.
Old 06-08-2019, 09:38 PM   #2094
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I don’t think Kevin Durant would play until Game 7 even if he was healthy. Lose in 5 or 6 and it backs up that they need him to win, win in game 7 and he’s the hero and again it backs up they need him to win. This is a win/win for Durant and his fragile ego.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheAlpineOracle For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2019, 11:25 PM   #2095
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You're a conspiracy theorist. He has a partially torn calf muscle. Which isn't to say he will be back, I would say he probably won't. But they haven't been lying and pretending he could be back.

Anyway, $200 bucks stake for a payout of $10,000 seems like a fair bet to me, considering if he comes back and the Warriors do win, I have a hard time imagining anyone else winning MVP (although I hedged with a small additional bet on Steph Curry that would see me do slightly better than break even).
Yeah the Warriors never lie... The Warriors also said that Looney was out for the series with a broken collarbone.... It's a jesus miracle he can put both arms up above his shoulders!
Old 06-08-2019, 11:43 PM   #2096
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Durant really wouldn't have much to do with a Warriors comeback if he returns because there's no way he'll be anything but 75-80% of his best. As long as the non-Kawhi Raps are playing at the level they are the Warriors won't be able to win three in a row. If Durant could somehow be at 95% it's a different discussion, but even from a fitness level he surely can't handle more than 20 minutes right now.
Old 06-09-2019, 12:43 AM   #2097
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

75% of his best is enough to dramatically affect how the game is played. It's essentially a bunch of free non-Klay points while creating a bunch of additional space for Klay and Steph to get shots off. It even gives Green more options.

Obviously it's not like it's a clear win if they get him back. But it definitely makes a difference. Hell, even if he's mostly on the perimeter it makes a difference, because just in that role he's clearly far more effective than Quinn Cook.

Anyway, it's a hedge so I won't feel bad if the unthinkable happens. I still want the Raptors to win and I still think they will.
Old 06-09-2019, 03:12 AM   #2098
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well that's the thing, 75% of his best with a chest or arm injury is potentially dangerous. But if he can't blow by guys, he is essentially just a spot up shooter and while he's still very good at that, he doesn't fundamentally change how the Raps defend the Warriors. If he's fully healthy you have to put Kawhi on him. If he's a spot up shooter, anyone can defend him because you can press him without the fear of a blow by. He can only help for sure, but if the Warriors are coming back it's gonna be a combination of Steph and Klay going off and the Raps receding on offense.
Old 06-09-2019, 07:24 AM   #2099
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

American Nielsen ratings

RANK PROGRAM NETWORK RATING VIEWERS (000)

1..NBA FINALS ON ABC-GM 2......ABC..8.0...13,887
2..NBA FINALS ON ABC-GM 1......ABC..7.9...13,382
3..NBA FINALS ON ABC-G2 POST.ABC..5.8.....9,885

https://www.nielsen.com/us/en/top10s.html
Old 06-09-2019, 07:49 AM   #2100
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Are you hedging an actual bet on the Raptors or hedging your emotional state? I have never understood betting against my own team personally.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote