Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-12-2012, 08:23 AM   #41
kirant
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
Against pugs? You'd roll them bad.
Random matchups can be beat with a team of 5 tanky DPS characters (which sucks for me, since I rarely play tanky or DPS )
Old 04-12-2012, 10:04 AM   #42
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

I can see why now after playing Shen he may be considered OP, he is just a supertank mid game and is able to protect the carry really well. As well, his anywhere on the map shield is pretty cool too.

Not sure he warrants all the bans he gets - but I haven't seen any super skill players use him yet.

Now I did almost have my first case of LOL rage last night - I ended up soloing mid on Ahri and doing well vs Twisted Fate, got a few kills early game vs him and denied lots of gold. Everything was going well, the other team had one player rage quit...

Then the wheels came off - our team lost every single team fight. It was even a 4 man premade that was on my team (they all had the same guild name, MYTH). These guys were so terrible at team fights, rushing head on into their base and getting tower / champ / creep agro before I was even able to get spells off. It was like being in a car wreck you can see coming for 10 mins.

On top of it, one guy got upset with me for not using Ahri's charm (was hard when you run into their base and you are fighting in the middle of creeps).

Almost raged. Had to take a drive and cool down after that one.

Take the 5 mins if you see anyone with 'MYTH' tags.
CaramonLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:34 PM   #43
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaramonLS View Post
I can see why now after playing Shen he may be considered OP, he is just a supertank mid game and is able to protect the carry really well. As well, his anywhere on the map shield is pretty cool too.

Not sure he warrants all the bans he gets - but I haven't seen any super skill players use him yet.

Now I did almost have my first case of LOL rage last night - I ended up soloing mid on Ahri and doing well vs Twisted Fate, got a few kills early game vs him and denied lots of gold. Everything was going well, the other team had one player rage quit...

Then the wheels came off - our team lost every single team fight. It was even a 4 man premade that was on my team (they all had the same guild name, MYTH). These guys were so terrible at team fights, rushing head on into their base and getting tower / champ / creep agro before I was even able to get spells off. It was like being in a car wreck you can see coming for 10 mins.

On top of it, one guy got upset with me for not using Ahri's charm (was hard when you run into their base and you are fighting in the middle of creeps).

Unfortunately, that's just how it goes sometimes. I lost a game last night because this Yorick had mad tunnel vision. He'd be chasing 3 or 4 guys across the map instead of helping kill the ones near us. Always running off on his own getting killed and leaving us screwed for team fights. Oh well.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:32 PM   #44
kirant
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
If I see him, I'm using tank build Easter Bunny Teemo. Best counter-griefing ever (It's amazingly effective. People apparently hate getting killed by a bouncing hamster-rabbit which drops exploding eggs).
Old 04-13-2012, 07:17 AM   #45
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirant View Post
If I see him, I'm using tank build Easter Bunny Teemo. Best counter-griefing ever (It's amazingly effective. People apparently hate getting killed by a bouncing hamster-rabbit which drops exploding eggs).
^^ Nope, people just hate getting killed by Teemo in general lol. If I end up on one of these guy's team I am going jungle Annie lol.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:44 AM   #46
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

I can see why people hate Veigar too. His AoE ring stun is pretty crazy at crowd control in team fights and has a really small cooldown. He can also burst you down extremely quickly if you get caught.

Haven't played him yet, but played with a couple decent people using him. Worked well.

Been messing around with TankPlank builds the last couple games. Those are fun.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:12 AM   #47
kirant
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I can see why people hate Veigar too. His AoE ring stun is pretty crazy at crowd control in team fights and has a really small cooldown. He can also burst you down extremely quickly if you get caught.

Haven't played him yet, but played with a couple decent people using him. Worked well.
Viegar is also hidiously fragile and has no escape mechanisms. That range is good, but not great, so he's pretty easy to chew up and force him to back up because of the line of fire and the fact that if he stops moving, he's dead. Ranged DPS carries have a good time against him.

The best way to take care of Veigar is to just not let him farm. Shutting down his ability to grow lots of AP is pretty important and any mage with longer range or ranged DPS should be able to push him around a lot since you have to play him really conservatively. If he's in a lane, he'll probably be mid and, if you're playing blind, you'll probably have a ranged DPS with you...send them mid. If you're playing draft, you can counter pick him.

If he's a jungler, he'll be slow at it and you can probably concern yourself with getting an early game advantage as he won't be a factor until late.

What I will say though is that as a skill shot player, few will notice when you're actually dropping your meteor. The screen will be full of too many other things to notice. Throwing that in the middle of a fight is easy and can do massive damage if you build Veigar traditionally. If that becomes an issue, make chaos yourself by dropping the Event Horizon somewhere and force them to focus on that first.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:27 AM   #48
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Viegar is also hidiously fragile and has no escape mechanisms. That range is good, but not great, so he's pretty easy to chew up and force him to back up because of the line of fire and the fact that if he stops moving, he's dead. Ranged DPS carries have a good time against him.

The best way to take care of Veigar is to just not let him farm. Shutting down his ability to grow lots of AP is pretty important and any mage with longer range or ranged DPS should be able to push him around a lot since you have to play him really conservatively. If he's in a lane, he'll probably be mid and, if you're playing blind, you'll probably have a ranged DPS with you...send them mid. If you're playing draft, you can counter pick him.

If he's a jungler, he'll be slow at it and you can probably concern yourself with getting an early game advantage as he won't be a factor until late.

What I will say though is that as a skill shot player, few will notice when you're actually dropping your meteor. The screen will be full of too many other things to notice. Throwing that in the middle of a fight is easy and can do massive damage if you build Veigar traditionally. If that becomes an issue, make chaos yourself by dropping the Event Horizon somewhere and force them to focus on that first.
Ya he's pretty slow and squishy. I enjoy going mid against him as Gangplank/Graves. GP is great because his oranges will get him out of that stun and Graves can dash through his ring. Kassadin is also fun with his silences and teleports.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:46 AM   #49
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

I'd imagine kassadin or talon would be solid counter picks. Talon is friggen brutal to deal with mid if you're on a caster.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:31 AM   #50
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

Also, Ryze is a freaking beast.

Q -> R -> W -> E -> Q

Runic Prison is a deadly, deadly gank spell.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:03 PM   #51
kirant
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Also, Ryze is a freaking beast.

Q -> R -> W -> E -> Q

Runic Prison is a deadly, deadly gank spell.
Ryze is great if you can button mash and if you can survive his non-existent early game.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:12 PM   #52
SHOGUN
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Now I can how people call this League of Ragers... lol so many players on normal either Leave, AFK, or troll. At least one of the three every three games.
SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:10 PM   #53
kirant
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOGUN View Post
Now I can how people call this League of Ragers... lol so many players on normal either Leave, AFK, or troll. At least one of the three every three games.
When lucky.

If you ever play Lv 30 ranked, that increases to close to every game. People seem very picky about their ranking, even if they aren't any good

The best still (IMO) are the ragers in Vs AI games.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:13 PM   #54
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

All the advice you guys give, means you are 500 games or less crew.

IM SO AMAZING, AND NOT LIKE YOU NOOBS!
Old 04-14-2012, 06:23 PM   #55
SHOGUN
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post

We get you`re a virgin....

Last edited by SHOGUN; 04-14-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:11 PM   #56
SHOGUN
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Nothing feels better than losing a Co-op Beginner bot game...
Old 04-14-2012, 07:16 PM   #57
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOGUN View Post
We get you`re a virgin....
lol how old are you?
Old 04-14-2012, 07:34 PM   #58
kirant
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post

No way! We're losing because of you. Noob.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:40 PM   #59
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Ryze is great if you can button mash and if you can survive his non-existent early game.
I hear you on that. His early game is pretty survivable - but you're not going to be ganking at level 2 and if you're in mid, you're up to level 6 pretty early. You do have to play defensively and you suck at clearing mobs early if you get pushed.

I do find that I have to take some turret damage early in the game to avoid feeding. Depending on who you're fighting, I find you can be a lane bully to get them to play a little more passive. Versus people like Morgana, Kennen - you have to stick behind mobs to avoid their skillshots and play an aggressive poke game.

If you rush your tear, as soon as you get that and start gaining your bonus mana, you're golden. He is a beast at mid / early endgame team fights (cheap to build to full compared to a lot of tanks).
Old 04-15-2012, 01:28 AM   #60
themedicineman
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:

Shen is a split pushing god, with his ult he can just sit in a lane and push it all day and as soon as a team fight breaks out he's there right away. Usually the other team has to commit someone to stop his push so there's an easy 4v5. Also he's amazingly difficult to kill and can escape most ganks. Was played a few times at IPL4 and even there he was a semi-consistent ban.
themedicineman is offline   Reply With Quote