Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2018, 08:51 AM   #21
craigwd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
Was there ever a time when it a popular sport?, I'm guessing its popularity now is about the same it was a decade ago, another minor sport that no one cares about except during the Olympics, much like every Olympic sport, any one go out and watch some rhythmic gymnastics or ice dancing lately?
If you go to European world cups it's one of the most well attended winter sports. Crowds there are insane.
Our best men's jumper, Mackenzie Boyd-Clowes is pretty much a kind of twitter rock star, he has a big online following.

Rhythmic is also quite popular, in the Eastern Bloc especially, with loud crowds during the World Championships. As for Ice Dancing, among skating fans it's the most talked about discipline after men's skating.
craigwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 06:23 PM   #22
Rutuu
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigwd View Post
If you go to European world cups it's one of the most well attended winter sports. Crowds there are insane.
Our best men's jumper, Mackenzie Boyd-Clowes is pretty much a kind of twitter rock star, he has a big online following.

Rhythmic is also quite popular, in the Eastern Bloc especially, with loud crowds during the World Championships. As for Ice Dancing, among skating fans it's the most talked about discipline after men's skating.
My gf used to do rythmic, so we went when the Commonwealth Games were here. I was skeptical, but i crushed 9 beers and watched some talented people do amazing tricks with the hoop, ball and ribbon. It really was a great time, so if you get the chance check it out.
Rutuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 06:34 PM   #23
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigwd View Post

I wouldn't doubt any of this but it's still barely the line up for the toilets for a soccer game in most European cities
, I love cycling but outside of the tours it is a tiny sport
afc wimbledon is online now   Reply With Quote