Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2017, 12:58 PM   #201
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

time for Ryan to go.

I am a fan of those who play the game, but I've got little time for players who are so weak physically and have to get everything handed to them - only to claim they are dominant socially.

Being inept at surviving does not make you a dominant social player. You need to grow, challenge yourself, etc

Dr Mike catching a fish
Cochrane winning immunity challenges

Ryan is the type of player that makes me want to turn the channel

Send him packing.
Old 11-09-2017, 02:28 PM   #202
red sky
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I just can't get into this season for some reason.

Big Survivor fan so I am not sure if the players are just unlikable, which a number of them are, or if there is another reason. First time in a long time that I have missed episodes.
red sky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to red sky For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2017, 02:31 PM   #203
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wasn't sure at the start, but the season is growing on me.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2017, 02:48 PM   #204
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

If Ben/Lauren were still undecided on who to vote with at the start of tribal, Joe pulling out his idol and Cole talking about how they found the previous one together pretty much cemented their decision to go against the healers. They're too strong. Joe is especially giving me Tony vibes.

I do like this season a lot, I hope there continues to be flipping between the three factions to keep it interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I hope they stop hiding the idol in the same place on different camps. We've seen it before where it almost guarantees the person who found it on one beech will find it again.

I'm not sure why they went for Jess. Was it just to break up her and Cole? If so, why not go for Cole? he seems the much bigger threat, and he is a bit of a dink.
She seemed the least likely out of her, Cole, and Joe to have an idol or have an idol played on her. Out of her and Cole she was definitely the brains of the two as well, so I don't think it was a bad move to target her especially with how Joe and Cole were bragging about finding all the idols during tribal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_carlson View Post
time for Ryan to go.

I am a fan of those who play the game, but I've got little time for players who are so weak physically and have to get everything handed to them - only to claim they are dominant socially.

Being inept at surviving does not make you a dominant social player. You need to grow, challenge yourself, etc

Dr Mike catching a fish
Cochrane winning immunity challenges

Ryan is the type of player that makes me want to turn the channel

Send him packing.
I agree, I hope he doesn't win. Getting into an argument with Ali at the start of last episode, then calling himself a great social player in a subsequent confessional annoys me along with the massive amount of airtime he gets. I really can't see him winning if he gets to the end, I don't think the jury will have the same perception of his game that he does and he hasn't created any meaningful connections outside of Devon and Chrissy.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 12:01 AM   #205
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I was somewhat distracted tonight while watching Survivor. Can someone explain why they took out Desi instead of Joe? That seemed weird to me. Desi was good in challenges, but didn't seem to have the social game to make a big move. Joe is no slouch in competition, and has shown an ability to shake things up.
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 12:46 AM   #206
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was surprised they took Desi instead of Joe too.

Maybe it would be better for the group of 7's chances of staying together for another vote by keeping Joe in the game, since he is such a target they can all agree on voting out together, in contrast to Desi who I could easily see integrating herself in the big alliance if she stayed, which would cause more temptation for this group to turn on each other.

Not a Ryan fan but that was a shrewd move getting the idol, then telling Chrissy to cover up the spot which caused the huge commotion. Had everyone snowed. It's amazing how oblivious and invisible JP is, he was right behind Ryan after the idol was found and didn't even look in his direction.

Underdog effect has me hoping Joe can find a way to get out of this but that seems impossible, especially now that Cole and Dr. Mike voted with everyone else tonight.

Cole should've have thrown out that plate after getting the clue. Once again too naive like he has been the entire game by thinking the others wouldn't find it.

I don't know how long Lauren can hold on to that extra vote but if she can take it to the final four she's golden.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:25 AM   #207
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Desi going home tonight takes jroc out of Pool A and killer_carlson out of Pool B with her

An interesting episode, I felt.

I like Lauren's secret advantage. That could really come in handy, and it really is quite an advantage.

The reward was interesting, especially with the clue on the plate. I liked how basically everyone was like "##### 'em, I'm eating as much as I want". When Cole found the clue, I have to admit, I was thinking of a way he could have hid it and I didn't come up with any, but I sure felt that putting the towel on the plate was a pretty dumb idea. I'm kind of wondering what Joe thought when he went to eat last, and saw a small pile of spaghetti on a towel waiting for him.

Kind of a shame about Desi, but not a shock. She was looking like a beast in challenges, but really didn't seem to have any sort of social game going on at all.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:19 PM   #208
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Not too sure what Mike was doing there at the end but whatever it was, it was ugly. Cole didn’t deserve to win and it was only a matter of time. Meanwhile Ben should be nervous as anything. The second the group is telling you they think your the “king” or literally telling you that you seem to have too much control, that is not a good thing in this game. Ben is overplaying it.

Bet he’s next to go, or will be soon. Played himself into a box.

Lastly, is JP even a contestant on this show? He has had like 4 lines all season. No way he wins as he’s one of those floaters that doesn’t get involved. These guys usually make it to the end but then lose when the jury realizes they didn’t do anything at all.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Coffee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2017, 06:43 AM   #209
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

yeah, Dr. Mike isn't much of a finesse player but he made his play to stir up trouble at the tribal. He is a likeable guy should he somehow make it to the end and he'll at least have "something" on his report card for game play. Some of the others do not have anything.

That they also put their votes against Ben was another good move as it showed the other players they are prepared to be involved in a big move, should someone want to.

How about that immunity challenge win? That would have been a tough one. Good for her for getting it done.
Old 11-23-2017, 09:08 AM   #210
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_carlson View Post
That they also put their votes against Ben was another good move as it showed the other players they are prepared to be involved in a big move, should someone want to.
They voted for Cole. Cole voted for Ben.

So it was especially weird; even if Mike was the target and the immunity idol worked out, Cole still would have gone home and they would still be down 7 vs 2. I have no idea what Mike was doing other than maybe thinking long term and trying to show he was willing to play from the bottom and instead of being picked off.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2017, 11:00 PM   #211
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Desi is stunning, is what I took away from that episode.
Acey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Acey For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2017, 07:20 PM   #212
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Desi's Ponderosa

Old 11-24-2017, 08:13 PM   #213
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

With Cole leaving, Pool B loses cammy13

Not much with this episode. It was interesting enough, but nothing really stand-out.

I did like the Immunity challenge. It's nice to see some new ones, and having to squat...that'd be a killer, to be sure.

Next episode looks like things really start to happen as the "Round Table" continues to fracture.
Old 11-24-2017, 08:26 PM   #214
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cole's Ponderosa

Old 11-24-2017, 08:51 PM   #215
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

My two picks are still in, but it would have been nice to see Ben be more low key and just go with the flow. Insisting on his vote put a target on his back. Too bad, he was doing some smooth sailing up until this last episode.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 09:49 PM   #216
Guest1

I would kill for Desi's quads.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:41 PM   #217
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Heads up, 2 hour episode tonight.
Old 11-29-2017, 10:00 PM   #218
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Pretty solid episode. Lots of moving parts. Ashley has really raised her game. I can't remember the last time I had both picks still alive this late in the game, feels like it's been a while.

Next week should be a great show. Game on!
The Following User Says Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2017, 10:03 PM   #219
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

JP going home takes Iceman57 out of Pool B

Part one was pretty good. That was some good playing by just about everyone involved except for JP, who's never really played very well.

I am pretty impressed with Ben and his acting. I'm almost a bit impressed with Devon for coming up with the 'mole' idea in the first place.

It's nice to see JP go, honestly. Feels like the 8 left are here to play. My jury's still out on Ashley, but the other 7 all came to play it seems.

Last edited by WhiteTiger; 11-29-2017 at 10:15 PM.
Old 11-29-2017, 11:01 PM   #220
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Devon is starting to come on strong now, hope he can pull off the win. Will be interesting to see if keeping Ben will backfire but I think keeping him is the right move for now. A little bit funny at how everyone's worried about Ben winning the jury votes if he gets to the end - I think Devon is more likely to sweep the jury votes.

That lead up to the first vote was so good. And I'm glad Jeff didn't ruin the blindside during tribal, you could see how eager those four were to get straight to the vote after how long they had been talking.

Pretty satisfying to see Chrissy and Ryan get played like that and get desperate. Great acting job by Ben! Joe is a really good sport, he took the elimination well. JP not getting a post-voteout confessional is so fitting for him.

Last edited by mile; 11-29-2017 at 11:04 PM.