Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Did you renew your Seasons Tickets?
Yes 101 39.15%
No 28 10.85%
Don't have tickets but want to see the results. 129 50.00%
Voters: 258. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-28-2018, 11:37 AM   #401
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM14 View Post
Except for the fact that many of the high priced seats are available for any game. I don't think the corporate support has returned yet. And it will take a while. When oil crashed, the cancellations were immediate. Oil is up right now but companies will need at lot longer to get into the level of pre-crash spending that was happening.
Oil is up but what is reported on the news usually are benchmark crudes like WTI and Brent. WCS (Western Canada Select) trades at a significant discount and the industry here is influenced by the price they can get for what they produce. It has also improved but is still at a significant discount. A crude comparable to WCS is Maya, also heavy and high sulfur. Mexico gets way better price wise than access to tidewater and not having one major customer, the US, which ties Canada’s hands in terms of pricing.

Simple supply and demand. On the supply side, production capacity is increasing and set to exceed pipeline capacity to take it away. Keystone XL still has states to approve, Enbridge line to Superior was scuttled by a judge in Minnesota, and BC wants to deny TransMountain access to tidewater

So a lot of things have to happen to put spending back where it was, and it is not simply that spending has lagged the rebound of oil prices.
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 12:42 PM   #402
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

New corporate tickets are a higher bar than existing renewals. I think it takes sustained optimism before companies think it makes sense to buy new seats.

It's a risk to go to your boss and suggest that right now, imo.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 12:58 PM   #403
Travis Munroe
Realtor®

Exp:

I still have not renewed and am leaning towards no as the final couple days countdown.
1) I could go to an entire seasons worth of games in equal seats and pay half the price of seasons by going through the secondary market.
2) The perks of being a season ticket holder are not really perks at all. You still end up paying a small fortune for any event and they are full of non-season ticket holders anyway. The 20% off in the fanatic is equal to buying outside of the fanatic and the public forum events are too controlled / pre-rehearsed.
3) Similar to #1 but I often have to back out of going to a game last minute for work. It can be a challenge to give them away for free to a client.
4) Bitter about the arena situation and how inconvenient it can be to visit the dome.

I am still a die hard fan and will attend a lot of games but seasons have become more of a burden than a luxury.

If anyone want's seasons and the upcoming seat relocation for this year, shoot me a message. $6,900, section 215, row 17, 2 tickets.

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Travis Munroe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Travis Munroe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2018, 01:05 PM   #404
theslymonkey
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtor 1 View Post
I still have not renewed and am leaning towards no as the final couple days countdown.
1) I could go to an entire seasons worth of games in equal seats and pay half the price of seasons by going through the secondary market.
2) The perks of being a season ticket holder are not really perks at all. You still end up paying a small fortune for any event and they are full of non-season ticket holders anyway. The 20% off in the fanatic is equal to buying outside of the fanatic and the public forum events are too controlled / pre-rehearsed.
3) Similar to #1 but I often have to back out of going to a game last minute for work. It can be a challenge to give them away for free to a client.
4) Bitter about the arena situation and how inconvenient it can be to visit the dome.

I am still a die hard fan and will attend a lot of games but seasons have become more of a burden than a luxury.

If anyone want's seasons and the upcoming seat relocation for this year, shoot me a message. $6,900, section 215, row 17, 2 tickets.
The problem is that your seats are way over priced due to the fact that one section over is about half the price. If you're wanting tickets that are sellable you need to have center ice whites, lower orange or greens, or row 1-3 blacks. I never seem to have trouble selling my seats, but they are in orange and green so they are quite affordable to most people. Whites are pricey and are hard to sell on short notice.
theslymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theslymonkey For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2018, 02:38 PM   #405
bcneil
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theslymonkey View Post
The problem is that your seats are way over priced due to the fact that one section over is about half the price. If you're wanting tickets that are sellable you need to have center ice whites, lower orange or greens, or row 1-3 blacks. I never seem to have trouble selling my seats, but they are in orange and green so they are quite affordable to most people. Whites are pricey and are hard to sell on short notice.
I agree 215 is just a bad section, if you also do resale.
I have greens and oranges as well, they are easy to sell.
The only tickets I ever had trouble selling were my green pair, to the really bad games. My oranges even sold fine for those type games.

Edit...just noticed your seats. We have almost the same setup.

Last edited by bcneil; 05-28-2018 at 02:41 PM.
bcneil is offline   Reply With Quote