Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2023, 09:17 PM   #2061
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs View Post
When has he done that ever?????

Master at work? He is a ####ing moron and the undisputed worst owner in professional sports.
Well Maddison for £30m plus Winks is pretty impressive. I know they're separate deals, but that's effectively what he did here. If they can get a pair of CBs now, things could be much more positive this season.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2023, 09:21 PM   #2062
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Super stoked to land Rice.
More than anything, it's showing a highly sought after talent wanting to come to Arsenal. We haven't been in the running for players like this in many years and it's a wonderful sign of where the club has come to now.

This, plus key young stars like Saka, Saliba & Martinelli signing new contracts shows the club is a place to be again, even if we can't overcome the mighty oil state.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Winsor_Pilates For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2023, 09:29 PM   #2063
Spurs
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Well Maddison for £30m plus Winks is pretty impressive. I know they're separate deals, but that's effectively what he did here. If they can get a pair of CBs now, things could be much more positive this season.
London did the work to get Maddison and Spurs were lucky that no other London based club needed Maddison. He came because his wife wanted to live by our club not because of any amazing work by a chairman that should have zero role in bringing in players.
Spurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 09:43 PM   #2064
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Winks for 10 is a miracle after his last few seasons
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2023, 11:52 PM   #2065
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Genuinely wouldnt understand this from Kane

If it's really 80m, madrid and man united would both pay that instantly and hed rather go to either of those places

Maybe they wont sell to united, hed have no issue selling to madrid, he loves the 'strategic partnership'

Maybe madrid are gonna buy mbappe... well then guess who in Paris need a striker, would be flush with cash, and would likely pay at least 2x more than Bayern in wages
Old 06-29-2023, 02:06 AM   #2066
Addick
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
Genuinely wouldnt understand this from Kane

[...]

Maybe madrid are gonna buy mbappe... well then guess who in Paris need a striker, would be flush with cash, and would likely pay at least 2x more than Bayern in wages
Kane has a good thing going on at Spurs and it sounds like he values the "at home" feel. I think Bayern has that family/establishment feel to them and would try to work that angle; leaving one family for another with whom you can win a few pieces of silverware.
“Such suburban models are being rationalized as ‘what people want,’ when in fact they are simply what is most expedient to produce. The truth is that what people want is a decent place to live, not just a suburban version of a decent place to live.”

- Roberta Brandes Gratz
Addick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 06:12 AM   #2067
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kane definitely deserves something. His production over the years has been consistently outstanding. And to be fair, last season aside, Spurs have had a good competitive team. What think that more patience with Poch would’ve resulted in at least a trophy although not the big one because of the strength of City over the years. Leicester timed their miracle season well.
Barnet Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 10:28 AM   #2068
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
https://twitter.com/user/status/1672357329386217473

Chelsea just taking the piss at this point. That was supposed to be Uniteds final offer ... seriously hope they walk away, but I doubt it. Wouldn't love this deal for 40m in all honesty, but paying this kind of money for a player with one year left is insane. Just walk away, for the love of god.
aaaaand it's a done deal, now that United have added 5 more million. Predictable outcome, United always overpay in the end.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1674444022960537600
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 10:28 AM   #2069
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
Kane definitely deserves something. His production over the years has been consistently outstanding. And to be fair, last season aside, Spurs have had a good competitive team. What think that more patience with Poch would’ve resulted in at least a trophy although not the big one because of the strength of City over the years. Leicester timed their miracle season well.
Poch had a bad semi and final record though (kane is arguably there as well) and the team was floundering under him for probably 6 months really, the CL run covered up a poor end to season

I'd have taken him back between then and now at points, but he did need to go then, only way waiting would have made sense is if a total team overhaul was gonna happen the next two windows, we are currently in the 9th window now since then I believe and it's still ongoing, so that wasnt happening
Old 06-29-2023, 10:31 AM   #2070
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
aaaaand it's a done deal, now that United have added 5 more million. Predictable outcome, United always overpay in the end.

They had all the leverage too

Chelsea badly needed to sell by EOD Friday so the deal was concluded in this years FFP calculations
Old 06-29-2023, 12:22 PM   #2071
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Congratulations! You're the proud owners of a Mason Mount!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 06:34 PM   #2072
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Liverpool are closing in on the signing of RB Leipzig midfielder Dominik Szoboszlai, sources have told ESPN.

Liverpool have activated a release clause in Szoboszlai's contract, which is believed to be in the region of €70 million ($76m), sources said.

Szoboszlai, 22, is expected to travel to Liverpool this weekend for a medical, having already agreed personal terms. If the move goes through, he will become Liverpool's second summer signing after Brighton's Alexis Mac Allister arrived for an initial £35m.
https://global.espn.com/football/sto...lai-rb-leipzig

I cant really say much about this because I have never heard of this guy before.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 07-01-2023, 07:40 PM   #2073
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Szoboszlai is a pretty exciting signing if it ends up happening. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him play myself, but he seems to be pretty highly thought of. He is more of an attacking midfielder, which is something we haven’t really had in a few years. I’d think that probably suggests we are sticking the the inverted fullback formation since that pushes the midfielders forward more then the previous 433.

At the very least we’ll have some more energy in that midfield with him and Mac Allister.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 10:34 PM   #2074
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Chill View Post
Szoboszlai is a pretty exciting signing if it ends up happening. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him play myself, but he seems to be pretty highly thought of. He is more of an attacking midfielder, which is something we haven’t really had in a few years. I’d think that probably suggests we are sticking the the inverted fullback formation since that pushes the midfielders forward more then the previous 433.

At the very least we’ll have some more energy in that midfield with him and Mac Allister.
Yeah...but man...I am never going to be able to spell that.

I dont even know how to pronounce it. It seems like the sound one might make if they sneezed with their mouth full of soup.

Old 07-02-2023, 05:51 AM   #2075
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

watched Szoboszlai a lot during his Salzburg days. Good player ... him becoming a Scouser blows.
Old 07-02-2023, 01:42 PM   #2076
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
watched Szoboszlai a lot during his Salzburg days. Good player ... him becoming a Scouser blows.
Good...good...

Old 07-02-2023, 04:26 PM   #2077
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Manor Soloman on a free is great business by Spurs, good depth for the front 3

Shakhtar get absolutely screwed by FIFA
The Following User Says Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2023, 04:42 PM   #2078
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
What happened at Leipzig?

I remember when he moved from salzburg to there he was talked about as one of the next breakthrough world class talents

Doesnt seem like he was bad, just kinda of stagnated
Old 07-02-2023, 05:18 PM   #2079
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'm really liking the youth-movement re-tool of Liverpool's midfield, if Jota and Diaz can stay healthy Klopp's got lots of attacking options up front, and his deployment of TAA in the latter third of the season was brilliant.

Now they've got to shore up the Back 4.

Konate still makes too many mistakes, Matip seems like he's staying fit and healthy for longer periods of time but VVD has lost a couple steps and with Klopp liking that high line he doesnt have the pace to make every recovery anymore.

And Robertson is Robertson. That man is like a cross between the Energizer Bunny and a Terminator. He's just a tireless machine but he's getting up there too. We may need to clone him or somehow turn him into a football playing Robocop.

Old 07-03-2023, 04:58 AM   #2080
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
What happened at Leipzig?

I remember when he moved from salzburg to there he was talked about as one of the next breakthrough world class talents

Doesnt seem like he was bad, just kinda of stagnated
yeah. The thing with Szoboszlai is that everyone always fully expected him to make it and become a superstar, so maybe his actual career feels slightly underwhelming. Which is a bit unfair, he still has been good. But yeah, he hasn't become the next big superstar.