Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2022, 12:23 PM   #2781
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
That is fair for that situation but what about when a dude sends a dick pic to try and make a girl interested. If that is sexual harrassment is a woman sending an unsolicited pic of her breasts not the same or is that different?
I would say it is the same.

Any unwanted & overt sexual advance could be considered harassment. But I am not an expert.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2022, 12:24 PM   #2782
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default High-Profile Sexual Abuse Epidemic

Is that a valid comparison? Chest != genitals.

I don’t think a guy sending a pic of his chest will result in the same reaction as a dick pic.

And who sends dick pics to make somebody interested? Sounds pretty revolting.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 12:28 PM   #2783
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

i dont know a single guy who ever got sent unsolicited boobie pics and experienced any degree of distress about it. Even if its a bad pic, its still a win because how often is that ever going to happen?
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Matata For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2022, 12:43 PM   #2784
ooogabooga
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
This whole story is infuriating: https://www.macleans.ca/longforms/mo...calgary-abuse/ -- A Calgary Junior High School teacher who sexually abused numerous students over multiple years, while the school and ATA seemingly protected him and ignored multiple complaints from students, parents, and other teachers.

When this story finally broke in early 2021, he fled to a vacation home he owned on Vancouver Island and killed himself.

It hits close to home for me because he was my math teacher in grade 9. Although, based on the information that has come out, it appears he didn't start the worst of his behaviour until a couple years after I had left the school.

As the story says, he was the young cool teacher in a school where there weren't a lot of young teachers or male teachers at the time. Based on his age when he died, he was only about 10 years older than me, so he would have been about 24 or 25 when he was my teacher.

He was the fun teacher who would joke around in class, but I never witnessed some of the more WTF stuff that's mentioned in the story. As he got away with stuff, he likely became more brazen, where he was only in his second year teaching when I was in his class.

Reading the story made me sick to my stomach and also seeing his stupid face in the yearbook photos. It's absolutely disgusting that he was able to get away with what he did for as long as he did.
I can't believe how long that went on for, he literally got hired in the year I was born and one of the women in the article I went to High School with. Just insane how he got away with it for so long.
ooogabooga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 12:45 PM   #2785
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
i dont know a single guy who ever got sent unsolicited boobie pics and experienced any degree of distress about it. Even if its a bad pic, its still a win because how often is that ever going to happen?
Yeah, I think women can safely assume they're not harassing anybody with tit pics (absent of sending them to a married dude or something like that). If you don't want them, you can just reply with a "no, thank you" and move on. It should hardly scar you.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 12:55 PM   #2786
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
That is fair for that situation but what about when a dude sends a dick pic to try and make a girl interested. If that is sexual harrassment is a woman sending an unsolicited pic of her breasts not the same or is that different?
Stop sending dick pics...it's not gonna work.

The simple answer is that any of those pics could be sexual harassment. But the dicks are way more likely to be.

I can swing my arms around wildly and there is nothing wrong with it most of the time. But, if your nose happens to enter the path of my arms, then I'm wrong.

If I dump a load of manure on my neighbour's driveway I'm probably just being an #######. But, if I dump a load on my other neighbour's driveway who wants it for their garden, then I'm probably not (but of course we'd have to dig a little deeper into the nuance/context of the situation).

I could send a dick pic to my wife right now and she'd roll her eyes or maybe laugh (probably condescendingly). I could send that same pic to pretty much any other person on earth and it would be sexual harassment nearly every time.

There is no double standard here, it's really not that hard (pun intended?).

Last edited by powderjunkie; 11-16-2022 at 12:58 PM.
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to powderjunkie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2022, 01:11 PM   #2787
Knut

Exp:

It is also a matter of trust. Women will generally only send suggestive photos as a sign of trust with people. They trust you with their private areas. If you are receiving photo's of boobs from someone it is likely they trust you.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 01:13 PM   #2788
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knut View Post
It is also a matter of trust. Women will generally only send suggestive photos as a sign of trust with people. They trust you with their private areas. If you are receiving photo's of boobs from someone it is likely they trust you.
TIL no women trust me.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2022, 01:31 PM   #2789
Cain
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Don't send pics of your intimate areas unsolicited. This goes for both sexes. It isn't very cool.

It also isn't the end of the world, but I don't see the need to really break it down in a more nuanced fashion than my first sentence.
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cain For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2022, 01:34 PM   #2790
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Don't send pics of your intimate areas unsolicited. This goes for both sexes. It isn't very cool.

It also isn't the end of the world, but I don't see the need to really break it down in a more nuanced fashion than my first sentence.
I think powderjunkie nailed it in that context matters, and we gather most of that context from the basic social cues and understanding of the world we gained as children. People know when it is and isn’t ok, they’re just being obtuse about it.

Or overrating the desire women have to see strange dick.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 01:35 PM   #2791
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
TIL no women trust me.
Can you blame them tho?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2023, 11:51 AM   #2792
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ron Jeremy has been declared unfit to stand trial due to severe dementia. Sounds like they couldn't get him in time. He will likely be institutionalized in a state-run facility.

https://people.com/crime/ron-jeremy-...vere-dementia/
Old 01-09-2023, 08:53 PM   #2793
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
Ron Jeremy has been declared unfit to stand trial due to severe dementia. Sounds like they couldn't get him in time. He will likely be institutionalized in a state-run facility.

https://people.com/crime/ron-jeremy-...vere-dementia/
Quote:
the retired adult film star, 69, whose legal name is Ronald Jeremy Hyatt,
Nice
D as in David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 08:56 PM   #2794
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Jesus Christ man, maybe the wrong thread for that.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2023, 12:28 AM   #2795
tkflames
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
This whole story is infuriating: https://www.macleans.ca/longforms/mo...calgary-abuse/ -- A Calgary Junior High School teacher who sexually abused numerous students over multiple years, while the school and ATA seemingly protected him and ignored multiple complaints from students, parents, and other teachers.

When this story finally broke in early 2021, he fled to a vacation home he owned on Vancouver Island and killed himself.

It hits close to home for me because he was my math teacher in grade 9. Although, based on the information that has come out, it appears he didn't start the worst of his behaviour until a couple years after I had left the school.

As the story says, he was the young cool teacher in a school where there weren't a lot of young teachers or male teachers at the time. Based on his age when he died, he was only about 10 years older than me, so he would have been about 24 or 25 when he was my teacher.

He was the fun teacher who would joke around in class, but I never witnessed some of the more WTF stuff that's mentioned in the story. As he got away with stuff, he likely became more brazen, where he was only in his second year teaching when I was in his class.

Reading the story made me sick to my stomach and also seeing his stupid face in the yearbook photos. It's absolutely disgusting that he was able to get away with what he did for as long as he did.
Thank you for sharing that article. Absolutely disgusting and a really tough read at any time but especially with 2 daughters.

Some very serious concerns about the various organizations CBE, ATA and school staff.
Old 01-11-2023, 10:04 PM   #2796
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Andrew Callaghan, Popular Host of ‘All Gas No Brakes’ and ‘Channel 5,’ Accused of Sexual Misconduct

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/...ons-1234658336

Here's a very thorough summary of the allegations: https://www.reddit.com/r/Channel5ive...ns_summarized/

Last edited by DownInFlames; 01-11-2023 at 10:45 PM.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 01:57 PM   #2797
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

https://globalnews.ca/news/9408457/j...sault-charges/

Really not happy to hear about this this. R&M is one of the best shows on TV.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2023, 09:55 PM   #2798
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
https://globalnews.ca/news/9408457/j...sault-charges/

Really not happy to hear about this this. R&M is one of the best shows on TV.
Roiland is not returning for season 7 of Rick and Morty and out as CEO of Squanch Games (founded by Roiland in 2016) who developed and published High On Life.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 02:53 AM   #2799
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

This time it's about as big as it gets in rock music: Rammstein / Till Lindeman.

https://www.nationalworld.com/cultur...demann-4168518

https://english.elpais.com/culture/2...n-germany.html

This is growing more in mainland Europe currently (where the band is also most popular), so I had some trouble finding good English language articles.

In short, Rammstein has a system where good looking women from the front rows of concerts where invited to the afterparty with Lindeman (something which was very well known and has been confirmed from multiple sources despite the band denying even this part), which in itself is... well, old school rock'n'roll life.

No one really cared, until women have been starting to come out reporting blacking out at those after-parties, and waking up either with bruises they can't remember or in some cases mid-sex/abuse with Till Lindemann or his crewmembers.

Quote:
The lead singer of German rock band Rammstein has been accused of sexual assault and drink-spiking - claims that he has denied. The band recently issued a statement responding to the allegations against its lead singer Till Lindemann. It has now been reported that Lindemann has hired lawyers to take legal steps against some of the accusers.

Allegations against Lindemann, 60, first began following an alleged incident that took place at the band’s recent concert in Vilnius, Lithuania. Shelby Lynn, 24, from Ireland, claimed her drink had been spiked by Lindemann - saying she had denied the rock star’s sexual advances whilst at an after party and later wound up at her hotel with bruises she didn’t remember getting.
Rammstein has also responded by firing a female member of their crew who's job it was to collect the women for Lindemann.

For me, this case is pretty open and shut after the prestigious German newspaper Der Spiegel released an article a couple of days ago with multiple women now reporting the same experiences of passing out despite not drinking heavily, along with a lot of other stuff about Lindemanns aggressive behavior towards women who refuse his advances in those after-parties. There are also supporting eyewitness accounts of women who have left the after-parties after getting one glimpse of the after-party which turned out to be a small room with a couple of couches, Till Lindeman, nothing but alcohol to drink and some already drugged-out looking women.

It also turns out this isn't the first time these accusations have gone around, there has been at least one previous news article in Germany on the topic, the story just never went anywhere.

There's also some reports of Lindemann being a full on sex addict, which I haven't found a reputable source for. Additional accusations include Lindemann generally being really sexist and mistreating women who work around Rammstein.

There is of course some similarities here to Marilyn Manson, another rocker with lyrics discussing the darker sides of human sexuality. The main difference of course being that Manson abused his partner(s?), while Lindemann has been systematically abusing his female fans.

Rammstein also has extremely devoted fans, so you can imagine that the fan response has been very mixed, with plenty of people refusing to face the truth about their favorite band.

Rammstein is also right in the middle of a big stadium tour in Europe.

Last edited by Itse; 06-11-2023 at 03:09 AM.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 07:59 AM   #2800
cam_calderon
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I, for one, am shocked.