Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-18-2019, 12:06 AM   #3121
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

So... is it a joke... or what? I’m not sure what I’m supposed to feel with that trailer.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 09:35 AM   #3122
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
hmm guess Fury got bought back.

Sandman?
Spoiler for those who havnt seen Infinity War.
Spoiler!
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 09:44 AM   #3123
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
Spoiler!

I keep

Spoiler!

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 10:08 AM   #3124
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I keep

Spoiler!
Spoiler!
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 10:48 AM   #3125
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
Spoiler!
Spoiler!
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 11:02 AM   #3126
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

I think we can get rid of the spoiler tags, Infinity War has been on Netflix for weeks now. Anyone worrying about spoilers because they haven't seen it have only themselves to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Spoiler!
That's just par for the course for MCU. We're already in a world where aliens attacking Earth is a common occurrence and nothing has really changed around daily life
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2019, 12:13 PM   #3127
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Spoiler!
Spoilers for speculation about Infinity War sequel and stuff from the comic books:

Spoiler!
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 01:37 PM   #3128
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

To me if it's post IW and uses the timestone or anything like that, that kind for spoils End Game. You want to go into that movie not knowing how anything will play out for all of the characters.

That's why I figured it's taking place before IW, similar to Antman & The Wasp which was also released post IW but based before it.

Will be interesting to see how it fits in with everything.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 12:23 AM   #3129
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
I think we can get rid of the spoiler tags, Infinity War has been on Netflix for weeks now. Anyone worrying about spoilers because they haven't seen it have only themselves to blame

That's just par for the course for MCU. We're already in a world where aliens attacking Earth is a common occurrence and nothing has really changed around daily life
That's an interesting point. If earth was attacked tomorrow, and a super team fended it off, would your daily routine change? Can it change?

Holy crap New York just got leveled and this that and the other thing happened.. but I live in Saskatchewan.. so does it have a direct affect on me?

It's like a lake, the rock hit new york, the ripples floated all the way out to us.. we felt it, but was the impact that big that far away?

What happened in your daily routine when the trade center got hit?

I'm not arguing with you on this, more so exploring, its just a point I never really thought about before in regards to these movies.
Old 01-20-2019, 10:28 AM   #3130
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Teaser for the upcoming Ghostbusters movie from Jason Reitman. Apparently this will be a true sequel to the original two films and will completely ignore the 2016 reboot.

Love that they use the original score in the teaser, and those old-school sound effects are glorious.

direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2019, 11:56 PM   #3131
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
Teaser for the upcoming Ghostbusters movie from Jason Reitman. Apparently this will be a true sequel to the original two films and will completely ignore the 2016 reboot.

Love that they use the original score in the teaser, and those old-school sound effects are glorious.

Thats great, I would argue that just making the movie contiguous with the two old movies fans would have adapted to the Kristen Wigg version better. Also if they hadn't played the movie a little more straight, I was never convinced in that movie the characters believed in the universe they were occupying.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 10:39 AM   #3132
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
That's an interesting point. If earth was attacked tomorrow, and a super team fended it off, would your daily routine change? Can it change?

Holy crap New York just got leveled and this that and the other thing happened.. but I live in Saskatchewan.. so does it have a direct affect on me?

It's like a lake, the rock hit new york, the ripples floated all the way out to us.. we felt it, but was the impact that big that far away?

What happened in your daily routine when the trade center got hit?

I'm not arguing with you on this, more so exploring, its just a point I never really thought about before in regards to these movies.
That's kinda been my big issue with comics in general. It's pretty much accepted that if Earth ever made contact with sentient life from another planet, it would be the biggest moment in human history. But in comics it's just another Tuesday

Lets say the first Avengers plot actually happens, aliens invade New York and we somehow survive. I think at that point a lot of nationalistic ideals get thrown out the window and a new cooperative space race begins. Suddenly NASA isn't working with a shoestring budget, they get to tap into the largest military budget in the world now that the US has been directly attacked. And it's now been 7 years since that event, the same amount of time between JFK saying "We choose to go to the moon" and actually getting there. I think in that time frame we'd see a hell of a lot of progress compared to what the Marvel movies have shown
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 10:45 AM   #3133
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Do we need spoiler tags for IW anymore?
Spoiler!

Last edited by Fuzz; 01-21-2019 at 10:49 AM.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 05:44 PM   #3134
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Do we need spoiler tags for IW anymore?
Spoiler!
Actually I think they were pretty consistent about this.

Dr. Strange never really mentioned not knowing Spiderman, just that he was confused about the relationship between him and Iron Man. He had no reason to think they knew each other, much less worked closely together.

The Galaxy is a big place, makes sense than a group of Misfits would have no clue who Thor is (although they did connect them by having Rocket know of Nivadalir). And both knowing the Collector and Knowhere.

Where did you notice inconsistency?
Old 01-21-2019, 05:53 PM   #3135
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

I'm not sure Spiderman would necessarily show up on anyone's radar as an extremely powerful being. Yes he can stick to stuff and is pretty strong and fast, but he's not commanding any kind of cosmic power.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 08:59 PM   #3136
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
Actually I think they were pretty consistent about this.

Dr. Strange never really mentioned not knowing Spiderman, just that he was confused about the relationship between him and Iron Man. He had no reason to think they knew each other, much less worked closely together.

The Galaxy is a big place, makes sense than a group of Misfits would have no clue who Thor is (although they did connect them by having Rocket know of Nivadalir). And both knowing the Collector and Knowhere.

Where did you notice inconsistency?
Yep, and Bruce had been away for 3 or 4 years in the time he was gone he missed the origin of Spider-man and Ant-man. So his joke "wait there's a Spiderman and an Antman." was a nod to the consistency they have shown in this.

Dr strange used the time stone to undo all of the damage of his film, so there is no reason for anyone to have known who we was.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 09:58 AM   #3137
psyang
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

This has me really excited. The entire film is 100% archival footage and audio, based on large caches of new footage and audio that they recently discovered. The video quality is jaw-dropping.

psyang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to psyang For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2019, 12:06 PM   #3138
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

It will be great to see a movie filmed on a sound stage about a movie that was filmed on a sound stage.

I keed

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2019, 02:04 PM   #3139
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

What's with all these movies filming sequels and prequels with such odd numbers.

Like Star Wars started at Episode 4, did 5 & 6, went back for 1,2&3 and then to 7,8 &9. Like, why not do it in order?

Ocean's started at #11, did 12 and 13 and then 8.

Now the Apollo film series did 13 and now 11.

When is Ocean's and Apollo going to complete their series?
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Buff For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2019, 02:50 PM   #3140
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Apollo 1 didn't have a very nice ending, so I can see why they didn't want to start with that one.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote