Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2019, 05:00 PM   #61
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
Why don't they call obvious hooks, slashes, dives and trips?

That's an odd hill of dirt you are choosing to die on.
I don't think you know what that means. He asked why they haven't been calling it if it's a rule. You're likely right about why they aren't calling it, but you're always so aggressive and provocative in your posts for no reason.

Dying on his hill would be if someone said they have been calling it and he countered that they weren't. He wasn't defending or standing by anything, just asking. You respond weirdly sometimes.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 05:01 PM   #62
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

No chance we see 10 minute OT
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 05:23 PM   #63
Reign of Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Getting rid of the shootout wasn't proposed?

12 13 14 2 34
Reign of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 05:34 PM   #64
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign of Fire View Post
Getting rid of the shootout wasn't proposed?
Unless I missed something, none of the stuff that fans actually care about were discussed (are they ever?). Just goes to show how out of touch the NHL is with fans. That, or the GMs and owners are happy with the way things are.

Things like extra clocks and helmets in warmups. Since when have fans EVER cared about dumb things like that? Where's the discussion on no shootouts? The inconsistent reffing? You know, things that fans actually CARE about. Don't tell me the league isn't aware of it. It's quite literally the 2 main things everyone talks about. But no, clocks faceoffs and helmets. Surely those are things that will fix the game!

I guess the league is happy with boring shootouts, or inconsistent reffing that changes as the game goes along.

Last edited by Huntingwhale; 03-07-2019 at 05:39 PM.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2019, 05:50 PM   #65
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

They should've focused on what actually goaltender interference is. It's appualling how acceptable the vagueness and inconsistency of rulings are on it.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 05:53 PM   #66
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45 View Post
Cages? There will be another lockout if you try to get pro hockey players to wear a cage

Hamonic wouldn’t even wear one with a broken face
Yeah, I think it'll take a long time for it to apply to all players but I think the conversation is past-due. I'd imagine all existing NHL players will be grandfathered as it was when helmets became mandatory, but it's a level of protection that makes a lot of sense to see on the ice to me.

It's not popular, it looks less cool... but I'd hate to see what injury it'll take to make this an issue.

I also think that the cages out there now might not be the final design either. Looking at original helmets, original NFL facemasks or any other old equipment they were all fairly cumbersome or ineffective. I think one of the biggest issues with the cage is the chin, and someone smarter than I will likely design something that protects your face while still allowing good peripheral visibility.

I just think it's one of those things that will seem perfectly normal once it's instated (like helmets) but make the game a lot safer and I think more fun to watch.
Split98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 05:57 PM   #67
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's honestly crazy that they don't play with cages already. They're sadistic in how they WANT to get hurt facially. High sticking and elbows to the face is a guarantee to pretty much all players on a game-to-game basis. And at times it can yield to multiple games being lost to something completely avoidable. The insurance of the NHL cannot be pleased with that at all.
Old 03-07-2019, 06:01 PM   #68
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ And then they stand in front of the net facing 80-100MPH shots
Split98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 06:16 PM   #69
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not to mention skates possibly slashing face in a contact sport.

It's absolute madness actually. Don't allow it for youth and women sports to protect their faces. Why should it be any different at the men's pro level?