- Too many high quality chances against once again
- Flames turning over too many pucks forcing plays that aren't there
- Patient Predators willing to take the spoils
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 07:04 AM   #2
roberts10
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Great write up as usual Bingo. Always appreciate the time and effort you put into these.
roberts10 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to roberts10 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2018, 08:06 AM   #3
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

thanks man

heads up that they may be abbreviated or missing this week when this final chemo course kicks in (likely Sunday). They're accumulative and the last one was rough.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2018, 10:44 AM   #4
Brick
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Mike Smith has had 4 sub-.900 save percentage games out of 6 games played so far this season.

In his first six starts in 2017-18, he had two sub-.900 save percentage games.
Brick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 10:52 AM   #5
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
thanks man

heads up that they may be abbreviated or missing this week when this final chemo course kicks in (likely Sunday). They're accumulative and the last one was rough.
Hope you’re able to enjoy the games. Feel free to post a single emoji that summarizes your mood.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 11:14 AM   #6
Freddy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Posters are generally blaming Flames woes on Smith and Brodie, but I appreciate Bingo shedding light on how much of a defensive liability our top line is. I think Lindholm is the perfect winger/ alternate center for that line, but that is a tough role given Gaudreau is soft on the boards & prone to high risk turnovers while Monahan doesn’t drive play or defend at a 1st line level. I don’t have answers to this issue, but if that line doesn’t give up as many juicy scoring chances on Smith I think our record would be better.
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 12:09 PM   #7
Brick
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Speaking of Brodie, he is the cause of way too many high danger chances.

He should be benched.

I know that is difficult right now with Hamonic out but they could always give Kylington a look.
Old 10-20-2018, 01:28 PM   #8
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Location: https://homestars.com/companies/2808346-keith-my-furnace-guy
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick View Post

He should be benched.

I know that is difficult right now with Hamonic out but they could always give Kylington a look.

I don’t think that Brody is going to Get benched. Peters will likely let him play it out. I think Brody is guilty of trying to do too much needs to be sat down and told just to ####ing play defense. Nothing else nothing fancy just do your job. Yeah I’d be great if you could contribute To offence but you’re not.

Geo can concentrate on the offence but that pair needs a rock And that’s what Gio is
EVERLAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 03:53 PM   #9
Brick
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Rittich should have started this game anyway. He won his last start. Go with the hot goalie...play until you lose...then switch...if both lose, call someone up.
Old 10-20-2018, 04:09 PM   #10
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
Posters are generally blaming Flames woes on Smith and Brodie, but I appreciate Bingo shedding light on how much of a defensive liability our top line is. I think Lindholm is the perfect winger/ alternate center for that line, but that is a tough role given Gaudreau is soft on the boards & prone to high risk turnovers while Monahan doesn’t drive play or defend at a 1st line level. I don’t have answers to this issue, but if that line doesn’t give up as many juicy scoring chances on Smith I think our record would be better.
Agreed and this is where watching games live vs. TV makes such a huge difference. I find it hard to evaluate how an entire unit plays in their own zone as the camera follows the puck. I suppose you can go back and watch the game again and look for such things but who has time for that.

In theory Lindholm should be helping that line defensively but its hard to figure out. Lindholm, Gaudreau and Monahan are all minus players despite putting up a bunch of points. They're getting torched.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 08:38 AM   #11
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick View Post

He should be benched.

I think Brodie can make mistakes, and the number reflect that, but he certainly isn't leading the team when it comes to the mistakes he makes per ice time.

The top line is all making giving up 18 high danger chances per 60 minutes which is terrible, only guy worse is Stone at 20, and he was pretty good on this stat last year.

Backlund, Tkachuk, Hanifin, Neal and Giordano are all also ahead of Brodie in this stat, who is middle of the pack.

He's had a couple of glaring ones in recent games, but he's not the club house leader in gaffs.

Sam Bennett is the leader in fewest mistakes per ice time at 10.5
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2018, 04:00 PM   #12
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

It could very easily be home stuff with Brodie. Which would make it impossible to judge from the outside what's best.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote