There is no Bennett, only Beard.
The Following User Says Thank You to underGRADFlame For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2017, 12:40 AM   #42
AustinL_NHL
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranteedEV View Post
Jack Eichel or Nathan MacKinnon could do it, I guess.

Not much appetite for trading this kid. One of the most unique complete packages of any center in the league.

I wouldn't trade him for anyone over 23 or any winger.
Lol
The Following User Says Thank You to AustinL_NHL For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2017, 12:44 AM   #43
jonkaupp
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Despite what everyone doesn’t want to believe, as of right now Bennett isn’t all that great, he’s a top 9 player that wouldn’t make that many top 6 spots in the league. He’s young but I see everyone #### on other teams prospects that are younger with much less time to prove themselves. He’s gotta do something soon, anything under 40 points this year and we should admit that there is nothing special about him despite his lofty draft status. I fully think it’s time to give up on him becoming anything less than 3rd line quality at center, they have to try him on the wing... particularly when there’s an obvious prospect ready to take that center position. Lol at the Eichel/MacKinnon thing. Jfc.
Old 10-13-2017, 01:01 AM   #44
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Considering value for money and upside, I am with Tre on this one.
Old 10-13-2017, 01:41 AM   #45
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

I posted it in another thread, but what about if Colorado was interested in a deal centering around Bennett for Rantanen-big,skilled left-shooting right winger? Won't happen, but let's just say they wanted to aquire a center after they trade Duchene?
Old 10-13-2017, 01:58 AM   #46
Cgycowboy
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVERLAST View Post
Oh , let's trade Bennett.....how is it that he is the whipping boy alongside troy Brower. I just don't understand it. Every time I turn around there's some hate getting thrown in the direction of Sam Bennett.

Anyway I like Sam Bennett and I hope we keep him
Agree ! one of the best 3rd line centres in the league and with po Chen tul lol

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
Old 10-13-2017, 02:02 AM   #47
Cgycowboy
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank MetaMusil View Post
Why not just try Bennett at the wing for a season and see if he turns into one of these players?

He'd almost surely fit better with Monahan & Gaudreau than Ferland does.
Back this up 100%. Ferland is as streaky as they come. Frees up a lot of room but maybe Bennett clicks and we have a dynamite first line. Really grateful we finally have this many options where we can take a 3rd liner throw him on 1st with Confidence and a hot prospect to fill his spot. Great time to be a flamed fan

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
Old 10-13-2017, 02:13 AM   #48
Love
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Gaudreau - Monahan - Bennett
Tkachuk - Backlund - Frolik
Versteeg - Jankowski - Jagr
Ferland - Stajan - Lazar/Brouwer
Glass
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Love For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2017, 02:38 AM   #49
カナダ人です
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Came to this thread with genuine curiosity, but it looks like most fans think Bennett is basically untouchable? Eichel "might" get it done? I was hoping to see some interesting discussion but I guess the homer glasses are too thick!
Old 10-13-2017, 02:51 AM   #50
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonkaupp View Post
Despite what everyone doesn’t want to believe, as of right now Bennett isn’t all that great, he’s a top 9 player that wouldn’t make that many top 6 spots in the league. He’s young but I see everyone #### on other teams prospects that are younger with much less time to prove themselves. He’s gotta do something soon, anything under 40 points this year and we should admit that there is nothing special about him despite his lofty draft status. I fully think it’s time to give up on him becoming anything less than 3rd line quality at center, they have to try him on the wing... particularly when there’s an obvious prospect ready to take that center position. Lol at the Eichel/MacKinnon thing. Jfc.
This is the type of post usually reserved for Oiler fans because it's all about the point totals

Sam Bennett is playing just fine, once the revolving door of wingers settles down the points will come
Old 10-13-2017, 03:25 AM   #51
Reign of Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Its good that actual GMs show more patience than some of the Armchair GMs on here.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Reign of Fire For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2017, 03:54 AM   #52
Love
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by カナダ人です View Post
Came to this thread with genuine curiosity, but it looks like most fans think Bennett is basically untouchable? Eichel "might" get it done? I was hoping to see some interesting discussion but I guess the homer glasses are too thick!
I don't think people understood the premise of the thread... or just wanted to complain about something.... or both
The Following User Says Thank You to Love For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2017, 04:19 AM   #53
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
LOL at people thinking a #3C is going to fetch a #1RW.
People aren't all responding with what they think Bennett is worth, they are responding to "What kind of an offer would it take for you to trade Sam Bennett?" Are you surprised that a lopsided offer is what it would take?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Finger Cookin For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2017, 04:32 AM   #54
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

There is too much raw talent to be thinking of trading him now. Opposition GM's won't offer much in return and we could end up losing this trade down the road.
Old 10-13-2017, 06:29 AM   #55
Fan69
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Please look at Backlund history
He is 20 people.
Old 10-13-2017, 06:40 AM   #56
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You know who else you could have said this about at the start of his career? Mark Scheifele. Trading Sam Bennett now would be a huge mistake.
The Following User Says Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2017, 06:47 AM   #57
Monahan For Mayor
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I only move Bennett for a young cost controlled RS RW. One that we think would mesh well with the top line. Doesn't have to be a first line player because Bennett isn't worth that. Bennett is young yes, but i really don't see 60+ point production in him. I love the kid, so it would suck to see him go.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:33 AM   #58
Funkhouser
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I love Bennett but Brady Tkachuk would be awesome
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Funkhouser For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2017, 07:35 AM   #59
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

Depending on who gets Tkachuck, I would see how this year goes and try to make a deal but it would have to be Tkachuck2.0 + for Bennett
Old 10-13-2017, 07:41 AM   #60
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe969 View Post
Depending on who gets Tkachuck, I would see how this year goes and try to make a deal but it would have to be Tkachuck2.0 + for Bennett
This is about the only trade I would actually consider doing for Bennett but would largely depend on what the + would be along with Brady.

Gaudreau - Monahan - M. Tkachuk
B. Tkachuk - Backlund - Frolik
Ferland - Jankowski - Lazar

Solid top 9 with a good mix of young/prime/vet
The Following User Says Thank You to Heavy Jack For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread