Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-14-2016, 10:04 AM   #201
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

The immunity challenge was fine, it was that most of them didn't use all the blocks. I think Julie mentioned after "the trick was to use all the blocks!" Duh. Not sure why others didn't do that.

I get the feeling the super Idol gets played at some point, and it isn't good for the game. We know this show was filmed before the previous one. We also know that one didn't have a super Idol. If it was a good game mechanic, we would have seen it in the last series.
Old 04-14-2016, 10:36 AM   #202
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

That's why the immunity challenge was ugly for me.

If I was Tai, there's no way I would play the super idol, I have a guarantee of watching two of my enemies fall if I play them one at a time. I could even screw over the bullies, with a watcha gonna do I have two idols, I can rally people against you while protecting myself.

The super idol is cool in being able to play it after the vote is read.

I think the expectation from the two bullies is that Tai is going to give them back an idol if they need it.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 04-14-2016, 10:52 AM   #203
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not a fan of Tai joining in but it's interesting that he did so without witness and never said he did anything unlike the others. So I can't help but think he got the ultimate benefit from going along with the guys for a couple of days while not really putting a target on himself. And he can always go back to him saying he was the one who voted for Jason the other tribal as evidence that he has been playing them.

Now that Tai has both idols he can't give the one back and ruin what he gained. I'm really not sure what Scott and Jason are doing. They have made it completely impossible for them to win. It's one thing to play a villain strategy and quite another to do it to the point you've killed your chances halfway through.
Old 04-14-2016, 10:56 AM   #204
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Honestly how often do we see one person with two idols? Or two people with two idols who are working together and tell each other they have idols? I don't think this is a very common thing so for them to make it a super idol, it could have literally had no effect on this season (technically it still hasn't). So I don't mind that play at all, they needed to try something new, see how it works they might not ever do it again or it might work out so well for the show that it becomes a staple. I will never be disappointed in Survivor for trying new things, after so many years they have to do what they can to keep it fresh.

Glad to see Debbie gone, I agree with Aubry and the girls that she was a loose cannon and they needed to get rid of her. If I am Aubry I take Joe and the other girl with the dark hair, can't remember her name, not Cydney or Julia but thats my point, the two that have basically sat in the background doing nothing. You get out one of the three boys first, then you take Cydney out.
Old 04-14-2016, 11:29 AM   #205
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have to disagree on the super idol thing. The best part of the game is the psychological battle figuring out who to vote for to catch the other alliance off guard, knowing when to play an idol to save yourself and when to hang onto it, people going home with an idol in their pocket, etc. When Parvarti gave her 2 idols to her alliance members and flipped the votes that was great TV and she deserved to win for being a true mastermind. With this super idol you can be a complete moron and still be safe.

That being said the girls are crazy to have not voted for one of the guys, worst case scenario they force them to burn both idols and a girl goes home. Best case the boys get greedy and don't share, one of them goes home and then the girls have enough votes to use splits and get them off even with the idols.
Old 04-14-2016, 11:47 AM   #206
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Can you be a complete moron and still be safe? You either had to find two idols or you had to trust someone enough to give them your idol OR be slick enough to gain the trust of someone enough for them to give you THEIR idol.

I wouldn't say that a moron could pull that off, I would not call Tai a moron. The idol hasn't actually done anything yet I don't know why people are so offended by it.
Old 04-14-2016, 01:03 PM   #207
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Can you be a complete moron and still be safe?
My point was that if you have one of these "super" idols you can be totally oblivious to what is going on around you and still be completely safe (for one vote at least).

Quote:
You either had to find two idols or you had to trust someone enough to give them your idol OR be slick enough to gain the trust of someone enough for them to give you THEIR idol.
Finding an idol isn't exactly MENSA level stuff. Let's not forget that Alecia found the clue (not the sharpest knife) and then, after she trusted Cydney, Kyle and Scot basically bullied her off finding the idol. Neither of them are going to be building any rockets soon either.

Quote:
The idol hasn't actually done anything yet I don't know why people are so offended by it.
I don't like the whole idea of it, obviously you're okay with it, we're allowed to have different opinions.
Old 04-14-2016, 02:46 PM   #208
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Its going to be interesting because I believe that those two believe that if they go to Tai and say, we need those Idols to protect themselves at the next vote that he's going to hand them over.

Because of their bully boy antics, Tai would be incredibly popular with a jury and with tribe members if he went "Oh I'm supposed to give them back? Riiiight."

They've basically made a huge loyalty gamble.

Old 04-14-2016, 04:27 PM   #209
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm sure he has already handed one back. That was all a planned show. No way those guys are dumb enough to just turn it over to him.
Old 04-14-2016, 04:53 PM   #210
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I wouldn't, I don't care if I look like the biggest back stabbing jerk in the shows history.

There's no way I give them back.

Old 04-15-2016, 10:01 AM   #211
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Well I lost my first player with Debbie gone, and my other is Scott, so chances of me winning this one is slim to none. I actually didn't agree with getting rid of Debbie this week. She's a loose cannon but you could tell she really disliked the guys and there was no way she would flip. I would have kept her for another tribal or two. I think the girls and Joe put themselves in a more precarious position now.
Old 04-16-2016, 02:26 AM   #212
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Great episode.

The girls have to vote for one of Scott or Jason and Tai can sit back and let the votes go through, and hold onto the super-idol. That can be his big move - a blindside of Scott and Jason by not playing the idol.

Then he can ride it out until the final 5 or whatever and take his chances on getting to the final 3.
Old 04-16-2016, 12:12 PM   #213
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I wouldn't, I don't care if I look like the biggest back stabbing jerk in the shows history.

There's no way I give them back.
They probably wouldnt have given it to Tai to begin with if they felt he was untrustworthy. Knowing Tai, he very likely gave it back after the tribal
Old 04-20-2016, 07:37 PM   #214
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

Woah!!! Awesome ending tonight. Love it
Old 04-20-2016, 08:18 PM   #215
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Great episode!
Old 04-20-2016, 09:13 PM   #216
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

HA HAHAHAHA It took a week, but Tai did exactly what I thought he should do.

And Scott took an idol with him so there's no way that Jason can be saved now.

I give Audrey credit she's got a ton of sandpaper, but the guys are right, she's going to win if she hits the jury.

Julia is playing a very strong mental game right now as well.

Cydney needs to go home.

Old 04-20-2016, 09:25 PM   #217
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Wow, that sucks. Had both my picks 2 weeks ago now I'm out

Should be interesting next week, going to be lots of talking. Audrey and Tai are the two power players now, if they form an alliance and the others don't figure it out they'll both go a long ways.
Old 04-20-2016, 10:02 PM   #218
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow, that was quite an episode!

With Scot going home, CP loses JKFlames and KootenayFlames Fan

Scot going home with an Idol now removes the Super Idol from the game, unless there's another Idol hanging around somewhere unfound.

We also see the "Extra Vote" advantage coming back...though IIRC, this season was filmed before last, so this is technically the first time it's been used.

I'm impressed with Julie playing both sides of the fence, and with good logic. Scot and Jason were the two you wanted sitting beside you. But it'll be interesting to see what she does now. Looks like she's going to be petty next episode. I wonder if that's her life inexperience showing. Next episode would be a perfect time to jettison Jason and re-affirm herself with her the girls.

I'm liking Aubry's game, and just hope that she makes it to the end. Like CC, I think that if she can get TO the Jury Vote, she'll take it home.

Was it just me...or was Jason cheating in the Immunity Challenge. Seemed that several times I saw him with his thumb under the edge of the disc to lift it back up, and even occasionally angling the disc over the top edge, making it harder for it to slip. Jeff didn't catch it, if it was cheating, so it's a moot point, but I was wondering that, watching the challenge.
Old 04-20-2016, 10:27 PM   #219
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was an AMAZING episode. Intense challenges, lots of good strategy being shown, and one of the biggest blindsides ever. For me, it will probably be one of the most memorable things I've watched on this show.

I hope the Aubry / Tai duo sticks to the end. They're the two most likable. Aubry was a beast tonight, challenge wise and strategy wise.

I also hope the Mark the Chicken survives next week =(
Old 04-20-2016, 10:35 PM   #220
Flames0910
First Line Centre

Exp:

So dumb question but did Jason even have to give his idol to Scott? Couldn't he have played it for Scott even if it was in his possession? Or was their some fine print on the super idol that I'm not aware of?

(not that it would have made a difference for Scott, but he would still have an idol for future votes)