Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2011, 11:26 PM   #1061
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
I wonder if it has anything to do with Arby's owning them now.
They're probably concerned about their bottom line. I would not be surprised if it's plummeting lower than the IQs of the people that work there. I swear that they hire the stupidest of the stupid. It's like a newsworthy event for a Wendys DT to get a simple order right, such as two junior burgers, no tomatos, coke.
I just don't understand how that's funk-uppable. All you have to do is put two hamburgers in a bag and hand it to me. And give me my coke. That's all. This is not rocket appliances.
And forget ordering fries because they won't give you ketchup. Oh, they'll give you one. Or maybe two. Any more than that and they look at you like you're asking for their firstborn.
The last time I ordered fries at a Wendys DT, I asked for ketchup, so she gave me one. ONE. So I asked for "more ketchup, please", so she gave me another. So I tripped out a bit and asked her "WTF? Is it coming out of your paycheque? Give me some ketchup!", so she reached into the bin and handed me about 50 ketchups. So I grabbed some of them, but most of them fell on the ground.
I know. I'm the a-hole. She's just doing what her manager told her to do. 95% ice in the drinks, and zero or one ketchup packet per customer.
Seriously, if you guys are that concerned about ketchup, charge me a nickel per packet. Here's a f'n quarter, now let me enjoy my fries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskflames96 View Post
Anybody else getting sick of that "It's time for Tim's" commercial? That song is incredibly stupid. No, it is not time for Tim's.
Oh, Tims. Worst commercials on the planet. Their sappy one with the daughter that moved away and the parents come to visit, and they really need to go to Tims so that Daddy can try to get little Sally to come home almost makes me cry. Or punch the TV.

Tims did have a hilarious radio commercial this summer, though. They had their new bagels and the guy was telling the other guy how great they were, and he capped it off with "these aren't your father's bagels" to which the other guy said "you are my father, dad"...Which is kinda funny, but then the guy says "well, they're not your grandpa's bagels", then another guy with an old man voice goes "think again, sport".
That commercial actually makes me laugh out loud.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:31 AM   #1062
Cheerio
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopChed View Post

This ad makes me scramble for my remote in an effort to hit the mute button before I have to listen to the whole thing. It really annoys me.
I disagree I love this commercial, way better than most of the garbage out there.
Cheerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:46 PM   #1063
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.

Exp:

Right now there is a splenda commercial on the radio that really annoys the hell out of me. Do you have any splenda Brenda, do you put it in a blender, or give it to a sender, can you lender........AHHHHHH so stupid
Superflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:52 PM   #1064
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Robyn Regehr selling mattresses on the radio.

I just can't associate somebody with a lot of wealth sleeping on anything other than some Hugh Hefner-style, custom made bed and mattress set.

Plus the commercial just comes across bad.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:08 PM   #1065
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopChed View Post

This ad makes me scramble for my remote in an effort to hit the mute button before I have to listen to the whole thing. It really annoys me.
There's a longer version of this! Awesome!

Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:05 AM   #1066
Cheerio
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

The worst commercial on TV right now is that stupid ####ing Ford truck one that has the girl speaking and she says something like "nananana boo boo jack frost". As soon as I hear that I go into rage mode.
Cheerio is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Cheerio For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2011, 09:16 PM   #1067
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

That Co-operators commercial about "the hyphen". That guy seems like the biggest dork ever. Take that hyphen and shove it up your smelly goat a**.
Sainters7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:53 PM   #1068
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

We need some more crazy agriculture commercials (this is MY wheat field!) to air. Strange how I now consider it good to so many commercials now.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:58 PM   #1069
dubc80
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mccree View Post
The stupid Boston Pizza wing commercials with the dude in the green sports jacket. I want to punch him in the face.
Agreed. He can take his "nice gilmorgan" (whatever the hell that is), and shove it.

I saw the same guy doing a Capital One credit card commercial over the weekend.

Edit: Gilmer Bryan Morgan II, OD (born September 25, 1946) is an American professional golfer. Although he won only seven events on the PGA Tour between 1977 and 1990 and didn't win a major until the Senior Tour, he was one of the most consistent top five finishers on the Tour during this period. His swing was often criticized for his "flying elbow" which some thought resembled a chicken wing.

Last edited by dubc80; 11-07-2011 at 01:03 PM.
dubc80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:58 PM   #1070
wookster
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Some are repeats but my list would include:

- Spence Diamond adds on the radio...I really want to murder that guy, he's got the most annoying voice I think I've ever heard on the radio...

- An older one but that chick from the philly cream cheese commercials...she's supposed to be in heaven or whatever...someone push her off that cloud please!

- Any local car dealership commercial or any local law firm commercial - painful
wookster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:15 PM   #1071
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookster View Post
Some are repeats but my list would include:

- Spence Diamond adds on the radio...I really want to murder that guy, he's got the most annoying voice I think I've ever heard on the radio...

- An older one but that chick from the philly cream cheese commercials...she's supposed to be in heaven or whatever...someone push her off that cloud please!

- Any local car dealership commercial or any local law firm commercial - painful
Funny thing is, that cream cheese hasn't been kind to her if you compare the earlier commercials with now, especially if they're extolling the virtues of the "light" cream cheese.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:19 PM   #1072
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
The worst commercial on TV right now is that stupid ####ing Ford truck one that has the girl speaking and she says something like "nananana boo boo jack frost". As soon as I hear that I go into rage mode.
That one RGMG. I wish it showed her face on the commerical so that I could Google her face then punch my monitor.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:26 PM   #1073
OilKiller
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Remembered it was Ford though didn't you?

Advertising works, especially annoying advertising.
OilKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OilKiller For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2011, 03:30 PM   #1074
Weiser Wonder
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's a dinosaur dad.

I also hate the affable non-threatening white guy that's in every tech commercial now.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:44 PM   #1075
Muffins
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
We need some more crazy agriculture commercials (this is MY wheat field!) to air. Strange how I now consider it good to so many commercials now.
My sister worked on that commercial.

I felt like a "big shot insider" when I got to see it before it came out
Old 11-07-2011, 03:44 PM   #1076
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You almost get the sense she's going for the whole "female Dennis Leary" shtick. Turrable. Just turrable.
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:54 PM   #1077
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weiser Wonder View Post
It's a dinosaur dad.
I liked it the first time. Now, stop showing it at every break!
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2011, 04:03 PM   #1078
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
I liked it the first time. Now, stop showing it at every break!
when people underline their text, and i try clicking on it thinking that it's a link
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2011, 04:03 PM   #1079
bradster57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

That new Tim Hortons commercial where they are advertising their new lattes or whatever. The guy thinks he got too much change and debates in his head if he should tell the cashier.

But there is this close up of his face and he has that latte foam smeared on his lips- ewww.

Have you ever seen a Tim Horton's commercial in the US? They are actually decent because they know they can't get away with their "we're so Canadian and make cute commercials" down there.

Also, what is up with every cereal commercial with a dad trying to protect his cereal from his kids eating it? And enough with that "crunching" in every cereal commercial too- like nails on a chalkboard to me.
bradster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bradster57 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2011, 04:24 PM   #1080
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
when people underline their text, and i try clicking on it thinking that it's a link
This is how you know someone is old. Underline is italics for typewriters.

I love the Malibu commercials. I also love the A&W commercials with Ryan the Trainee. As a huge comedy nerd, I have noticed he has impeccable timing.

Beuno Beuno Spicy

Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad commercials , bunchowhiners , eww spence diamonds "guy" , eww vagisil , spence sucks , subway sucks , telus sucks