Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 10:01 AM   #4221
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Okay I fetched a comparison myself.

Allowed

Disallowed

I guess the difference was the Flames player being behind the goalie's skate as the puck came through.

Although Peluso's skate was more or less floating close by/behind, but there isn't any bumping of the goalie like the Oilers goal. I guess you're allowed to bump the goalie as long as there is a few second gap before the shot? Whereas being in the goalie's "path" is a no no, even with very slight to no contact when the save attempt is being made.

Last edited by djsFlames; 12-12-2018 at 10:06 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2018, 10:02 AM   #4222
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1072892697747193861
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2018, 10:02 AM   #4223
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
Their losing ways will be back soon enough.
It wouldnt be any fun if they never had any hope.

The best part of the rollercoaster is when its at the top and about to plunge.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 12-12-2018, 10:10 AM   #4224
goflamesgo18
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
Okay I fetched a comparison myself.

Allowed

Disallowed

I guess the difference was the Flames player being behind the goalie's skate as the puck came through.

Although Peluso's skate was more or less floating close by/behind, but there isn't any bumping of the goalie like the Oilers goal. I guess you're allowed to bump the goalie as long as there is a few second gap before the shot? Whereas being in the goalie's "path" is a no no, even with very slight to no contact when the save attempt is being made.
That was clearly interfering with goalies ability to make save. About half second before puck went in. The gif is slow motion. Different refs different opinions i guess. Need more consistency in this league
Old 12-12-2018, 10:12 AM   #4225
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by goflamesgo18 View Post
I thought the Flames goal could have gone either way because I don't think Peluso even touched Koskinen. Just sort of stood in his way (in the blue paint though).

Draisatl skated through the blue paint and made blatant contact with goalie, completely interfering with his ability to make save. This to me is 100% of the time "No Goal"
This is the definition of selective vision. Peluso was touching him the whole time and even was standing on his leg.

Draisaitl skated through and touched him but was out and didn’t interfere with his making the save.

The Following User Says Thank You to stang For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2018, 10:14 AM   #4226
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post

wouldn't that be an illustration though of a low skill slow team playing the trap?

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 12-12-2018, 10:16 AM   #4227
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang View Post
This is the definition of selective vision. Peluso was touching him the whole time and even was standing on his leg.

Draisaitl skated through and touched him but was out and didn’t interfere with his making the save.

What's done is done ... no big deal.

But they are pretty damn similar. Wouldn't you be guilty of selective vision to think they're not somewhat the same?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2018, 10:19 AM   #4228
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
wouldn't that be an illustration though of a low skill slow team playing the trap?
Hitchcock's Stars last year ...

51% CF
52% SCF
56% HDCF

7.7% SH%
93.1% SV%
1.00 PDO

So he doesn't write it up to be dominated in scoring chances. The Oilers are getting carried by a goaltender.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:20 AM   #4229
goflamesgo18
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

Wow. Selective vision is right. Standing on his leg? And Drai didnt interfere with him making the save?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to goflamesgo18 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2018, 10:21 AM   #4230
Sutter_in_law
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
No. It really wasn't, and no, he did not.

Peluso was right over Koskinen's left pad when the puck went in, and Koskinen was impeded from extending his leg all the way. Draisaitl bumped Grubauer on the leg right before the goal, but it was clearly less egregious than the one the Flames had called back on Sunday.

I think both goals could have been recalled, but it is easy to see why the respective calls were made.

But on that note...

No. Not even favourable goal-calls and officiating can save the Edmonton Oilers.

Nothing can.

Nothing.
Disagree that it was less egregious - look at how far he moves the goalies glove immediately before the puck goes by his glove

Quote:
That was clearly interfering with goalies ability to make save. About half second before puck went in. The gif is slow motion. Different refs different opinions i guess. Need more consistency in this league
Different refs, whatever. This was challenged and went to Toronto, that’s where the true consistency is needed when they can look at it over and over from multiple angles

Quote:

Selective vision is right. You can’t see that Draisaitl hitting the goalies glove impeded him from making the save? Come on man
Old 12-12-2018, 10:21 AM   #4231
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Quote:
What's done is done ... no big deal.

But they are pretty damn similar. Wouldn't you be guilty of selective vision to think they're not somewhat the same?
Somewhat. Maybe but here’s the puck going into the net.

One is definitely different.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:22 AM   #4232
goflamesgo18
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

Stang you obviously dont understand the rules.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:24 AM   #4233
goflamesgo18
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

So if I plow the goalie over but I am 2 feet away from him when puck goes into net, its a good goal.

Oiler fan logic
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to goflamesgo18 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2018, 10:25 AM   #4234
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't think either incident should have been a disallowed goal. I can see how anyone can make a case either way but I think they both should have been allowed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buff For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2018, 10:26 AM   #4235
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

Yeah cause they're different forms of interference, one is contact, and one is positioning, but what people are saying is it's basically the same degree of interference.

We've all seen those bumps get called as well.

So maybe fish the poop out of your cheerios and chill out a bit?
Old 12-12-2018, 10:27 AM   #4236
VilleN
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

Can you tell me what time in the video (ie 0:22) Peluso stands on Koskinens leg? Can't see it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VilleN For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2018, 10:29 AM   #4237
VilleN
First Line Centre

Exp:

Nm: was focused on the wrong leg... I see it now. These are always very close calls... could've gone either way, not too upset about it tbh.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:29 AM   #4238
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Quote:
f selective vision to think they're not somewhat the same?
Quote:
Wow. Selective vision is right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutter_in_law
Selective vision is right. You can’t see that Draisaitl hitting the goalies glove impeded him from making the save? Come on man
The selective vision part was quoting a guy who said Peluso didn’t touch the goalie and the Draisaitl made “blatant contact” like he ran him over.

Peluso was standing on his freaking leg. 100% should be disallowed. Even if the teams were switched.

Draisaitl’s is 50/50 don’t know what the nhl is going to say on a close one like that. No consistency
Old 12-12-2018, 10:30 AM   #4239
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The selective vision part was quoting a guy who said Peluso didn’t touch the goalie and the Draisaitl made “blatant contact” like he ran him over.

Peluso was standing on his freaking leg. 100% should be disallowed. Even if the teams were switched.

Draisaitl’s is 50/50 don’t know what the nhl is going to say on a close one like that. No consistency
Sorry, when or where did you see this? Please provide me with video/picture proof. I haven't seen Peluso standing on anybody's leg.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buff For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2018, 10:33 AM   #4240
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Quote:
So if I plow the goalie over but I am 2 feet away from him when puck goes into net, its a good goal.

Oiler fan logic
I understand the rules just fine thank you. The refs agree with me as well

He didn’t plow the goalie over. Wtf is your problem. He bumped his glove and the refs deemed it didn’t interfere with his ability to make a save.

Is it fair to say if I jump on the goalies leg when he’s trying to make a save it’s a good goal. Flame fan logic.
Closed Thread