Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2016, 11:05 PM   #961
gottabekd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
can somebody please kill the sparrows
I saw the preview for this week, and was all ready for a bloodbath in King's Landing (but at the same time wondering what they would leave for the later episodes in the season). So, I was disappointed that the situation deescalated for now. But also, I have no clue what Margery is up to. Whether she really turned holy, or has something else planned (I mean, she obviously isn't converted, but I don't know if she still cares to save her brother, or what plans to achieve).

The Sam/Gilly stuff, I was dreading having to spend more time at Hornhill while Sam builds up the courage to confront his father...only to have him burst through the door again saying "#### this, I'm going to grab the family sword, and get us out of here". So now knowing that we only have to watch one scene at Hornhill, it was well done.

Yay, Arya is on the move! I think she steals a face or two before returning to Westeros.
gottabekd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 11:07 PM   #962
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was actually suprised we got to Arya leaving the faceless men so quickly. Figured it was coming, but not so soon.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 11:19 PM   #963
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Besides the last scene, which came across as forced and totally out of left field, that was a great episode.

"Burn them all!" - Mad King flashback? very cool.

Uncle Benjin is back! wow. With him and the Blackfish all we need now is Gendry.

The Sam scenes were incredible, his father truly is ruthless, loved that he stole the sword at the end.

That little creep has had it out for Arya since day one, should be a fun showdown.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 11:21 PM   #964
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Boy Drogon got huge. Awesome.

I hope Benjen and Bran can get back to the wall. Key people to keep t together there.

Cannot wait for Aria to widdle needle into that girls belly. After getting her arse handed to her constantly throughout training.

Sam adding yet another piece of Whitewalker bane to the chess board stealing his family sword.

Overall things are ramping up for a big final season where all these pieces come together to stem the whitewalker tide.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 11:48 PM   #965
gottabekd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post

Sam adding yet another piece of Whitewalker bane to the chess board stealing his family sword.
One question about Sam is what will he learn about the White Walkers (assuming he continues on to Old Town and studies up on White Walkers, as the show has lead us believe). He/we know that dragonglass and Valyrian steel can kill them. Bran knows how they were created (and maybe at some point can relay that message to everyone else). What could Sam learn that turns the tide in the war to come? Maybe what the White Walkers are actually after? Their hopes and dreams?

Do the White Walkers yearn for the throne (whatever that means, after they slaughter everyone who cared about the throne)? Just like killing men and bring winter down on everyone? Dornish girls? Some of Hot Pie's baking? So far they are just cold killing machines. Surely they have some motivation behind their actions.
gottabekd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 11:51 PM   #966
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't think the Walkers care about the throne. Chaotic Evil, they just wanna kill man.

I think they may also be after that one Sand Snake and that one play actress. For reasons.
Old 05-30-2016, 12:23 AM   #967
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Besides the last scene,
Many cringes were had looked like something you'd come up with for a parody. Really liked the rest of the episode.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 05:43 AM   #968
Scrambler
One of the Nine

Exp:

The thing about the Sparrows... This show/story has always had an ultra-villain which just about everyone wants to die a horrible death. We had Joffrey from seasons 1-4, then Ramsay from Season 3-6. Assuming they kill Ramsay in the 'Snow-bowl', there has to be a new ultra-villain for everyone to hate, perhaps that is the High Sparrow? IE: he won't be killed for awhile yet.
Scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 07:05 AM   #969
underGRADFlame
Lives In Fear Of Labelling

Exp:

Next week Preview... if you missed it like me.
Spoiler!
underGRADFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to underGRADFlame For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2016, 07:42 AM   #970
rbochan
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottabekd View Post
...Do the White Walkers yearn for the throne (whatever that means, after they slaughter everyone who cared about the throne)? Just like killing men and bring winter down on everyone? Dornish girls? Some of Hot Pie's baking? So far they are just cold killing machines. Surely they have some motivation behind their actions.
I think they're peeved due to a lack of nekkid Margery.
rbochan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rbochan For This Useful Post:
V
Old 05-30-2016, 09:29 AM   #971
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

i thought Gilly was going to stab Sam's dad.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 10:23 AM   #972
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

NSFW!
Old 05-30-2016, 10:28 AM   #973
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

So glad Arya finally figured out who she is and what she wants. This was actually a pretty awesome way of handling that storyline and character. It's too bad it has to come down to a faceoff (ha!) with the Faceless Men, but it should be an interesting fight between Arya and the Waif.

I've been hoping that she either became merciless or found herself enough to know she cannot shed who she is and what she owes to her family. Now she can make her way back to Westeros and begin to finish what she started with Meryn Trant.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 10:32 AM   #974
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

I guess I'm in the minority but I found that episode to be pretty boring outside of the return of Benjen.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2016, 10:35 AM   #975
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Stolen from reddit:

Old 05-30-2016, 10:35 AM   #976
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
I guess I'm in the minority but I found that episode to be pretty boring outside of the return of Benjen.
It was a piece mover episode for sure, compared to the rest.

I think I'm pretty done with the motivational Dany speeches though. How many times has this happened?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2016, 10:37 AM   #977
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
It was a piece mover episode for sure, compared to the rest.

I think I'm pretty done with the motivational Dany speeches though. How many times has this happened?
One more time in Meereen.

Then again to motivate someone to build (or steal) ships.

Then once again before conquering Westeros (just to make sure everyone on the same page).
Looch City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 10:46 AM   #978
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottabekd View Post
One question about Sam is what will he learn about the White Walkers (assuming he continues on to Old Town and studies up on White Walkers, as the show has lead us believe). He/we know that dragonglass and Valyrian steel can kill them. Bran knows how they were created (and maybe at some point can relay that message to everyone else). What could Sam learn that turns the tide in the war to come? Maybe what the White Walkers are actually after? Their hopes and dreams?

Do the White Walkers yearn for the throne (whatever that means, after they slaughter everyone who cared about the throne)? Just like killing men and bring winter down on everyone? Dornish girls? Some of Hot Pie's baking? So far they are just cold killing machines. Surely they have some motivation behind their actions.
"You weren't made to sit on a throne, you are a conqueror"
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 10:50 AM   #979
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrambler View Post
The thing about the Sparrows... This show/story has always had an ultra-villain which just about everyone wants to die a horrible death. We had Joffrey from seasons 1-4, then Ramsay from Season 3-6. Assuming they kill Ramsay in the 'Snow-bowl', there has to be a new ultra-villain for everyone to hate, perhaps that is the High Sparrow? IE: he won't be killed for awhile yet.
That is actually what I love about the high sparrow. He is universally hated, for sticking it to one of the most universally hated families on the show (Lannisters)

Also, despite the religious context, the High Sparrow seems to want to overthrow the established order. Authoritarianism and Absolute Monarchy. He accepts that all are equal - something we hold dear in our present era. It's quite interesting that we all actively cheer against his ideals vs. those of a 12 year old monarch and his incest parents.

That is what makes this show great I suppose.
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 10:56 AM   #980
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

I actually like the High Sparrow as he doesn't seem like a true believer compared to the Sister and am cheering for them. He appears to want what's good for the realm.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote