Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2023, 02:18 PM   #1861
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Can't really see it on video, flash was going off like crazy the high visibility thing didn't seem like a deterrent.

Link
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 02:29 PM   #1862
Madman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamler View Post
Can't really see it on video, flash was going off like crazy the high visibility thing didn't seem like a deterrent.
Weird, before they couldn't wash those things fast enough, now they seem oddly dirty.
Madman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 02:39 PM   #1863
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

They aren't allowed to hide the vehicles in such a way that the decals are obscured by barriers or otherwise not visible to drivers coming upon the radar vehicle. But the regulations say nothing about the vehicle needing to be clean, not that it would be within the spirit of the law to let it get so dirty that the decals are barely visible.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 02:45 PM   #1864
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
They aren't allowed to hide the vehicles in such a way that the decals are obscured by barriers or otherwise not visible to drivers coming upon the radar vehicle. But the regulations say nothing about the vehicle needing to be clean, not that it would be within the spirit of the law to let it get so dirty that the decals are barely visible.
I'm sure that also applies to my plate.
Old 01-05-2023, 03:11 PM   #1865
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Well if you're speeding on Crowfoot/Bow Trail and forget that it's one of the biggest honeypots for the CPS in the entire city, then that's on you
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 01:14 PM   #1866
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Chevy won a tender for some CPS vehicles, keep an eye out for these when they enter service tomorrow

btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2023, 01:21 PM   #1867
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love the Tahoe/Suburban but all that empty space in the rear seems really wasted and useless because I don't believe the cops won't be hauling anything around. It would probably require significant investment but it would be cool if they could redesign/re-engineer this to be a hybrid or plug in hybrid with a huge battery in the cargo area.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 01:28 PM   #1868
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
I love the Tahoe/Suburban but all that empty space in the rear seems really wasted and useless because I don't believe the cops won't be hauling anything around. It would probably require significant investment but it would be cool if they could redesign/re-engineer this to be a hybrid or plug in hybrid with a huge battery in the cargo area.
Yeah, that would be neat. I know they are testing hybrids as well but no idea how that's going

I'm not 100% sure about CPS, although I'm sure they do it as well, but recently we started to carry a lot of aux batteries already just to run lights and equipment separately so we don't have to idle all the time. It works great, once we figured out how to stop them from catching on fire
Old 02-08-2023, 01:31 PM   #1869
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Yeah, that would be neat. I know they are testing hybrids as well but no idea how that's going

I'm not 100% sure about CPS, although I'm sure they do it as well, but recently we started to carry a lot of aux batteries already just to run lights and equipment separately so we don't have to idle all the time. It works great, once we figured out how to stop them from catching on fire
Typical Civic employees...always complaining about something.

Whats a little conflagration amongst friends?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 01:34 PM   #1870
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Well if you're speeding on Crowfoot/Bow Trail and forget that it's one of the biggest honeypots for the CPS in the entire city, then that's on you
I know I'm glad we endured years of construction to expand capacity on that road so we can have a lower speed limit than before they started.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bizaro86 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2023, 02:02 PM   #1871
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Chevy won a tender for some CPS vehicles, keep an eye out for these when they enter service tomorrow
Hm, I thought that Chevy's been supplying Tahoe's for a while, for the K9's. I guess the tender moved them up into the marked patrol units. Neat.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 02:04 PM   #1872
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
Hm, I thought that Chevy's been supplying Tahoe's for a while, for the K9's. I guess the tender moved them up into the marked patrol units. Neat.
Yeah the Tac unit has always used them as well. I'm just curious if it's exclusive or there will still be new Ford's coming as well
Old 02-08-2023, 03:16 PM   #1873
Captain Otto
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah the Tac unit has always used them as well. I'm just curious if it's exclusive or there will still be new Ford's coming as well
TAC has generally used Excursions.

Someone said above that the rear cargo won't be used? Maybe I misread that (it was a bit confusing), but there is so much kit these days from body armour, to C8's, to roadside breathalyzers, lasers (speed), plus regular kit bag with paperwork, etc and another cold weather kit bag. I think I even recall hearing they were using carts to carry all their gear to their cars.

Plus there will be lots of room to pick up old abandoned bikes in alleys that people always feel the need to alert police to.

Apologies if I misunderstood the statement about the cargo space.
Captain Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 03:18 PM   #1874
Madman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
K9 uses Tahoes and TAC has F350s with toppers now.
Madman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 05:17 PM   #1875
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Not Calgary, but still infuriating. Hero mom, trash cops

Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 06:11 PM   #1876
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not Calgary, but Edmonton Police Officer allowed to walk unpunished after kicking an Indigenous man in the head.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1652092726400397312
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 09:05 PM   #1877
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Police attended the home and ordered Dumas — who stands five-foot-six and weighed 90 pounds — to crawl towards them on his belly. Todd carried a carbine rifle and was backed by two additional officers, one carrying an ARWEN baton launcher, as well as a canine unit. Neither Pacey nor Blair had a criminal record.
Article content

An independent eyewitness said one of the officers yelled at Dumas then kicked him in the face “as if you’re kicking … a soccer ball.” Dumas’s unconscious body was then handcuffed, until paramedics repeatedly asked police to remove the restraints and rushed him to hospital.

The officers at the scene said Dumas told them he had a knife and disobeyed orders by reaching for his waistband — a claim Dumas disputes. A search of Dumas’s body revealed no knife, while a blade found during a subsequent search of the area was deemed to have no connection to the incident.

Dumas spent nine days in hospital, during which a piece of skull was removed to relieve pressure on his swelling brain. More than a year passed before surgeons installed a metal plate to close the opening.

Dumas, who lives in Little Red River Cree Nation, said he struggles to work, study and parent his young child. At one point, a tear landed on the portrait of Blair, who died March 23, 2022.

“What Const. Ben Todd did wrecked our family,” Irene Dumas said as she comforted her son.
No words
Old 04-28-2023, 09:09 PM   #1878
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamler View Post
No words
Ass and hole come to mind
iggy_oi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 08:12 PM   #1879
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Obviously, the cop will see no jail time. 30 days for the poor cop is too long.

activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote