The other forgotten man is Jesse King who was the big off season acquisition
He is probably their best passer when back healthy
Jiri Hrdina is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2019, 07:47 PM   #42
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

i assume Dickson and Berg are still not signed. If this team thinks that because they are 3-1, they can let this go on, they are sadly mistaken. The roughnecks haven't played anyone decent yet. get it done, this is embarrassing.
dirk diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 09:25 AM   #43
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk diggler View Post
i assume Dickson and Berg are still not signed. If this team thinks that because they are 3-1, they can let this go on, they are sadly mistaken. The roughnecks haven't played anyone decent yet. get it done, this is embarrassing.
Rumor on twitter this morning that Dickson signed, haven't seen any confirmation though. Not even sure if he would be with the team tonight on short notice if he did.

As a related aside, there is so damn little out there for good NLL news. Inside Lacrosse has some stuff, but there is certainly no CP equivalent. Just too small of a fan base I suppose.

Confirmed: https://lacrossebucket.com/2019/01/1...-with-calgary/

Last edited by InglewoodFan; 01-12-2019 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Found confirmation
InglewoodFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 11:10 PM   #44
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

wow that was as bad as i have seen the roughnecks play. Dickson was awful but he was far from the only one. the score flattered Calgary, a 6 goal defeat that should have been about 12. they did not come to play
Old 01-12-2019, 11:20 PM   #45
cavalera403
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Ugly passing all night and the shot selection mostly into people was fun to watch. Also nice of them to show up mid way into the second quarter kind of.
cavalera403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 01:48 AM   #46
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

They’ve been giving breakaways all game to New England. No wonder why we got lit up as much as we did

I didn’t understand why they pulled Del Bianco after 4 goals against and then only to send him back in
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 09:38 AM   #47
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorch View Post
They’ve been giving breakaways all game to New England. No wonder why we got lit up as much as we did

I didn’t understand why they pulled Del Bianco after 4 goals against and then only to send him back in
Give him a breather and chance to refocus
Didn’t work but it is a very common move
Jiri Hrdina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 10:44 AM   #48
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

That was awful, so many turnovers. Team was overall pretty flat all night, Boushy was a bit of a highlight. 6 goals 4 games into his rookie season. Malawasky's post game comments included "Meh, it happens in the NLL sometimes" (paraphrasing). The lack of accountability has to go. Weakest game I've seen so far from Del Bianco, and Richards as a back-up doesn't give me a ton of reassurance. Dickson was a step slow, but reasonable given that he hasn't played in a while. Our defensive plan can be best described as "turnstile". Burton was better than he has been on face-offs, we just couldn't seem to do much with the possessions. All in all, this was the first game in 7 years of going to the Necks that we have thought about leaving early. Most of our row of STH did.

In unrelated NLL news, not a good look for the Wings in-game announcer saying they should chop off Lyle Thompson's braid. #### that racist piece of ####.
Old 01-19-2019, 01:08 PM   #49
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

Roughnecks blown out by the expansion San Diego Seals. this is a very average team that needs a shakeup. Board and Malawasky need to go. didnt see the game but saw the score and the shot total against (62). time to make some moves. Signing Berg might be a start, i assume he hasnt signed yet?
Old 01-19-2019, 07:40 PM   #50
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Watched the game on BR Live (as an aside, worked fantastic Chromecasting it to my TV) and the Necks were definitely meh. Frankie played well for Seals, Del Bianco had another shaky night. Was mostly watching the Flames game but when I did watch the lacrosse our offensive sets looked really awkward. Dickson down the middle, low percentage shots in general. Our D continues to lose track of attackers.

San Diego went on a 9-2 run after a pretty close early game at 5-5. Yeah, we outscored the in the fourth but when it mattered we had no answer. Malawsky continues to seem ineffective at changing his game plan when things start to go off the rails.

Bell was back, still no Berg. Boushy continues his goal a game streak, great for a 21 yr old. Staats is a stud for SD. Plus they have Merrill, Dawson, etc.

Losing Scigs hurts the Necks bad, no reliable backup when our still 21 year old goalie has a bad night. After Board went to great lengths to assure STH that we wouldn't lose either goalie in the expansion draft the whole thing just pisses me off.
Old 01-20-2019, 08:59 PM   #51
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

0-2 weekend against an expansion team and a winless team. Ward played great today for Mammoth, but our offence just looks lost.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:45 PM   #52
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Much better game from the 'Necks against the Rock. Del Bianco had a solid game, as opposed to Rose who looked completely lost on a couple of goals. Rock did a good job shutting down Dickson but Duch and transition picked up the slack. First solid four quarters I've seen all season, and it was enough to take down a top end opponent.

Disappointed we traded Boushy, kid was playing well and in my opinion the team needs to get younger. Just a numbers game on the right side I guess.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:48 PM   #53
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

Agreed, much better game. was nice to see the refs actually call the blatant high hits of the Rock. usually the center of the universe gets a lot of the calls their way.
Old 03-27-2019, 08:54 AM   #54
jeffporfirio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Don't know if this question goes here, and I apologies if it does not.
Would anyone know where I can buy a family pack 'Necks tickets (something similar to what Coop does with the hitmen)?
Asked my local Coop and they said they didn't do that for the 'Necks.

I want to to take the kids to their first NLL game before the season ends.

Thanks
jeffporfirio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 09:40 AM   #55
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

They do it internally now: https://calgaryroughnecks.com/familypack/

Also: https://www.reddit.com/r/Calgary/com..._201819_offer/
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Resolute 14 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2019, 06:05 PM   #56
Kerplunk
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Just got an email saying the April 13 game has been moved up to April 12 at 7:30, due to the NHL playoffs.
Kerplunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 10:55 AM   #57
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

Wow the necks were overmatched by an expansion team last night. what a terrible organization, you trade a solid scorer in Cattoni for a guy who doesnt play all year and you dont sign Berg. thats 2 of your top 4 scorers not on the floor. How does Board keep his job? Malawasky needs to go as well. the Seals were so much faster and aggressive out there
The Following User Says Thank You to dirk diggler For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2019, 01:07 PM   #58
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Dickson looked a bit better than he has the last couple of games, but nothing near last couple of seasons. But the rest of the team, I don't even have much to say. Just a poor performance on both ends. Lack of hustle on transition, Delbs looking a bit shaky (but Malawsky never takes him out, even for a few mins), defense letting Dawson just position wherever he wants.

Board and Malawsky have to go, but the team just keeps extending them. What incentive does CSEC even have? We are likely top 3 or 4 in attendance, consistently make the playoffs (since Warriors are even worse), merch sales still look strong.

At least the Warriors are rolling out a lot of young talent, Roughnecks don't seem to acknowledge the makeup of the team needs to evolve. At this point, do we just assume the Necks have given up on Berg? Seems astoundingly petty and short sighted, the amount of money at issue is likely less than the Flames stick budget for a month.

For the first time ever, we just walked out last night. 5 mins left, there was no sense in staying. 7 years as STH, first time that has happened.
Old 03-31-2019, 03:24 PM   #59
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodFan View Post
Dickson looked a bit better than he has the last couple of games, but nothing near last couple of seasons. But the rest of the team, I don't even have much to say. Just a poor performance on both ends. Lack of hustle on transition, Delbs looking a bit shaky (but Malawsky never takes him out, even for a few mins), defense letting Dawson just position wherever he wants.

Board and Malawsky have to go, but the team just keeps extending them. What incentive does CSEC even have? We are likely top 3 or 4 in attendance, consistently make the playoffs (since Warriors are even worse), merch sales still look strong.

At least the Warriors are rolling out a lot of young talent, Roughnecks don't seem to acknowledge the makeup of the team needs to evolve. At this point, do we just assume the Necks have given up on Berg? Seems astoundingly petty and short sighted, the amount of money at issue is likely less than the Flames stick budget for a month.

For the first time ever, we just walked out last night. 5 mins left, there was no sense in staying. 7 years as STH, first time that has happened.

Seems odd to me that they somehow cant get Berg signed but teams with a lot more talent can get all their players signed. agreed, what does it matter to the Flames, this is minor league to them. Between this teams lack of direction and bad moves and some of the people in our section walking in front of us half the game, we likely wont renew and i have had tickets since day 1.
The Following User Says Thank You to dirk diggler For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2019, 12:17 AM   #60
Julio
First Line Centre

Exp:

Huge win over Georgia tonight.

Tags
lacrosse , nll , roughnecks