Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2019, 08:28 PM   #1221
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMPunk View Post
After what I read about Raw while I was at work, I decided to just delete Raw from my PVR for good. They just have no clue what they're doing anymore. I'll stick to reading the results and then watching the videos if anything actually interests me.
I've been doing this for years. I've checked in a few times here and there but I just don't get drawn back in. I don't miss watching each week.

I do miss wrestling, as I've been reading reports and discussions but I can't get back into it.

I'm going to try AEW now and see what happens.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 08:33 PM   #1222
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wrong thread.
Old 10-15-2019, 10:10 PM   #1223
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

I highly recommend NWA Powerrr if you want a good, honest wrestling show that harps back to the NWA of the 80's. The promos, the passion, the studio audience, it's just great.

Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2019, 09:31 PM   #1224
CedarMeter
First Line Centre

Exp:

What did you wrestling fans think of Jericho's match tonight? Kind of weird. He beat a wrestler with both hands behind his back and also needed outside interference to win it. Where is this all going? I'm a little confused.
CedarMeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 09:51 PM   #1225
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarMeter View Post
What did you wrestling fans think of Jericho's match tonight? Kind of weird. He beat a wrestler with both hands behind his back and also needed outside interference to win it. Where is this all going? I'm a little confused.
It was alright and suits what Jericho is doing at the moment. Thought overall the show was a step down from the previous two weeks but still decent. Crowd didn't seem very hot tonight.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2019, 09:52 PM   #1226
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

To me AEW is feeling way to overbooked for its own good.

They're doing too much TNA booking right now.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 10:00 PM   #1227
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post

Some of it has been a bit rushed but I don't think there's been anything nonsensical so far. They're also very clearly going out of their way to protect their younger talent in losses, which is something TNA and WCW never did.

EDIT: I will say the officiating makes zero sense at the moment and is something they'll need to get cleaned up.

Last edited by rubecube; 10-16-2019 at 10:05 PM.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:01 PM   #1228
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

In other news, NJPW purchased Stardom, which could have massive implications for women's wrestling.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/2019/1...mens-wrestling
Old 10-16-2019, 11:27 PM   #1229
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarMeter View Post
Trying to make the kid look like a legit threat. To create heat on Jericho for cheating to win (just like Honky Tonk Man).

I wonder if they went too far too quick for this kid though.
Old 10-16-2019, 11:39 PM   #1230
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
In other news, NJPW purchased Stardom, which could have massive implications for women's wrestling.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/2019/1...mens-wrestling
Bushiroad did. They will be kept separate from NJPW, but will apparently be on the same streaming service.
Old 10-16-2019, 11:48 PM   #1231
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

Also, I thought AEW tonight was the best so far. Some highlights for me:

- Riho is insanely over for having relatively low TV exposure
- Crowd was really hot for Scorpio Sky. The shoe segment really got the crowd going to start things off.
- Best Friends / Santana and Ortiz was OK, nothing spectacular.
- Marko Stunt and Pentagon Jr. had great chemistry. Stunt is a human crash-test dummy.
- Segment on Cody was good for building character. Quite well done.
- The Page/Omega/Moxley/Pac match was off the charts. Just an incredible, PPV-quality match with all the fixin's one would want. Omega and Moxley are going to be stars for the brand, both have that lightning touch with the crowd. Good drama to finish the match too, sets up more possible angles and feuds.
- Jericho made Darby Allin look like a star. Allin is a special talent, just a whiz around the ring and basically an acrobat.

Only thing I didn't like was another Inner Circle mobbing at the end, that's three weeks in a row. But at least Cody and the Bucks didn't come to make the save.

Would have loved to see Luchasaurus tonight, but he apparently injured his hamstring before the match - hence Marko Stunt.
Old 10-17-2019, 11:10 AM   #1232
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post

I'm trying not to overthink it that much. All I know is that I enjoy what I'm watching far more then any of the WWE product. I'm more invested in the characters and stories and we aren't getting the same matches week after week.
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 12:03 PM   #1233
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Watched the PVR of it

I had no idea Britt Baker was a real Dentist. Hot doctors FTW. It’s also hard for me to believe a 90 pound Japanese girl who’s head is bigger than her waist, as women’s champion.

PAC/Moxley vs Page/Omega was insane to watch. Definitely PPV caliber and should’ve ended the show

IMO Jericho looks so slow and his age shows. I hope he can just be a mouthpiece after he drops the title cause it was a little painful for me to watch
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 08:11 PM   #1234
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorch View Post
Watched the PVR of it

I had no idea Britt Baker was a real Dentist. Hot doctors FTW. It’s also hard for me to believe a 90 pound Japanese girl who’s head is bigger than her waist, as women’s champion.

PAC/Moxley vs Page/Omega was insane to watch. Definitely PPV caliber and should’ve ended the show

IMO Jericho looks so slow and his age shows. I hope he can just be a mouthpiece after he drops the title cause it was a little painful for me to watch
Last week my wife was like "why do they call her DMD, I mean she's not a real doctor right?"

I did a Google search to confirm, she was like "then why the hell does she do this foolishness?!" and left the room in a huff.

As for Jericho, I think he's a good first champion. He's a name who can talk. AEW avoids the "putting the belt on their own click" issue. While someone like Omega/Cody might be the best in the company, given that they are part of the Elite, having one of them hold the title to start All ELITE Wrestling, they'd lose credibility.

Same goes for the Young Bucks winning the tag tournament.

You need to make the fans want it as opposed to expect it.

I am enjoying AEW so far, and don't care if I miss WWE, even with the intrigue of the draft.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 01:52 AM   #1235
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post
Last week my wife was like "why do they call her DMD, I mean she's not a real doctor right?"

I did a Google search to confirm, she was like "then why the hell does she do this foolishness?!" and left the room in a huff.

As for Jericho, I think he's a good first champion. He's a name who can talk. AEW avoids the "putting the belt on their own click" issue. While someone like Omega/Cody might be the best in the company, given that they are part of the Elite, having one of them hold the title to start All ELITE Wrestling, they'd lose credibility.

Same goes for the Young Bucks winning the tag tournament.

You need to make the fans want it as opposed to expect it.

I am enjoying AEW so far, and don't care if I miss WWE, even with the intrigue of the draft.
Lol, your wife would also hate Dr. Ken Jeong’s life story too.

one day, Dr. Baker will retire from wrestling and be that celebrity dentist who customers will travel from other counties to visit. Dentistry is like any small business profession where you need to grow a client base and set yourself apart from your competition

Agreed on Jericho. He’s a good starter champ. A place holder for the eventual challenger
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scorch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2019, 01:55 PM   #1236
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

It was 100% correct to put the belt on Jericho. He's a known name, he's one of the best on the mic right now, and he's not getting any younger. Any justification to put the belt on him later diminishes day by day.

Whomever takes the title off of him will likely be one with significant momentum behind them... My guess is Cody, and it'll be a 'passing of the torch' to the new generation of wrestlers (Omega, Moxley, Hangman, PAC) that aren't restricted by WWE booking.

Top notch wrestling, non-scripted promos, and original character development is the way the industry is going. AEW recognizes this. NJPW is already doing this.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 01:59 PM   #1237
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
It was 100% correct to put the belt on Jericho. He's a known name, he's one of the best on the mic right now, and he's not getting any younger. Any justification to put the belt on him later diminishes day by day.

Whomever takes the title off of him will likely be one with significant momentum behind them... My guess is Cody, and it'll be a 'passing of the torch' to the new generation of wrestlers (Omega, Moxley, Hangman, PAC) that aren't restricted by WWE booking.

Top notch wrestling, non-scripted promos, and original character development is the way the industry is going. AEW recognizes this. NJPW is already doing this.
I don't think Cody takes it. I think they do Omega/Jericho III and Kenny takes it off of him.
Old 10-18-2019, 02:09 PM   #1238
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
I don't think Cody takes it. I think they do Omega/Jericho III and Kenny takes it off of him.
Yeah fair enough... I'd say either Cody or Omega are next in line. Likely Omega, upon thinking about it.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 02:25 PM   #1239
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

Jericho is apparently going to be booked for Wrestle Kingdom in January (as is Moxley). Although no agreement exists between NJPW and AEW, I would love to see the AEW Championship change hands, particularly on Day 2. That said, it sounds like he might be fighting Tanahashi. In any event, I think Jericho holds on to it until next year.
Old 10-18-2019, 06:53 PM   #1240
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sounds like Luchasaurus is out for a while with a torn hamstring. That's an absolute shame just as they were getting over.