Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2019, 03:00 PM   #101
flambers
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
That package wouldn't get Stone unextended, let alone extended.

Not sure, remember Stone is a pending UFA and could likely be a rental for the Oilers and leave on July 1st.

If the Oilers offered their 1st rounder plus a 2nd.

I bet they would have the Senators interest, that's assuming the Senators make the decision that they can't sign him
flambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 03:06 PM   #102
DazzlinDino
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiracSpike View Post
If Edmonton had competent management the last thing that should be on the table is their 1st rounder. Hopped over to HF and they're all justifiably freaking out. Perfect encapsulation on how awful Katz is to that team, he should see that this is a disastrous path. You'd sell just as many suites in Edmonton promising rebuild 5.0 with a high level new prospect than getting smacked by us or WPG in the first round.
Could be a panic move crap maybe somebody's requested a trade.
DazzlinDino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 03:08 PM   #103
MillerTime GFG
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWcrowfoot View Post
They've picked first overall four times in six years, including nabbing one of the best talents of our generation. Yet here we are. I worry more about a Shark attack in the Bow River than where and who the Oilers pick.
Just for the record, my 6-year old assured me just yesterday that there are in fact sharks in the Bow River. "You're wrong Dad".
MillerTime GFG is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MillerTime GFG For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2019, 03:08 PM   #104
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flambers View Post
Not sure, remember Stone is a pending UFA and could likely be a rental for the Oilers and leave on July 1st.

If the Oilers offered their 1st rounder plus a 2nd.

I bet they would have the Senators interest, that's assuming the Senators make the decision that they can't sign him
Oilers 1st+Poolparty+Yamamoto for Stone. Oilers still miss the playoffs and Stone returns to Ottawa as a UFA. Poolparty and Yammi turn into 70 point fowards and the Oilers get nothing. Make it so Chia!
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2019, 03:13 PM   #105
HockeyPuck
Scoring Winger

Exp:

This whole thing make me wonder if Yakety Sax plays throughout the halls of Rogers Place
Old 01-14-2019, 03:15 PM   #106
kukkudo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Chia special coming right up. 2019 first for Eberle
kukkudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 03:20 PM   #107
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

can't wait to see the bad reactionary trade that Chia is going to pull out of his hat. Hope they give away their 1st for a rental, but trading Puljujarvi for peanuts only to see him flourish somewhere else would be pretty neat too.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 03:21 PM   #108
Firebot
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkon View Post
Oh man, I couldn't help myself but to go over and check out HF oil's response to this tweet! To be honest 50% of the posters are being pretty realistic but some of them are just unbelievable with the "let's give them 3-4 of our complete crap players and a top 10 protected 1st round pick for Tank". The poster Jet Walters takes the cake with this beaut!

Ideally I think we need a top 6 RW with some size/grit/scoring and a LW with some skill. If we are moving the 1st you'd think Ottawa would really want it with them not having one. We would need Stone to be extended and for the Sens to take back two of Benning/Spooner/Manning for it to work. Jaden Schwartz does make some sense too.

Benning, Spooner, Bear, 1st, conditional 2020 2nd for Stone (hopefully get Ottawa to retain a million or two.) .

Puljujarvi, Talbot, 2nd, for Schwartz

RNH McDavid Stone
Schwartz Drai Chiasson
Lucic Khaira Yamamoto
Rieder Brodziak Kassian

I love the "hopefully get Ottawa to retain a million or two".
Personally I love them to think of the most outlandish lopsided deal they can, which just makes it that much more fun when we see what Chia did and his explanation on why he could not get top value.

From the Hall days:

Quote:
I'm not a fan of trading Taylor Hall but we'd all be foolish to not be prepared for some trade be built around him. Here's my suggestion should it come to pass

:edmonton
Hamonic
Kreider

:rangers
Hall

:isles
McDonagh
Quote:
Islanders kill everyone in this trade.

Not interested in trading Hall for anything short of a #1 Dman
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...g-191.2098759/

Quote:
I'm done with this team. I thought Chia would be a smart GM, but he comes in a trades Hal l for Larsson? Like really, that is a type of player Eberle gets or even RNH, but Hall?

Yea I'm done, glad I decided not to buy season tickets this year when my time came on the registry.
Little did that Oiler fan know but, Eberle would be turned into Spooner
Firebot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Firebot For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2019, 03:23 PM   #109
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'd like to present this to all Oilers fans....again.

Old 01-14-2019, 04:28 PM   #110
Hockey Fan #751
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Does two games of playoff revenue make any kind of difference?
It does if you think making the playoffs is the difference between 1/3 of your suites and a chunk of your season tickets renewing or not.
Hockey Fan #751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 04:36 PM   #111
stemit14
First Line Centre

Exp:

I would not be surprised if the oilers pull off their panic move within the next 5 days. Chia probably knows his job is already on the line and he needs to try and do something to spark the team before the Flames comes to town. You would think a blowout loss to the Flames on home ice would certainly be the tipping point both for fans and ownership. I could see the return of the jersey toss coming to their fancy arena this Saturday.

That’s why I think he’ll try to make this trade by Friday. The problem is that most teams that are looking to sell are probably waiting for more teams to be in the buying market. Demand usually goes up closer to the deadline. Chia doesn’t have that kind of time... and he knows it. He probably knows the oilers will be dead in the water within 2 weeks at this rate. This will make him overpay even more just to convince a team to make a trade early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stemit14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 04:38 PM   #112
goflamesgo18
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
Oilers 1st+Poolparty+Yamamoto for Stone. Oilers still miss the playoffs and Stone returns to Ottawa as a UFA. Poolparty and Yammi turn into 70 point fowards and the Oilers get nothing. Make it so Chia!
Stone signs with flames as ufa
goflamesgo18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to goflamesgo18 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2019, 04:54 PM   #113
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Need a Thneed View Post
So... they are asking for Stone to be extended, THEN HAVE SALARY RETAINED IN A TRADE, as a condition of making the trade?

I don’t think that’s how GMing works.
Lol, it’s Oiler fans

Believing in delusional outcomes has always been their thing
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scorch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2019, 05:01 PM   #114
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Why do they think teams are going to suddenly start doing Chia favors, because they feel sorry for him?
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2019, 05:02 PM   #115
keratosis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

This is like second Christmas.
keratosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 05:27 PM   #116
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wouldn't be surprised if Yamamoto was in play

Decent prospect, but not a top 5 pick, so zero chance the Oilers develop him properly
1qqaaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 05:29 PM   #117
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stemit14 View Post
I would not be surprised if the oilers pull off their panic move within the next 5 days. Chia probably knows his job is already on the line and he needs to try and do something to spark the team before the Flames comes to town. You would think a blowout loss to the Flames on home ice would certainly be the tipping point both for fans and ownership. I could see the return of the jersey toss coming to their fancy arena this Saturday.

That’s why I think he’ll try to make this trade by Friday. The problem is that most teams that are looking to sell are probably waiting for more teams to be in the buying market. Demand usually goes up closer to the deadline. Chia doesn’t have that kind of time... and he knows it. He probably knows the oilers will be dead in the water within 2 weeks at this rate. This will make him overpay even more just to convince a team to make a trade early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think the Flames game is an important marker, but most deadline deals are made with an eye towards improving your team for the playoffs. If this report is serious, the Oilers looking to add for the regular season in order to make the playoffs. So they would need to do something soon.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 05:30 PM   #118
the2bears
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is likely the best the Oilers are for at least a couple years. Their window is now, given this, so they better go all in and try for the play-offs.
the2bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 05:35 PM   #119
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
1st, plus #4 overall, plus another recent 1st for a rental? If the Oilers do this and Stone walks, it would be one of the worst trades of all time. Presumably they would have an extension in place, otherwise this is out of control bad.

Oh and thank you Edmonton again for picking Puljujarvi over Tkachuk....thanks to Vancouver too.
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 05:48 PM   #120
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1084927801491218432