Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2022, 01:39 PM   #161
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Fellow CP'er Josef and I actually got into a fist fight on the concourse with some Vancouver fans, one of which fell into a lady the row below them. Guy said sorry, and then when the woman and her husband turned around they laughed and high fived each other.

Poor lady bit her tongue and had blood all over her chin and clothing.

Josef yelled at them in German (even scared me), and then later settled it.

You just went up on the cool scale a bunch of notches.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 01:43 PM   #162
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Fellow CP'er Josef and I actually got into a fist fight on the concourse with some Vancouver fans, one of which fell into a lady the row below them. Guy said sorry, and then when the woman and her husband turned around they laughed and high fived each other.

haha I remember that!!
looooob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 02:23 PM   #163
Macman
Self Imposed Retirement

Exp:

I had a couple girls fall on me and spill beer all over me once at a concert, my initial reaction was to rage but they apologized and it was quite fun actually.

I’m not suggesting this person here should look at it as a fun experience either, it does appear to me to be racially motivated.

Last edited by Macman; 05-19-2022 at 02:33 PM.
Macman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 02:34 PM   #164
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

That's insane. You're lucky you're alive.
Old 05-19-2022, 02:45 PM   #165
JackIsBack
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I think there are many of us on here and at the game, that if we saw a racially motivated attack, we'd do something, we'd at least say something - that's why there is something not quite right about calling this a racially motivated attack after hearing only one side of the story and no third party witnesses. I'm not saying it's not possible... but I'd stand up for anyone being racially targeted and so too would the vast majority of Flames fans - and this event took place in a very public place. There is another side to this - guaranteed, and it will make more sense once we hear it.
JackIsBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 02:46 PM   #166
BoLevi
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackIsBack View Post
I think there are many of us on here and at the game, that if we saw a racially motivated attack, we'd do something, we'd at least say something - that's why there is something not quite right about calling this a racially motivated attack after hearing only one side of the story and no third party witnesses. I'm not saying it's not possible... but I'd stand up for anyone being racially targeted and so too would the vast majority of Flames fans - and this event took place in a very public place. There is another side to this - guaranteed, and it will make more sense once we hear it.
You'd sit by with popcorn and watch a "non-racially motivated attack"?
BoLevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 03:12 PM   #167
kermitology
It's not easy being green!

Exp:

Working at the dome back in 2004 and earlier, these kinds of things happened so often. I caught a guy falling down the stairs in section 215 and managed to dump him into a seat, then he proceeded to drunkenly tell me that he had saved my life.

Or the time I had enough of Cory Sarich's dad beaking off to Flames fans after game 4 of the Final and he started yapping at me and I yelled at him to just go ahead and punch me before Tiger stepped in and got everyone to walk away.
Old 05-19-2022, 03:21 PM   #168
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I don't understand getting that intoxicated at a hockey game.

I get going for a solid 2 or 3 beer heroin buzz, but not to where you've compromised your coordination, especially when there are so many places where you can take a brutal spill. Then add in potential heated exchanges between fans and its just a bad environment to be juiced out of your mind.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 04:21 PM   #169
Tiger
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermitology View Post

Or the time I had enough of Cory Sarich's dad beaking off to Flames fans after game 4 of the Final and he started yapping at me and I yelled at him to just go ahead and punch me before Tiger stepped in and got everyone to walk away.
Yep... that did happen!
Old 05-19-2022, 06:14 PM   #170
FlatLandFlamesFan
Scoring Winger

Exp:

So the accused says he was pushed ?

wouldn't a normal reaction be to stop and make sure the elderly man was ok? not just take off

Trial by social media is just wrong , but if your dealings with the police lead to "he said he was pushed " and that ends the investigation .Maybe I wouldn't have much faith in the Police either. and would look to draw attention to it to put pressure on them to do a better job.
And maybe get the attention of someone who witnessed the occurrence and realize that they should share what they saw.
Don't know if the investigation is "ongoing" or closed so we may see yet

I'm not sure how many of you are people of colour , but those of you that are (like me) will understand the micro-aggressions that are sent at us.
Some people will take a presented opportunity to deal a blow to anyone they can . It can be the most innocent in appearance but vile in nature don't kid yourself
FlatLandFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlatLandFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2022, 07:15 PM   #171
CF84
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatLandFlamesFan View Post
So the accused says he was pushed ?

wouldn't a normal reaction be to stop and make sure the elderly man was ok? not just take off

Trial by social media is just wrong , but if your dealings with the police lead to "he said he was pushed " and that ends the investigation .Maybe I wouldn't have much faith in the Police either. and would look to draw attention to it to put pressure on them to do a better job.
And maybe get the attention of someone who witnessed the occurrence and realize that they should share what they saw.
Don't know if the investigation is "ongoing" or closed so we may see yet

I'm not sure how many of you are people of colour , but those of you that are (like me) will understand the micro-aggressions that are sent at us.
Some people will take a presented opportunity to deal a blow to anyone they can . It can be the most innocent in appearance but vile in nature don't kid yourself
It is reported that the accused apologized to the man who's knee was injured, whether that is true or not. It is also reported that the attack happened right after the overtime goal was scored. I can only speculate, but I would be shocked if anyone was thinking about anything other than the Flames victory at that moment. It is very possible that this was just an accident during a celebration with some inebriated fans, but people can also be surprisingly awful.

Social media trials are strange...I hate that I saw the picture of the alleged perpetrators, and I immediately placed blame on them without knowing the truth.
CF84 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CF84 For This Useful Post: