Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2022, 10:42 AM   #2
Knut

Exp:

Good.

Guy doesnt actually believe what he says. All time Grifter. Hope he dies Pennyless.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 10:44 AM   #3
BlackArcher101
Such a pretty girl!

Exp:

Down in flames.... but will probably get even more donations than ever before, because "this is a political attack by the libs and nothing more".... If there's one thing I've learned, there is no penalty anymore for people like this. They will always end up better somehow.
Old 08-03-2022, 10:46 AM   #4
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackArcher101 View Post
Down in flames.... but will probably get even more donations than ever before, because "this is a political attack by the libs and nothing more".... If there's one thing I've learned, there is no penalty anymore for people like this. They will always end up better somehow.
Hopefully the stress of it all gives him a stroke so he can't spread his vile messages of hateful destruction anymore, and lives the rest of his life eating meals through a paper straw.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2022, 10:52 AM   #5
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

He better get charged with multiple counts of pergury…. Freeze his assets and give him 5 years per count. Pls.
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 10:53 AM   #6
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1554869293581582344
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2022, 10:56 AM   #7
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Live stream if anyone wants to follow along, looks like they are on break right now.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2022, 11:13 AM   #8
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackArcher101 View Post
This is what gets me. Ok, sure, fine...he gets fined some crazy amount of money, like 10 million. He makes 2-3 shows whinging about it, and his followers "donate to free him from the oppressive fist of the crooked judicial system!" and...his fine is covered, and he doesn't care, getting off without any actual consequences to his actions beside having to beg more money from his grift base.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 11:28 AM   #9
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is fantastic. Like, just the best thing. Can they tar and feather him at the end too, please?

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 11:48 AM   #10
Fighting Banana Slug
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I'd like to think I don't have much hate in my heart. I ####ing hate Alex Jones.
O.K. there has been a lot of talk on whether or not MacTavish has actually done a good job for us, most fans on this board are very basic in their analysis and I feel would change their opinion entirely if the team was successful.
Fighting Banana Slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 11:54 AM   #11
Engine09
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Utter garbage person, these type of people are disgusting. No different than the Joseph Smith, L Ron Hubbard and televangelist types who commit to the bull#### so hard they live by it.

Alas, there is no such thing as karma but if lucky there will be jail time.
Engine09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 12:18 PM   #12
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

Such a clown. Looking forward to never having to hear his name again.
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 12:22 PM   #13
Old Yeller
First Line Centre

Exp:

$800K a day during the "good" days and he hired a defense team that sent the plaintiffs vital evidence... awesome, love it.
Old Yeller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Old Yeller For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2022, 12:30 PM   #14
MRCboicgy
Referee

Exp:

I hate that two great things - going down and Flames - are associated with this waste of skin in the thread title...
Old 08-03-2022, 01:09 PM   #15
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Yeller View Post
$800K a day during the "good" days and he hired a defense team that sent the plaintiffs vital evidence... awesome, love it.
I am a noted cynic, but there is a part of me that wants to believe that his Defence team sending key evidence to the prosecution was 'accidental' in name only.

"This guy is a giant tool, complete scumbag and totally guilty and we get paid either way...'Hit Send.'"

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2022, 01:16 PM   #16
foshizzle11
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I am a noted cynic, but there is a part of me that wants to believe that his Defence team sending key evidence to the prosecution was 'accidental' in name only.

"This guy is a giant tool, complete scumbag and totally guilty and we get paid either way...'Hit Send.'"
Ya, I was going to say the same thing, seems a bit fishy. Everyone knows this guys is a piece of garbage, I also really hate him and I don't hate a lot of people in this world.

I hope he continues to get roasted, how can people follow him or donate that much money to him? I don't get it.
Old 08-03-2022, 01:29 PM   #17
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

Educate me please:

Why is Jones' phone not already in evidence without a leak, and why would it be excluded from discovery?

If Jones loses, is the leak grounds for appeal or for him to recover his losses by suing the leaker?
SebC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SebC For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2022, 01:36 PM   #18
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Burn mofo burn!
Old 08-03-2022, 01:43 PM   #19
Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
This is what gets me. Ok, sure, fine...he gets fined some crazy amount of money, like 10 million. He makes 2-3 shows whinging about it, and his followers "donate to free him from the oppressive fist of the crooked judicial system!" and...his fine is covered, and he doesn't care, getting off without any actual consequences to his actions beside having to beg more money from his grift base.
This is a civil action for defamation. The court will not impose a fine. It will, if it finds Jones liable, award damages to compensate the plaintiffs.
Old 08-03-2022, 01:47 PM   #20
Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebC View Post
Educate me please:

Why is Jones' phone not already in evidence without a leak, and why would it be excluded from discovery?

If Jones loses, is the leak grounds for appeal or for him to recover his losses by suing the leaker?
Good question

I seldom handle litigation matters (especially lately), so any litigators out there can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but...

If the evidence of text messages and emails on his phone is relevant to an issue at trial, it should be disclosed/produced to the other party (and likely be admissible at trial), absent some claim of privilege.

If any of the text messages or emails on the phone are not relevant to an issue or are privileged, the fact that Jones' lawyers inadvertently disclosed them will not magically make them relevant or waive privilege so as the make them admissible.

I suspect this reporter does not understand the litigation process.