Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2019, 06:02 PM   #21
edslunch
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm glad you brought up PDO - it's a next to useless stat in my mind. Shooting percentage and save percentage are fine stats on their own, but mix them together and what does it tell you? If PDO is 100 are shot% and save% both average or are they offsetting each other? If I trade Mike Smith for Jordan Binnington am I now 3.8% luckier than I was? No, it means I got better goalie. And yes some teams shoot better than others.

And don't get me started on PDO applied to an individual player. I defy anyone to explain the correlation between a single skater's shot% and their goalie's save%, unless they're shooting own goals.
edslunch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 06:35 PM   #22
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
Those are such weird comments from Sigalet (don't make easy saves hard), because the surest way to make an easy save hard is to stay deep in your crease and have to react to the shot. If you come out and cut off the angle, reacting to the shot becomes unnecessary, it is simply body position.
What bugs me was that Rittich was playing deep in the net last night much like Smith. I don't recall him playing like this earlier in the season. If you watch the TSN highlights Ferarro is talking about how deep Rittich is playing. I don't want to turn this into a Sigalet thing but on his 3rd coaching staff I'm still waiting for any sort of indication he's part of the solution for this organization.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post: