Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 10:13 AM   #5661
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
What they need to do is sell Edmonton Oiler brand adult diapers and Edmonton Oiler brand Frabreeze with the scent of Connor to solve the problem
Why the Febreeze?
Old 05-03-2017, 10:15 AM   #5662
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

So when 18,000 people in the arena fill their diapers they don't gas themselves to death.

Plus the Oilers can make money off of selling Connor Brand Booty Sweat scented VIPOO

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 05-03-2017, 10:18 AM   #5663
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowlord View Post
I'm sure all those fans who were sold mezzanine-access only ticket with no seats are adding to the problem. Talk about obviously poor planning by the Oilers organization to sell the tickets... It's not like the bathroom problems were unknown during the regular season.

Sent from my LG-V522 using Tapatalk
And further, every minute people are not in their seats buying from Beer Guys or concession workers or on the concourse you arent making money, so bathrooms is throughput time.

You have to get them in and out and back to buying stuff.

Because being at a hockey game, as I said earlier is about ~3-5 hours, that is the only time you have to make money, all the rest of the hours are an expense.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 05-03-2017, 10:27 AM   #5664
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
So when 18,000 people in the arena fill their diapers they don't gas themselves to death.

Plus the Oilers can make money off of selling Connor Brand Booty Sweat scented VIPOO
I mostly just assumed nobody in Edmonton would notice the smell of 18,000 adults filling their diapers in an enclosed space.

Great marketing idea though. You could probably just fill the bottles of Connor branded Febreeze with tap water and sell them for $30, nobody would notice.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2017, 10:32 AM   #5665
Ace
First Line Centre

Exp:

It's a pretty simple (temporary) solution. You just order like 100 porta-potties, plop them outside and expand the concourse to this area with ropes and guards.

The Flames have done this, works fine for temporary demand surges.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:35 AM   #5666
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
It's a pretty simple (temporary) solution. You just order like 100 porta-potties, plop them outside and expand the concourse to this area with ropes and guards.

Yes...but....

The Flames are doing this to accommodate a ~34 year old building. Its a band-aid to bridge a gap.

The Oilers' building is BRAND NEW. Not even 1 year old.

You shouldnt have to help it out with porta-potties outside. If you do then that tends to mean that you screwed up at least a half-dozen times from concept to inception.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2017, 10:36 AM   #5667
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I think they tried this, but he general instinct for Edmontonians when out doors is to piss on the nearest wall.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:12 AM   #5668
Magnum PEI
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

IIRC there was supposed to be more bathrooms but the project got scaled back. Katz asked for more money but the government refused and so bathrooms were one of the things they cut back on.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:22 AM   #5669
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Memo to all stadium architects: When you think you have enough bathrooms, double that number.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:36 AM   #5670
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
What they need to do is sell Edmonton Oiler brand adult diapers and Edmonton Oiler brand Frabreeze with the scent of Connor to solve the problem
Then you'd get full diapers thrown on the ice instead of jerseys which is perfectly fitting.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:36 AM   #5671
greyshep
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

I am not sure if thats even possible with the design of that building. From my experience I believe there is only one cattle call entrance/exit into that arena. Conversely, the dome has multiple entrance/exit doors and a large walkway all around the outside of it where they can place these things.

I noticed the washroom lineups at Rogers when I was there for a preseason game, was quite surprised that a brand new building would come with this flaw. Hopefully the Flames are paying attention to this.
The Following User Says Thank You to greyshep For This Useful Post:
Ace
Old 05-03-2017, 12:10 PM   #5672
Oil Stain
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
And further, every minute people are not in their seats buying from Beer Guys or concession workers or on the concourse you arent making money, so bathrooms is throughput time.

You have to get them in and out and back to buying stuff.

Because being at a hockey game, as I said earlier is about ~3-5 hours, that is the only time you have to make money, all the rest of the hours are an expense.
The beer lines are non existent which is nice. There are more beer vendors than you can shake a stick at.

The food lines look longer than Rexall but they line up snake style now. One single file line for 8 cashiers where as before it was 8 lines. It might be the same but seeing the giant line just keeps me away.

We will see if changing women's to men's makes any difference. They have already been changing men's to women's at country concerts which are predominantly female audiences. It's a good move if it balances out the wait times for the sexes. Women could use the washroom in a couple of minutes at Oilers games previously.
Old 05-03-2017, 12:15 PM   #5673
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum PEI View Post
IIRC there was supposed to be more bathrooms but the project got scaled back. Katz asked for more money but the government refused and so bathrooms were one of the things they cut back on.
Damn government taking away our washrooms!
What's next?!
Old 05-03-2017, 12:43 PM   #5674
FurnaceFace
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think they should design washrooms as one big snake line. For guys you have a corridor lined with urinals on either side and you just walk until you find an empty one...or make it work like a Winners line: "urinal number 67 please". The biggest design need in my mind is separate in and out doors. I'm always frustrated at the dome having to line up to get out. Put the facilities at one end and the sinks at the other. Don't make "empty" people interact with "full" people. Maybe architects should get Temple Granlin to design these things.

Hockey is just a game the way ice cream is just glucose, love is just
a feeling, and sex is just repetitive motion.

___________________________________- A Theory of Ice
Old 05-03-2017, 12:58 PM   #5675
East Coast Flame
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I have seen them switch a few of the Men's bathrooms to Womens at the Dome. Last time I believe I was at Amy Schumer.

I was awfully surprised when I walked into the bathroom I use every time and there were a bunch of Women in there.
Old 05-03-2017, 01:02 PM   #5676
Ruttiger
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by East Coast Flame View Post
I have seen them switch a few of the Men's bathrooms to Womens at the Dome. Last time I believe I was at Amy Schumer.

I was awfully surprised when I walked into the bathroom I use every time and there were a bunch of Women in there.
I imagine they were equally disgust...er...surprised.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ruttiger For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2017, 02:05 PM   #5677
CsInMyBlood
Franchise Player

Location: F*** me. We're so f***ing good, you check the f***ing standings? Lets f***ing go! F***ing practice!
Exp:

They should have made each seat in the arena a toilet if they were really thinking.

Easy to use while wearing sweatpants with good shoes.

Backlund for Selke 2017 2018
Oilers suck.
Old 05-03-2017, 02:06 PM   #5678
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Before this series began, Anaheim coach Randy Carlyle boldly predicted the Oilers would be “whining” about how his Ducks cheat in the faceoff circle. The Oilers may be, privately, but let the record show that the first public complaints came from Carlyle himself, when he said the referees are giving Connor McDavid “the white-glove treatment” in this series.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/d...ove-treatment/

I'm surprised he can speak with his mouth so full...

The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2017, 02:33 PM   #5679
OILFAN #81
Everyone's Favorite Oilfan!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/d...ove-treatment/

I'm surprised he can speak with his mouth so full...
Loved Coach McLellan's response to him this morning.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OILFAN #81 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2017, 03:01 PM   #5680
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just saw a CPS F150 with a disgusting orange Oilers car flag.
Closed Thread