Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2011, 08:21 PM   #1
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Looking for some help with a website

My dad and a couple other people run a draft for the Masters golf tournament. You pick 15 players, it costs 20 bucks, and whoever has the most "earnings" for the tournament wins. Last year, I made a website for the draft, but it was pretty elementary. I don't want it to be anything extravagant, but there is one thing I need it to do, and I don't know how to do it.

I have the website through Go Daddy, and just use their website builder, or whatever it is. What I need is to be able to have all golfers in the tournament available on my website, in a checkbox format, and for the entrants to select their 15 guys, and submit their list that way. How do I go about this? When the list gets submitted through email, I would like to be able to just copy and paste the list straight into Microsoft Excel. Is there an easy way to do this?

Edit - Any if anyone is interested in joining the draft, you can. www.mastersdraft.com Winner took home over 1000 last year.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:01 PM   #2
GreenTeaFrapp
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

You'll have to use something like PHP to submit the form to email.

When you configure the email that gets sent to you, just have each of the fields separated by a unique character. I use the "~" since no one ever uses it for anything. Then when you past it into Excel use text to columns and each field will get it's own column.
GreenTeaFrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:04 PM   #3
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't even know what PHP is...

Is there just some HTML code or something that I could copy and paste, and then edit based on what I need?
Old 02-04-2011, 09:58 PM   #4
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

You dont need PHP for this, you could do it with a html form if you dont need anything fancy other than a form submit to an email.

I can help you out but I've been drinking and am done looking at code for the night. Shoot mee a PM if you want some help this weekend.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote