Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-02-2017, 01:26 PM   #101
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Today I got the rare black Dominus with DLC code. It is a good day.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2017, 11:24 AM   #102
cKy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
The only place I've found them is the Airdrie Walmart. Though apparently Toys R Us is stocking them as well, though that's a trip I don't want to take in December.

I don't have Dominus yet (I would want to keep a first one I got) -- if I do manage to get two I'll give you a heads up.
I have seen them at EB Games here in Victoria - I assume they'd all carry them.

In my noobness of RL, do the cars make a difference in game play? I roll the batmobile right now and i'm not sure I noticed any speed variance or control or anything... The Dominus looks cool, but why do I want it?

cKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 12:42 PM   #103
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cKy View Post
I have seen them at EB Games here in Victoria - I assume they'd all carry them.

In my noobness of RL, do the cars make a difference in game play? I roll the batmobile right now and i'm not sure I noticed any speed variance or control or anything... The Dominus looks cool, but why do I want it?
There is minimal difference, and it's only a small variance in the hit box. You would probably have to play several hundred hours with a single vehicle, then change to another one to even begin to notice.

And you want it because it looks cool! If there were actual performance differences in the vehicles there would obviously be tiers formed, and there would be obvious 'best' vehicles. And then they would release a DLC car that would be the new 'best' and everyone would be outraged. Keeping the differences 99% cosmetic is better for everyone.
Old 12-18-2017, 03:40 PM   #104
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

They have them at Toys R Us but they didn't have a price and I didn't want to wait in line forever to find out. I might go back again this week.
KevanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 03:49 PM   #105
cKy
First Line Centre

Exp:

I saw the RL Blind Bags at EB Games (here in Victoria) but I'd assume that those are chain-wide as well. I subtly hinted to my kids that they'd make good stocking stuffers :P

Old 12-22-2017, 10:48 AM   #106
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

They're $10 at Toys R Us. No dlc but really lucked out and got a dominus!
Old 12-22-2017, 04:10 PM   #107
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Got around to playing rocket league on my computer since I've had a copy for a while. Not going to lie, it felt pretty good being able to single handedly dominate games though that didn't last very long as the ranking system figured out my skill group.

Getting to the point of being confident in taking aerial shots even if I completely whiff half the time. Air rolls and what not are completely foreign to me though.
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 09:07 AM   #108
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Annual post-Christmas rookie flood on the servers now. Can be rough. Takes a couple months to have the casuals drop out.
Old 12-29-2017, 12:41 PM   #109
cKy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Annual post-Christmas rookie flood on the servers now. Can be rough. Takes a couple months to have the casuals drop out.
well that makes sense. I joined a game this morning and put in 6 goals in 6 shots in about 2 minutes.. it was the best i ever played.

Old 12-31-2017, 01:09 PM   #110
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

I played a game and all 3 players on the other team were just sitting there doing nothing. I got 9 goals. Not as fun as it sounds TBH.
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 12:03 PM   #111
cKy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Any of you guys named 'DaFlamesRock' ?? Cause if you are, you schooled me last night.

Old 02-12-2018, 05:41 PM   #112
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Really getting into trading, especially with how easy it was to pick up some keys after trading the newly released victory crates. Ended up turning those around into some decals, boost, etc.

And now I have to play more in order to enjoy the new cosmetics.
And then when I get more crates to trade then the cycle continues.
Old 02-14-2018, 05:13 PM   #113
cKy
First Line Centre

Exp:

How does this trading work? Any way to open crates without real money buying keys?

Old 02-15-2018, 10:50 AM   #114
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cKy View Post
How does this trading work? Any way to open crates without real money buying keys?
Not really. There's been a couple holiday events where you can earn to purchase limited number of keys (5 IIRC) with temporary in game currency but those items are not tradeable.
The Following User Says Thank You to Anduril For This Useful Post:
cKy
Old 02-16-2018, 02:56 PM   #115
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
Not really. There's been a couple holiday events where you can earn to purchase limited number of keys (5 IIRC) with temporary in game currency but those items are not tradeable.
They've mentioned that they will be adding a way to get decryptors through regular play some time this year, but who knows when that will be.

https://www.rocketleague.com/news/ro...p-spring-2018/

Quote:
As a quick reminder, here are some of the features that are still being developed for 2018 release:

-Progression Updates

-Make XP relevant again

-Earn Decryptors through play

-New Banners, Titles, and other rewards for reaching high levels
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2018, 08:42 AM   #116
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Clubs coming to Rocket League next week -- so kind of like a guild, I guess?

https://www.rocketleague.com/news/clubs-a-closer-look/

Seems like an interesting idea. I'll get something organized for us CPers that still play to join up with when it goes live next week.

Next week is also their big progression update, then Rocket Pass comes out the week after. Nice that they're giving some reasons to come back to it, it's been a while since there's been a significant update!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2018, 02:40 PM   #117
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

So Clubs seems pretty basic but you’ll need to do some club stuff for the new trophies. I can only invite people to the club if they’re online and in the same party. I have a couple of you as friends online, but not everyone that might be interested. So if you want to join the PS4 CP club, let me know your PSN ID and I’ll add you. I’ll be online tonight sometime between 10 and 11, so maybe we could get some people into the club and work everyone toward those trophies.

Also, the new progression update bumped me up from ‘Master’ to ‘Legend’, so that’s pretty cool!
Old 08-29-2018, 03:10 PM   #118
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
So Clubs seems pretty basic but you’ll need to do some club stuff for the new trophies. I can only invite people to the club if they’re online and in the same party. I have a couple of you as friends online, but not everyone that might be interested. So if you want to join the PS4 CP club, let me know your PSN ID and I’ll add you. I’ll be online tonight sometime between 10 and 11, so maybe we could get some people into the club and work everyone toward those trophies.

Also, the new progression update bumped me up from ‘Master’ to ‘Legend’, so that’s pretty cool!
It would have been nice for them to kick us a few items for all the levels we've already earned but oh well.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 04:12 PM   #119
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'll be online tonight but might be playing Firewall on PSVR (my Aim bundle is waiting to be picked up today!) but I'll join a party to join the club
Old 08-29-2018, 09:21 PM   #120
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I created CalgaryPuck [CP]. My PSN is KevanGuy.