Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2020, 08:53 PM   #41
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
There is a free local pick up option
Yes and they throw in a pack of baseball cards at least with the cannons merch on pickup
looooob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 11:04 AM   #42
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

So I picked it up today and showed it to my wife. She says it's the same quality shirt you'd get at an old navy. Better than walmart but not really amazing.

I think it's actually pretty low quality compared to the costo shirts, as an example. It's a cotton polyster mix, and is pretty meh. I def wouldn't pay for shipping on it... and probably wont buy from them again
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 11:11 AM   #43
RedHot25
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yes, I have a cannon's t-shirt and the above description is probably fair. I do like how soft it feels. But its definitely nothing special.

I got one of the Cannon's hats also (all red, with a white C) - pretty impressed with it so far. I'm not a hat connoisseur, but it seems very solid and well-built (?).

Do the pick up option if you can to save on shipping - its down near Killarney pool if I remember correctly.

That said, its expensive, BUT...its a local start up, and as a baseball nerd, it's fun to get a cannons thing or two. It's more about the nostalgia and grabbing an item or two, versus expecting it to last long, etc. It's just something fun basically.
RedHot25 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedHot25 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2020, 11:19 AM   #44
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHot25 View Post
Yes, I have a cannon's t-shirt and the above description is probably fair. I do like how soft it feels. But its definitely nothing special.

I got one of the Cannon's hats also (all red, with a white C) - pretty impressed with it so far. I'm not a hat connoisseur, but it seems very solid and well-built (?).

Do the pick up option if you can to save on shipping - its down near Killarney pool if I remember correctly.

That said, its expensive, BUT...its a local start up, and as a baseball nerd, it's fun to get a cannons thing or two. It's more about the nostalgia and grabbing an item or two, versus expecting it to last long, etc. It's just something fun basically.
We shop local too when we can. We get our kids Mi & Fi in town and some other brand that makes really cute jumpers. But the material they use is much, much better.

These shirts are over priced by about 15 dollars, or, they need to use a better quality shirt that's thicker/more material.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 11:24 AM   #45
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

I bought a couple of their Cannon hats, Cecil shirt and Cecil tanktop. None for me.

The hats seem great. The pack of 90s baseball cards you get with them is a nice touch as well.

The above description of the shirts is accurate. Decent but nothing amazing. They're digital press I think, instead of screen printed, so I can't comment on the longevity of the quality either.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 03:51 PM   #46
Alpha_Q
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Ordered on the 18th, picked them up today. Pick up was in Killarney. They look great and I was all of 20 mins outside before someone asked me where I got the Cecil shirt. Shirt brand is Deluxe by Mao. I tend to wear the same shirt maybe once evert 2-3 weeks, so I assume it will last a while. Better quality than all the other Cecil Hotel shirt makers. Also bought a brown LLoyd's. It's fantastic.

Just my opinion.
Alpha_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 05:29 PM   #47
socalwingfan
Retired

Exp:

My brother sent me a Stampede Wrestling tshirt, and I just got it in the mail today. Not the best quality but a very cool shirt, like Alpha_Q my tshirts rotate through every 3 weeks or so, so i should be good. Always cold water wash and hang to dry should prolong the life for a few years
socalwingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 07:03 PM   #48
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Got a Calgary 88’s SnapBack and a Canons shirt. Love both of them. Play hockey with one of the owners and can say this whole operation is a passion project for them.

Oh and already gotten a compliment on the hat.
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 07:15 PM   #49
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

nm
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote