Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2019, 11:14 AM   #1921
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post

Nice to see that Joker: Pet Detective didn't make the cut.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 12:43 PM   #1922
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

I know this isn't the sci-fi TV thread but the DC TV universe is doing a big Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover with all the shows.

They announced Tom Welling is coming back to play Superman for it. Kevin Conroy (voice of Batman Animated) is coming on to play Bruce Wayne. Brandon Routh is rumoured to be playing Superman again too.

I haven't watched any of these series in a few seasons but it'll fun to watch this one.

Last edited by KTrain; 09-19-2019 at 03:38 PM.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 03:20 PM   #1923
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Ya seems pretty cool the lengths they are going to set this up, and the reception it is getting from all of these different people that have been involved in the DCU in some form or another over the years.

I've watched a bit of Arrow and a little of Flash. The TV stuff has never really interested me with any of the comic or sci-fi universes. But I will definitely watch this crossover when it is up on Netflix or whatever at some point.
Old 09-23-2019, 07:54 AM   #1924
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tickets for Joker are now on sale.
Nadal Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nadal Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2019, 06:27 PM   #1925
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Batman couldn't let Joker have all the fun, Jonah Hill is up for the role of either Penguin or Riddler and Jeffrey Wright is close to being confirmed as Commissioner Gordon.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:21 PM   #1926
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Old 09-24-2019, 09:53 PM   #1927
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
I know this isn't the sci-fi TV thread but the DC TV universe is doing a big Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover with all the shows.

They announced Tom Welling is coming back to play Superman for it. Kevin Conroy (voice of Batman Animated) is coming on to play Bruce Wayne. Brandon Routh is rumoured to be playing Superman again too.

I haven't watched any of these series in a few seasons but it'll fun to watch this one.
I always thought that they would save this for the theater run. They have properties in television that are more popular than their movie counterpart, and the tv series are starting to get long in the tooth.

They could have brought everyone together, created a dream team of characters by killing off those that didn't go over well, and reset the entire thing while paying tribute to what came before.

Or they could just do this.
Old 09-25-2019, 06:42 PM   #1928
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

OMG Aquaman was so bad! I'm really happy I waited for Netflix and didn't pay a cent for this turd. I was tempted to hit the power button 45 minutes in. The writing was just the worst trying to cram in like 6 different story lines filled with plot holes, stupid decisions, and cheesy dialog. Also the CGI underwater action was just dumb and was made to look even worse because the couple bits of on land action were actually quite well done. The only saving grace was Momoa who was very well cast and did his best to carry every scene he was in. 3/10

Another comic book movie I recently watched was Batman Ninja. This was visually spectacular and a fun concept but overall lacked any depth or a real story. I did like the parts exploring the Batman vs Joker relationship but these were few and far between with most of the movie focusing on mindless action against one dimensional villains. 6/10.

Last edited by FireGilbert; 09-25-2019 at 06:45 PM.
FireGilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 06:48 PM   #1929
Ped
First Line Centre

Exp:

Hulu has canceled the planned Ghost Rider series (with Gabriel Luna reprising his role from Agents of SHIELD) due to "creative differences."
Ped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 09:31 AM   #1930
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:
Sony and Marvel Studios to Do One More Spider-Man Film

After weeks of negotiations over Peter Parker's future in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, it looks like Spider-Man is back for one more adventure. ComicBook has confirmed that Marvel Studios and Sony Pictures have agreed to make one final movie that will finish the trilogy that began with Spider-Man: Homecoming, effectively ending the Wall-Crawler's intro trilogy with the MCU. According to the studios, the main cast from the first two films is expected to return for this third and final Spider-Man movie, including Tom Holland, Zendaya, Marissa Tomei, Jacob Battalon, and Jon Favreau, while producers Amy Pascal and Kevin Feige will join director Jon Watts for this final film.

This does not mean that the third Spider-Man movie will be Tom Holland's last adventure as Peter Parker, according to Sony and Marvel, Peter will have more adventures in the MCU and with Sony. This also allows these characters to continue on in their own franchise separate from the MCU, without having the sudden and jarring disconnect established by events like the Blip from Avengers: Endgame and J. Jonah Jameson's outing in Spider-Man: Far From Home.
https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/09...one-more-film/

Release date of July 21, 2021

Last edited by KTrain; 09-27-2019 at 09:59 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2019, 10:33 AM   #1931
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Cookin View Post
You say played out like it's over.
Took a month.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 02:30 PM   #1932
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Brandon Routh in his Kingdom Come costume is perfection.

Spoiler!
The Following User Says Thank You to Nadal Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2019, 02:32 PM   #1933
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ped View Post
Hulu has canceled the planned Ghost Rider series (with Gabriel Luna reprising his role from Agents of SHIELD) due to "creative differences."

Too bad, he was really good in Agents of Shield, that whole season with him and Aida was exceptional.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2019, 03:28 PM   #1934
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
Brandon Routh in his Kingdom Come costume is perfection.

Spoiler!
I would have loved to have seen Christopher Reeve be able to do this but this is the next best thing. Looks great.

Maybe they'll do a Kingdom Come mini-series and he'll be able to reprise the role again. It'd be expensive but The Boys seems to work with a limited budget and great effects.
The Following User Says Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2019, 10:21 PM   #1935
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ya Reeve would have been perfect for this, I would love to see a Kingdom Come movie with Keaton and Lynda Carter coming back as well. After Joker that should be the next one off movie from DC.
Old 10-01-2019, 04:25 PM   #1936
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

I have no idea what to think if this.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 08:02 PM   #1937
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you are going to make a movie with a definable 'hero', then the quality that hero as a character is going to be judged by the quality of the villain that they face.

Ewan MacGregor looks a little stocky. Impossible to tell at this point.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:32 PM   #1938
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah nothing in that trailer really made me want to see the movie. Couldn't begin to tell you what is going on.

She was cool in Suicide Squad though.
Strange Brew is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2019, 12:37 PM   #1939
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Margot Robbie makes me want to watch it.
stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 02:06 PM   #1940
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks like another DC disappointment.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote