Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2022, 02:53 PM   #61
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OminousFlames View Post
I don't have instagram, so no idea what is being added.
Posted the text from one of the updates.
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 02:56 PM   #62
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
Kind of off topic, but the people who make fake jerseys spend so little time on obvious details.
Like the NHL who, on their website, are using the old logo on their playoff bracket.

You’d think a professional league would use the current logos of its teams in any publications but, here we are.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 03:13 PM   #63
GullFoss
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpdust View Post
Wow, the alleged people are identified as well as one of their employers, now for an investigation.
Where?
GullFoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 04:30 PM   #64
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

Uncle was wearing a knockoff jersey too. Normally that would be grounds for at least a stern stinkeye.
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 04:32 PM   #65
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm...still not seeing anything racist about this in the updates? This is an assault, and needs to be looked at it as such, but for it being such a "1000% racially motivated" incident...they seem to refuse to indicate to anyone how they are so sure it's racially motivated.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 04:41 PM   #66
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
I'm...still not seeing anything racist about this in the updates? This is an assault, and needs to be looked at it as such, but for it being such a "1000% racially motivated" incident...they seem to refuse to indicate to anyone how they are so sure it's racially motivated.

Are they steadfastly refusing? I don’t have instagram, is there some chat string they are interacting with? Or are we staring at their posts and the detail isn’t there

Are we hoping the perp gives examples of some of his fellow caulkasians he has assaulted?
DeluxeMoustache is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 05:29 PM   #67
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie Dunlop View Post
Uncle was wearing a knockoff jersey too. Normally that would be grounds for at least a stern stinkeye.
Not a knockoff. It's one of those that were sold at Costco a few years ago.

Fully licensed merchandise.
Old 05-17-2022, 05:33 PM   #68
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Not a knockoff. It's one of those that were sold at Costco a few years ago.

Fully licensed merchandise.
Really?

My bad.
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 05:55 PM   #69
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I am certain we've all seen the video of some dirtbag walking by and pushing an elderly Asian lady to the ground for no other reason than being Asian and thinking it's her fault that the pandemic started. So why is it so hard to believe someone wouldn't push an Indian (I assume he's Indian) man just for being Indian and wearing a turban.

I do find it strange there are 2 very clearly posed pictures of the accused...not really together either.
Old 05-17-2022, 06:01 PM   #70
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
I am certain we've all seen the video of some dirtbag walking by and pushing an elderly Asian lady to the ground for no other reason than being Asian and thinking it's her fault that the pandemic started. So why is it so hard to believe someone wouldn't push an Indian (I assume he's Indian) man just for being Indian and wearing a turban.

I do find it strange there are 2 very clearly posed pictures of the accused...not really together either.
I find that strange

If somebody ran in front of you and put up a phone like they were going to take a picture, think they may catch your attention? Enough to look at them?
DeluxeMoustache is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 06:09 PM   #71
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:

I don’t think anyone is accusing them of lying. Its totally believable that something like this could happen. But it’s just…odd. Posted to insta first without going to the police or the hospital, the accusation of a family member saying it was racially motivated with no further details, the pictures of the “accused” looking like they’re smiling, the lack of details surrounding the incident.

It might be true but it’s a really weird way to approach a racially motivated attack.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2022, 06:12 PM   #72
Gemnoble
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinit47 View Post
And obviously named from CSEC events for life.
Assuming you mean banned here, Ive always wondered how they can enforce such a thing at a place with such large crowds.

I hope these people serve time for assault.
Gemnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 06:16 PM   #73
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It's not hard to believe at all. But it is not very obvious if someone 'just' pushes someone else WHY they did it.

In this particular case, they've claimed from the start that it was clearly racist...which is usually accompanied by why they feel that way.

Were the people seated nearby and making disparaging remarks to/about/near him all game? Were they walking by and uttered a slur before pushing him? Did they snatch at his turban? What did they do that was 'clearly racist' that turned this from a pair of drunk ******'es being drunk ######s and hurting someone into a pair of drunk *******'es being racial ******'s and hurting someone. That's what folks want to know.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 06:20 PM   #74
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemnoble View Post
Assuming you mean banned here, Ive always wondered how they can enforce such a thing at a place with such large crowds.

I hope these people serve time for assault.
You could chance it, but could be charged with trespassing. Not a problem if you behave and keep to yourself. So the ban does what it needs to.
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 06:35 PM   #75
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

There has to many witnesses being a crowded area. I imagine the police are busy trying to track people down who were in the area at the time. It's not like it was in a back alley somewhere. It was in a busy public area.
Old 05-17-2022, 07:18 PM   #76
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

Some more info from Daily Hive.

Quote:
“At the time of the winning overtime goal while spectators were standing in celebration, a man was reportedly pushed from behind, causing him to fall on to the seats below him,” said the Calgary police.

The man received minor injuries, according to police, and it was also reported that the person who pushed the man apologized. Calgary police told Daily Hive that the man stated it was an accident, as he too had been shoved from behind during the commotion.
https://dailyhive.com/calgary/calgar...lt-flames-game
Old 05-17-2022, 07:48 PM   #77
DJones
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhettzky View Post
Well let's hope there's some witnesses to verify. Should be tons of them
DJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 08:42 PM   #78
Burning Beard
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhettzky View Post
I went to the game with my friend and his dad and the same thing happened. When Johnny scored some dude came flying down from a few rows up and hammered him from behind. We were in the front row of the section so my friends dad got knocked into the railing. He was pretty banged up so I had to give him a ride home.

He is Caucasian so it was definitely not racism in this case, but drunk people standing up fast tend to have poor balance and stupid things can happen.
Burning Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 08:57 PM   #79
chedder
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

This is likely a case of drunkenness. And it's gonna get much worse this round. Brace yourselves.

The guys behind me on Sunday were absolutely trashed and annoying as hell. F Bombs ever other word, talking nonsense, barely watching the game. Never understood being so wasted you don't know where you are for a hockey game after spending hundreds on tickets etc.
chedder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chedder For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2022, 09:02 PM   #80
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

So to this point, the only evidence we have that it was racially motivated is that the defendant is a visible minority - is that correct?
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote