Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2023, 05:27 PM   #2021
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
This really is not helpful.
What exactly is wrong with it?
Like it or not and I'm sure I you don't like to hear it the majority of the world on hearing this news will speculate that it was an Israeli bomb.

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 05:28 PM   #2022
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
But if you hide among civilians and take shots at a proven aggressive nation militarily, don't be surprised when they shoot back and kill you and the civilians around you.
But that's entirely the point of using people as human shields be they in hospitals or homes.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 05:29 PM   #2023
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
What exactly is wrong with it?
Like it or not and I'm sure I you don't like to hear it the majority of the world on hearing this news will speculate that it was an Israeli bomb.
Oh I have no doubt. And even if it turns out that Israel was not responsible, which I hope like hell, it will not matter.

Israel will continue be demonized.
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 05:29 PM   #2024
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFO View Post
With absence of credible info it’s tough to give Israel the benefit of the doubt. That’s just the sad reality based on their body of work to date.
What is defined as credible info?

The evidence before you:

1. A video showing a rocket being launched, being intercepted, and then falling to the ground in two pieces and starting a large explosion and fire in the hospital.

2. People matching up buildings in the video to pictures of other buildings in the area to show that it was indeed the hospital on fire.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 05:30 PM   #2025
flylock shox
1 millionth post winnar!

Exp:

Your average criminal trial to prove who shoplifted a wheel of cheese takes over a year to come to fruition. This is far more complex, especially with all the disinformation abounding and emotions involved. It benefits no one to rush to judgment here.

Having said that, it's a reminder that this conflict will have horrible - even if unintended - consequences, and it's in everyone's best interests to explore all avenues to reduce avoid the damage being done, or making it even worse. This type of event can be a flashpoint for much bigger things, if not this time then the next or the next.
flylock shox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 05:32 PM   #2026
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Oh I have no doubt. And even if it turns out that Israel was not responsible, which I hope like hell, it will not matter.

So what was not helpful about the post?

Old 10-17-2023, 05:33 PM   #2027
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
1. A video showing a rocket being launched, being intercepted, and then falling to the ground in two pieces and starting a large explosion and fire in the hospital.
Please link this video. Have not seen this at all. Have not seen any explosion or fire in the video making the rounds. There's a lot of supposition injected into the interpretation and not what the video shows.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 05:34 PM   #2028
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
So what was not helpful about the post?
The unvarnished truth?
Old 10-17-2023, 05:34 PM   #2029
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny_McDonald View Post
Please link this video. Have not seen this at all. Have not seen any explosion or fire in the video making the rounds. There's a lot of supposition injected into the interpretation and not what the video shows.
Right above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beninho View Post
Old 10-17-2023, 05:35 PM   #2030
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
You people? And Hamas leadership and their terrorist militia are worse than animals.
Beninho called Palestinians “animals,” and very specifically clarified he was talking about civilians, not just Hamas.

Quote:

Of course it will matter. This idea that Israel is just completely unfairly demonized is absolutely absurd. They get criticized for things they actually do, and far far less frequently things they don’t actually do.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2023, 05:35 PM   #2031
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
What is defined as credible info?

The evidence before you

Didn't happen.
IDF spokesperson on CNN debunked that about an hour ago.

Go find some more 'evidence' to believe.

Old 10-17-2023, 05:36 PM   #2032
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Didn't happen.

That's not correct. The initial video had a time stamp that didn't match. A second, more detailed video, clearly showed the hospital on fire.

Quote:
Want to find confirmation for this, but the second video was apparently from Al Jezeera.

Last edited by blankall; 10-17-2023 at 05:39 PM.
Old 10-17-2023, 05:36 PM   #2033
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Beninho called Palestinians “animals,” and very specifically clarified he was talking about civilians, not just Hamas.

Of course it will matter. This idea that Israel is just completely unfairly demonized is absolutely absurd. They get criticized for things they actually do, and far far less frequently things they don’t actually do.
I mentioned multiple times I was referring to Hamas but should have clarified, it was an emotional day and I was admittedly posting with anger. I have even said and will re-state it just for you that the Palestinians are entitled to a state and that I am anti-settlements in the West Bank. There is nothing about the conditions the Palestinians are in that I take joy in. But again I could care less what you think. If you support Hamas you are an animal in my eyes. There are multiple terror sympathizers in this thread, including you, who look for every angle to blame Israel.

Last edited by Beninho; 10-17-2023 at 06:02 PM.
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Beninho For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2023, 05:41 PM   #2034
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Didn't happen.

Go believe Hamas, im sure you are part of the same group of people in this thread that blamed Israel for blowing up a convoy of Palestinians moving south when it was actually proven to be a Hamas IED not even 2 days ago. Same thing happening here. Israel blowing up a hospital only
benefits Hamas, which I guess benefits the narrative you want to believe

Last edited by Beninho; 10-17-2023 at 05:44 PM.
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 05:41 PM   #2035
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
That's not correct. The initial video had a time stamp that didn't match. A second, more detailed video, clearly showed the hospital on fire.
He clearly stated that there were rumours flying around that Israel intercepted a missile that then flew into the hospital and stated not true.

Old 10-17-2023, 05:43 PM   #2036
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post

In the big picture, over time, nope. Not buying it. As I said above, wait for the millions of posts and the demonstrations and the rallies. Even if Hamas or Jihad was responsible there will be thousands of Hamas sympathizers waving signs "Israeli Monsters Bomb Hospitals".
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 05:45 PM   #2037
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Go believe Hamas, im sure you are part of the same group of people in this thread that blamed Israel for blowing up a convoy of Palestinians moving south when it was actually proven to be a Hamas IED not even 2 days ago. Same thing happening here. Israel blowing up a hospital only
benefits Hamas, which I guess benefits the narrative you want to believe
So... Are you saying the IDF spokesperson was lying?

Old 10-17-2023, 05:47 PM   #2038
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Could you please link what you're talking about. My understanding was that the IDF had a video, which they stated showed rockets being launched and landing on the hospital. Then time stamps showed that video might not coincide with the right time, and the IDF pulled the video.

Next, a second, and far more detailed, video emerged showing a rocket being shot down and landing on the hospital.
Old 10-17-2023, 05:49 PM   #2039
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
What statement by the IDF spokesperson are you referring to here, I can't keep any of this stuff straight.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 05:51 PM   #2040
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Right above.
Uh huh. Just a few things to consider about that video? From launch to intercept is 12 seconds of footage. From intercept to explosions is less than 6 seconds. Care to do the math on that and explain how something that took 12 seconds to travel under a propelled rocket engine then takes half the time to fall to earth and make a massive explosion? Missile gets destroyed and then falls to earth quicker than it took off? Some interesting physics going on here? Where's Mathgod when you need him?
The Following User Says Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post: